Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > AM˛

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
ElCapitan
Dictator

AM˛ Announces kanon x kanon as Guests of Honor

Lolita Sensation Kanon Wakeshima to Perform Solo and With An Cafe’s Kanon to Have the U.S. Debut of kanon x kanon at this Summer’s Most Anticipated Animation, Music and Manga Convention in Southern California

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (April 15, 2011)– Experience the rich and haunting sounds from Japan’s most entrancing “cello vocalist” Kanon Wakeshima and legendary Akiba-kei Otaku male sound creator and famed An Cafe bassist Kanon as they come to this summer’s most anticipated anime, Japanese music and manga event AM˛ as official Guests of Honor! More info and attendee registration can be found at www.am2con.org

“Cello vocalist”, Kanon Wakeshima took up the cello at age 3. Her incredible talent caught attention of Visual-kei star Mana (Moi dix Mois, ex-MALICE MIZER). Kanon’s rich, haunting sound fit well with the Gothic & Lolita street fashion culture for which Mana is very well known. Kanon Wakeshima will be performing a solo concert at AM˛.

In addition, Kanon Wakeshima will be joined by famed An Cafe bassist, Kanon, to have their U.S. debut of the “2.5th-dimension phenomenal musical unit” kanon x kanon at AM˛ as well. The duo’s deep affection for anime and anime songs, mixed with their distinctive visual expression, is definitely something new. They are intangible products of thought, emerging from the 2.5th dimension that lies between the real world (3D) and the world of Anime (2D) to create Anime songs for all to enjoy including the opening song for Fuji TV’s highly popular anime SHIKI.

“I am totally stoked that kanon x kanon will have their debut U.S. performance at AM˛,” states AM˛ representative Chase Wang, “and Kanon Wakeshima is so enchanting that to have her perform a full on concert as well is an amazing treat! Fans will be mesmerized by her artistry and amazing talent!”

Kanon Wakeshima and kanon x kanon joins heidi., Gashicon, IBI and MINT as official AM2 Guests of Honors for 2011.

AM2 current activities include Exhibit Hall, AMV’s, Arcade, Summer Festival, World Cosplay Summit, Behind the Voice Actors Studio, Rum Party Pirates, Cosplay Chess, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, AniMaid Café, Workshops, Panels, Concerts and more!

Partnerships include Ani.ME.

Prize sponsors include Atlas Games, Cosplay Wigs USA, FUNimation and Gaia Online.

Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/am2con

Follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/am2con

Also, 25% of all official Passport sales will be donated directly to Japanese Disaster Relief efforts.

Wakeshima official: http://www.kanonweb.jp/
Wakeshima facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kanon-...31865336825402

kanon x kanon official: http://www.kanonkanon.net/
kanon x kanon facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...07118146040335

About AM˛
Located in Anaheim, California – AM˛, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) 24 hour event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM˛ will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at www.am2con.org

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AM˛ 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

yep,iknew am2 would have kanon wakeshima. i also predictd they would briing kanon from an cafe! i'll pass on that show though i have alreadt met both of them and seen them preform. still agood get for am2 though!
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:33 AM   #3
usachanpeace

Kanon Wakeshima isn't going to perform solo then?
usachanpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
sicdedman
SicLeatherFace

she might do a song or two from her first 2 solo albums, then kanon of an cafe will prob come on stage and they will do the songs they have as kanon x kanon.

after all, she has her 2nd album she is still supporting.
PMX 2014 *8th Year* *3rd Year Staff* -- Loscon 2014 *3rd Year Staff*
sicdedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Thymidine

Quote:
Originally Posted by usachanpeace View Post
Kanon Wakeshima isn't going to perform solo then?
According to their press release, she will perform solo as well as kanon x kanon. I think they are two separate concerts.
Thymidine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
JellySpIIrt
Hipster Loki is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymidine View Post
According to their press release, she will perform solo as well as kanon x kanon. I think they are two separate concerts.
Yes, they are both separately I believe.

I am sooooo excited. It'll be my second time meeting and seeing Kanon preform , and third time seeing Kanon preform but first meeting him.
Ican't wait until tickets are up for them. I need to get the heidi ones soon (* * )

Facebook Fanpage
JellySpIIrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Thymidine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellySpIIrt View Post
Yes, they are both separately I believe.

I am sooooo excited. It'll be my second time meeting and seeing Kanon preform , and third time seeing Kanon preform but first meeting him.
Ican't wait until tickets are up for them. I need to get the heidi ones soon (* * )
Hm wouldn't it be a better deal for you to purchase a 3 day passport at $40.00 rather than purchase two single event tickets for the two concerts at $20.00 each? The 3 day passport will allow you priority access to autographs and allow you to go into the guest parties to meet the guests in person. I don't think the single event wristbands come with that.
Unread 04-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
ElCapitan
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thymidine View Post
The 3 day passport will allow you priority access to autographs and allow you to go into the guest parties to meet the guests in person. I don't think the single event wristbands come with that.
Yep, that's right. Plus, if you're paying the same price anyway, you might as well get the other stuff like food discounts and Summer Festival tokens.

Derf Tang
Operations Director, AM˛ 2012
ElCapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #9
JellySpIIrt
Hipster Loki is in.

^ WAIT, passport pays for tickets too? I already got my passport. XDDDDDDDDDDD

Facebook Fanpage
Unread 04-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

lol passport seems to do everything do 3 days are smarter over 1 day or 2 imo jus for all the extras imo for all the stuff announced.

Nice 1 announcement actually counts as two for Kanon and then Kanon X Kanon, even earlier was heidi so musical guests are getting plentiful for am2 so far
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #11
Thymidine

Looking at their main event ticketing page, it looks like there are three unannounced concerts.
Unread 04-16-2011, 01:30 AM   #12
LelouchYamazaki
Prince in the Mountain

should be the sooo sad one and Scandal if the clues were read correctly, I am hoping it is Scandal so I can try to get front row to see them....so that would leave one more
LelouchYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Wow, kudos...Kanon x Kanon = huge get for AM2! In my opinion, the first really impressive GoH announcements from the summer cons.
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo

Potential Future Crossplays
Rei Ayanami (school uniform)
Stocking Anarchy (default)
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
JellySpIIrt
Hipster Loki is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animejunkie View Post
Wow, kudos...Kanon x Kanon = huge get for AM2! In my opinion, the first really impressive GoH announcements from the summer cons.
Imo, most impressive guest for American cons since Moi dix Mois in 2009. XD

Facebook Fanpage
Unread 04-27-2011, 07:50 PM   #15
xiaohimecece
The Little Princess

*0* i am so envious.
Do you have any idea exactly what day is it going to be on?
xiaohimecece is offline   Reply With Quote