Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 09-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
JuanGalto

Matchwigs.com Review

I am a first time buyer from Matchwigs, and I have mostly positive things to say about them. First off, their selection and prices are great. I had a lot of trouble finding a wig in the right color and style that I needed and not only was Matchwigs the only place that had it, it was about half the cost it would have been to piece it together from Arda. Also, their website is very easy to use and the customer service was excellent.

The only downside I experienced using Matchwigs was actually just the wig itself. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with what I got but my wig had a major issue: the roots are really tangled in the front. While most of the wig was soft and smooth, out of the box (or bag, in this case) the front of it was a mess. I did manage to style the wig so that the roots will not show but it was still a pain in the butt to have to do it at all. While this was a big disappointment it was the only one I experienced doing business with them, and it has been fixed. It was still worth the money that I spent on it.

To break it down-

Pros:
1. Great prices, great selection, great website overall
2. Completely free shipping option, or pay $2 extra for tracking
3. Beautiful wig that is soft, thick, and came mostly unstyled. Absolutely perfect for my costume.
4. Used a straightener on a low setting and was able to completely smooth out curls.
5. Came with LOTS of hair to work with

Cons:
1. Front of the wig came tangled
2. Shipping took about what I expected it would. It was a lot longer than most things I order though...I would recommend ordering well in advance to be safe

Product: http://matchwigs.com/buy-cosplay-wig...g-cosplay.html

All in all, I give them about a 7.5 out of 10. Will definitely buy from again, and recommend them if you're trying to pinch pennies or can't find the right wig anywhere else.
JuanGalto is offline   Reply With Quote