Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #61
SpockKiriyama

Toad from Super Mario Kart.

He was the same as Koopa, just with a different skin. Plus, when he was AI he had those annoying but awesome shrink mushrooms.
SpockKiriyama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #62
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

KRORY!!!!! D':> (from D. gray man) I've mostly only heard hate from my friends and around the internet about him :'D they find him annoying, but i like his character xD it's cute how he doesnt know anything about the world at first and makes all these faux pas xD

and YAY! I see more people who like Howard Link!!!! admittedly, at first i was like "who the HELL is THAT >.>" but in the end i began to like his character more and still do, but tons of people still hate him >.> yeesh! i mean for doodley's sake-- i agree witht he previous comments... he's jsut doing what he's told!

ALSO. just about any female FF character (except Aeris :'D). they're COOL okay. Tifa isnt just boobs and a skirt! she's tough and sweet and caring. and I dont get all the Yuna hate either... whats with it? they're not annoying... in my opinion at the very least.

And still on FF, HOPE! he's little annoying at the start- but he was scared and his mum had just died! wouldnt you be a little bit cranky and scared?! D: his character developed quite nicely to me and he DID get over his revenge ideas.

Xion
a lot of people see her and think "Ugh, a FEMALE member of the organization? she must be a SUE!" or some crap like that. I like her character! >.< if you minus the emo time, she's actually pretty decent. also, if she were a male character, im sure tons of people would love her :S but yeah.

same goes for Kairi. I dont love her per se, but i have an appreciation for her that a lot of KH fans (often the more yaoi loving ones :'D) dont share xD a lot of crap is said about Kairi but come on... she's not too terrible is she?.... is she? S:

Last edited by RinoaShadow : 04-17-2011 at 09:12 PM.
RinoaShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #63
Taokaka
Herpa derpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaShadow View Post
KRORY!!!!! D':> (from D. gray man) I've mostly only heard hate from my friends and around the internet about him :'D they find him annoying, but i like his character xD it's cute how he doesnt know anything about the world at first and makes all these faux pas xD

and YAY! I see more people who like Howard Link!!!! admittedly, at first i was like "who the HELL is THAT >.>" but in the end i began to like his character more and still do, but tons of people still hate him >.> yeesh! i mean for doodley's sake-- i agree witht he previous comments... he's jsut doing what he's told!
Wha?! D: How can anyone hate on Krory-kins? I just want to hug him every time I see him!!! And him and Eliade are such a cute couple!

Yeah I admit too that I went "Wha, who the hell?!" After talking to one of my friends, he finally realized how cool Howard is!
-AnimeMidAtlantic
Taokaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #64
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaShadow View Post

And still on FF, HOPE! he's little annoying at the start- but he was scared and his mum had just died! wouldnt you be a little bit cranky and scared?! D: his character developed quite nicely to me and he DID get over his revenge ideas.
... ;A; I love Krory!!!

AND HOPE. He is... amazing. Probably one of the better characters in FFXIII.
I thought he developed well, and I totally agree... He saw his mom die, do you really expect him to be all "Pfft, I'm over it." ?!

Yeah... Hope & Krory rule.
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #65
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Rose Tyler (Doctor Who) - There's so much hate for her. D:
Son Pan (DBGT) - Okay. DBGT was pretty much all around fail. I still like her for some reason.

I'll add as I think of more.
MAGFest
Katsucon
Regen Who
Clovercon
L.I. Who
"Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #66
doxiequeen1

I'm not sure if this counts...But Eric from True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse Novels :3 I just loved him the second I saw him in the show, and then I read the books and like him even more.

But everyone seems to hate him
doxiequeen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #67
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

@doxie: lies!!!! .... I love Eric ;A;
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #68
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Naruto Uzumaki.

Most people follow the trend of hating the character, and while there are merits to following the trend when it comes to people cosplaying the character, I actually really admire the fictional character.

The drive, and motivation of him has managed to inspire me to pull myself out of more than my share of emotional funks and situational jams in my life.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 04:23 AM   #69
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
Naruto Uzumaki.

I actually really admire the fictional character.

The drive, and motivation of him has managed to inspire me to pull myself out of more than my share of emotional funks and situational jams in my life.
I love Naruto. He's a spunky sweetie with real, relateable issues. As a junior high teacher, I know kids just like him and they make my life better for their presence in it.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #70
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
... ;A; I love Krory!!!

AND HOPE. He is... amazing. Probably one of the better characters in FFXIII.
I thought he developed well, and I totally agree... He saw his mom die, do you really expect him to be all "Pfft, I'm over it." ?!

Yeah... Hope & Krory rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokaka View Post
Wha?! D: How can anyone hate on Krory-kins? I just want to hug him every time I see him!!! And him and Eliade are such a cute couple!

Yeah I admit too that I went "Wha, who the hell?!" After talking to one of my friends, he finally realized how cool Howard is!
Damn straight!! ><

and poor Krory and Eliade! D': when Eliade died i was just all "......Kroryyyyyyy!!!!!!!!..... ;o;" so huggable.

but i will say he's a little less huggable in the noah's ark thing :'D he got SCARY in that XD

Last edited by RinoaShadow : 04-18-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Unread 04-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #71
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

oh! and just since i've remembered~
VANILLE! okay, right, we get it. her australian accent is too much for some to handle- no need to insult or sometimes bash people with that accent (*cough-me-cough* xD)
but yeah. she's a little poppy and annoying but she's just being positive i guess :'D and BESIDES? Would it even BE a Final Fantasy without an annoying bubbly girl?!?!?!!?!?

and one final thing. she's not slutty for what she wears >.< it's part of her 'culture' and also it's based of off a real tribe-- the women of the Himba tribe. are they slutty? nope. it's jsut their culture. so stop calling vanille a skank

i dont 'love' her, but i have some sort of appreciation for her i suppose.

Last edited by RinoaShadow : 04-18-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Unread 04-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #72
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I would like Final Fantasy more if it lacked a bubbly hyper girl.

Krille, Relm, Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko, Rikku, and Penelo can all go to hell. OK maybe not Relm, she's at least useful.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #73
Rose of Battle
lolwut

A lot of people really dislike Colette from Tales of Symphonia. But I've always loved her. >___> She's not physically strong nor does she kick a lot of ass, but she's got a strong heart and the ability to smile and strengthen the whole party even when she's crying on the inside.

Also, Excalibur from Soul Eater. I think he's hilarious. I also think he's annoying, but it's more humorous that my friends despise him so much. XD

Let's see...who else?
Shinji - Evangelion
Suou - Darker than Black second season
Light - Death Note
Lelouch - Code Geass

And so many more...who are often villains.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #74
Anmanda

Yagami Light from Death Note, he's just too awesome. He get's waaayy too much hate.
Bernkastel from Umineko. She didn't appear too much in the anime, so I don't really think anyone who watched the anime hates her, but man, it seems like... every single person who read the Visual Novel hates her. I think she's a very intresting character, and she DOES have a reason why she's so cold hearted.
Also Erika Furudo from Umineko, I don't LOVE her, but she really made Umineko even more intresting so I don't dislike her either, I like her, that's it.
Unread 04-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #75
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

Luigi from Super Luigi Bros. the unappreciated sibling, hated also in his own world. Luigi's Mansion needs a sequel, screw Supah Mario's Screwy Galaxy, I don't care what happens to the castle or Peach after 20 years.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote