Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club

Unread 04-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #1
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Different patches

I was just wondering what the difference was between the different Ouran patches. I've just been looking at them and thinking about a possible Ouran cosplay, and I've seen three different kinds of patches. As far as I can tell this one is the patch for the Junior High students, and this one is for the High School students, because it's on the blazers, but then what's this fancy purple one? I can't seem to find it in any of the pictures or screencaps.

In all the pictures of the high school students the blazers have the gold patch, and the girl's uniform doesn't have a patch at all.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #2
creativecrater
browncoat trekkie

Yeah, I always wondered too... In the anime, I think I remember seeing the fancy design once? But I don't have time to search for it right now. Though I think they stuck with a plainer design for the anime just to make life easier. If you look at the manga in the first chapter, it's obvious the badge is more ornate than the first link you put up (more shield like and plain) and more like the second one (rounder and more colorful).

In this case, I think the more ornate one just looks nicer. However, this one is the badge I purchased. It's not super plain looking like the first one you linked, it is more rounded, but not as ornate as the second or third. I made sure to get matching badges for my group (4 of us), even though two of us ended up with different jacket color/material than the other two. XD
Oh well.

I think for cosplays, people tend to favor the fancy ones? I've even seen people embroider their own. All the same general shape and design, but some fancier than others with slightly diff colors. Though I've no idea where the silver and purple came from. I guess your best bet is to choose the one your group will be getting or just choose the one you like best. ^^
Please PM if you have pics or vids of us!

"Get Ready. This is the I.C.U. The Intensive Cosplay Unit. Dirty bit."
creativecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #3
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Yeah, the one you linked definitely looks more like the simpler anime design, while the other one might be more like a detailed manga design.

The first one I know is for the Junior High uniform, because you can see it in Tamaki's flashbacks.

Other than that, the fancy purple one I guess is just another fancy design.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
zizi994
Kaede

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunesonatuesday View Post
The first one I know is for the Junior High uniform, because you can see it in Tamaki's flashbacks.
I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the simpler manga design. If you look at the two uniforms in the anime, it's exactly the same emblem.

I plan on getting the simpler looking one. Maybe it's 'cause I saw the anime before I read the manga, but I just think the fancy ones are unnecessary.

Upcoming Costumes:
None, for now

Upcoming Conventions:
San Japan Samurai 7 : San Antonio, TX
Delta H Con : Houston, TX
zizi994 is offline   Reply With Quote