Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 10-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #1
Tuxed0_Mask

What are these things on these pants & how do you do them?

Character: Joseph Joestar
Series: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure pt 2: battle tendency
Reference Source of alt costume version: Bloody Stream CD cover

The upper body part of the costume; I have a vague idea on how to do it but the lower portion = I have no idea how to go about it. Then again, I have very little exp in cosplay crafting, just the sewing basics. Material knowledge = nah. Thus really hoping & appreciate that somebody has an idea or know what these accessories are. What i'm referring to is on the subject's pants in the images below v

First thing is, what are those square-shaped things on Jojo's pants & how would anybody put stick those onto a shredded pair of pants?

Second is, how would one tear up a pair of pants so that they'd appear to be naturally worn & torn without making it appear that they have straight cuts from a pair of scissors?

Third concern is what method one is suppose to use for the orange band that's underneath Jojo's red-ish belt?

Again, any input/ ideas on how those pants work would greatly be appreciated
Tuxed0_Mask is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

Okay, in order of the way I'd construct them: First, use some rough sandpaper to thin down the material of a regular pair of jeans where you want the cuts to be. You'll need a lot of sandpaper, but it'll make the fibers look more naturally worn down. You can just thin it until you get some little holes, then slash the fabric with a razor blade.
The little things look like metal studs. Put them wherever you want them, then fold in the little prongs on the back. Simple. For the larger ones, stick a stud on a piece of felt or foam, then sew that to the pants.
The orange band could be any kind of trim. Take a look around, see what you find.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #3
Evil Bishounen
Hail to the King

Your first two images don't work. Only the third is visible.

Re: orange thing -
I assume you mean that band hanging on his hip in the third image?

Just hang it from the belt carriers using chain or cording. Don't use a straight strip. It will need to be curved to look right. Whatever you make it out of, you can punch studs into it.

2014: Anime Los Angeles and whatever else falls into my lap

I now have a Tumblr. Sometimes I use it.
Evil Bishounen is offline   Reply With Quote