Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 04-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Owww...>.<

So I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, and I'm in the most pain that I've ever been in after surgery...aaaand Anime Boston is next weekend. OTL According to the surgeon, I should just barely have recovered by then...but for now, my whole head hurts, and I've got those unattractive puffy chipmunk cheeks from the swelling. >.< I'm going to look and feel like a total idiot at the con if I'm not recovered by then, so I better recover soon. XD

Anyone else ever had to deal with something like this just before a con? Recovering from surgery, or otherwise? XD;
MermaidRizu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
limesoda
west coast warrior

i crashed my motorcycle into a bus at 50 (buses fault) and i was wrecked for months but at least i can still walk. a week or so ago i also jumped a bmx down stairs and bailed and cut my face up as well as bitting through my lip. i look fine for grad though. i hope.
limesoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

A-kon last year, my knee is slightly crooked so walking for long periods of time can make it twist out of place(Although its usually fine). But of course, for the con it was not fine. SO I had to bring my knee brace with me and sit down alot. Im sure my lovely blue knee brace looked incredibly attractive.
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

By the grace of god my wisdom teeth DIDN'T have to be removed at the time of a con, although I do remember how painful it was. The the worse thing that almost was before a con was a period scare and my periods are horrible. It came literally a week before the convention so luckly I was done the day before the actual convention.
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
happymunchkin
Something huggable

My friend actually just had her wisdom tooth out a few days ago (she only had one, lucky), and we'll be going to Anime Boston next weekend too. So you won't be the only one
Unread 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymunchkin View Post
My friend actually just had her wisdom tooth out a few days ago (she only had one, lucky), and we'll be going to Anime Boston next weekend too. So you won't be the only one
Only one? Man, that is lucky, I had all four taken out, and the bottom two were impacted. >.< But at least I'm not alone now, let's hope for quick recoveries for both of us! XD
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

Oh dear, I've been procrastinating getting mine pulled. I have enough painful crap to deal with XD I think I'll wait till con season to pass. I can relate with the period pain, though I'm more annoyed with stubborn bloat after all that dull horrid pain passes. You don't fell 100% in your costumes with that.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

My wisdom teeth never came in. I had some partially formed uppers but that was it.

I have other issues though. Like I walk horribly wrong. I have to have orthodics so my ankles don't scream out in pain. If I walk for a long period of time (by long I mean about 10-15 min) and then sit down, when i get up I look really gimpy. Like some crippled kid from special ed gimpy. Herp derp.

...and at conventions of course I can't wear them. Anime North will be fun.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtime Mouth View Post
Oh dear, I've been procrastinating getting mine pulled. I have enough painful crap to deal with XD I think I'll wait till con season to pass. I can relate with the period pain, though I'm more annoyed with stubborn bloat after all that dull horrid pain passes. You don't fell 100% in your costumes with that.
Even though it sucks, it's always better to get it done earlier rather than later. XD; My mom waited until she was in her 30's, and by then she ended up with an infection and all sorts of sucky stuff. At a younger age, at least you only have to deal with the pain~ XD
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #10
totorolover
Sleep is 4 loserS!

i had two pulled that came in crooked, and i didnt use the strong meds they prescribed, they made me sick. i just used Motrin and was ok. i was a better with in a few days but your gums where the teeth were pulled will be sore for a while. mine were sore for a few weeks i think.

costume list

chii- clamp no kieske cover
Dream - sandman comics
caption harlock (for husband)
totoro dress (daughter)
totorolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #11
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
By the grace of god my wisdom teeth DIDN'T have to be removed at the time of a con, although I do remember how painful it was. The the worse thing that almost was before a con was a period scare and my periods are horrible. It came literally a week before the convention so luckly I was done the day before the actual convention.
Ugh. Mine hates me. >.> I usually get really awful ones. Especially when it decides to play games and doesn't come on time and leaves me guessing... which is often. The worst was pain during a convention where two of my costumes had white bottoms.

I still have to get my wisdom teeth removed. I am not looking forward to that.
MAGFest
Katsucon
Regen Who
Clovercon
L.I. Who
"Darling, I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
MermaidRizu
Mermaid Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by totorolover View Post
i had two pulled that came in crooked, and i didnt use the strong meds they prescribed, they made me sick. i just used Motrin and was ok. i was a better with in a few days but your gums where the teeth were pulled will be sore for a while. mine were sore for a few weeks i think.
Yeah, I have a hard time swallowing pills in general, and the ones they prescribed me are huge, so I've been taking liquid motrin, which is working pretty well. XD At this point I just want to be able to eat something else besides spaghettios, mac and cheese, and ice cream. XD;
Unread 04-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #13
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

The first few days are HELL, but it peters off and you should be okay by go-time.

My secret: Grab an ice cube tray, and put a tablespoon of water or fruit juice in each cube part. Freeze it and you have some ice chips to suck on and dull the pain.

The worst part was that my surgeon prescribed me Vicodin and neither of us knew that I'm highly sensitive to narcotics. Calling him at 3 am to report that I was puking my guts out was rather fun.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #14
BraveKnight

I had all of my wisdom teeth be impacted... then they told me my jaw muscles were really strong so they had to cut away at my tendons a little to stretch my mouth a little more. So yeah... that sucked... I was real grumpy without vicodin then my dentist was like "I thought you'd come back for more! *writes prescription* I just wanted to make sure you didn't abuse the stuff and took it like I suggested". *eye glare*
BraveKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

My gf had hers out back in October I think it was... she was out for a week and a bit... they say I'll never get mine... but I can sympathize the period thing... I get so bad I can't move... so they put me on the pill to help, and it does, but not completely... but they told me that if I absolutely cannot bear to have a period when it comes time, I can skip the break period and start a new pack...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote