Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 07-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
buzelda

so i ordered from them, 2 weeks ago, every time i check the website it says."processing" does that mean they haven't even sent it out in the mail by now?
buzelda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
The Curly Squid
Funsized Cosplayer

I ordered a costume from them about three months ago and I need it for this month (I did my research and everyone had recommended ordering three months in advance so I did) and I must say that it has been a pleasure. Venus was very helpful and the lack of English wasnt really a problem. Just received message that my costume is in fact in the country and now has to go through customs and then to my mailbox ^^ (Once I receive it I'll give a review on the materials and so on~)
A lot of mixed reviews here but I say give them a chance! My friend ordered two wigs from this site and they arrived on the given time no hassle at all! They're both truly beautiful but the Nantucket/ahoge on one of them is quite limp XD Their wigs seem pretty good ^^
☆〜 Sealand - Hetalia (90%) 〜☆
☆〜 Nepeta Leijon - Homestuck (20%) 〜☆
☆〜 Cian - RETRO SHEEK (15%) 〜☆
☆〜God Tier Dave - Homestuck (10%) 〜☆
The Curly Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curly Squid View Post
A lot of mixed reviews here but I say give them a chance! My friend ordered two wigs from this site and they arrived on the given time no hassle at all! They're both truly beautiful but the Nantucket/ahoge on one of them is quite limp XD Their wigs seem pretty good ^^
I'm going to assume your friend has the America wig? XD Just a quick tip, my best friend bought the same wig (it's actually my wig now, but that's another story for another day) and her ahoge/Nantucket also came limp, so what she did was she reinforced it with a paperclip and LOTS of hair gel. She hasn't had to put more gel on it since, and the ahoge curls just the way it sould.

Back to the topic at hand, I think that most of the complaints about fm-anime (at least the ones I've heard) are from people not liking the long time it taks to get the outfit. Honestly, I would not reccommend fm-anime to anyone who needs their costume in 45 days or less, especially if it's a custom-sized cosplay. However, because I order the things I need months in advance, I've never had a problem with them. I recently ordered a Belarus cosplay and wig for my best friend, and I'm content since my prior experiences were so good.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
The Curly Squid
Funsized Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
I'm going to assume your friend has the America wig? XD
And bingo was his name-o XD

I must also point out that FM-Anime have a few very good wigs that even though are listed under a certain characters name, can be used for TONS of other cosplays!
I'm thinking of buying the Alois Trancy wig and re-styling it for Dave, then for Sealand and many other future costumes! AwA
But I can't say anything till I've received the actual item
☆〜 Sealand - Hetalia (90%) 〜☆
☆〜 Nepeta Leijon - Homestuck (20%) 〜☆
☆〜 Cian - RETRO SHEEK (15%) 〜☆
☆〜God Tier Dave - Homestuck (10%) 〜☆
The Curly Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I just ordered another wig from them the other day, so I'll be sure to upload a review when I get it. :3 Same goes for the Belarus cosplay I ordered for my friend. Now I'm racking my brain trying to remember how long it took me to get my chibitalia cosplay so I know when to expect to get my wig inthe mail. XD

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
xxnickiyxx

Well okay, here I am again.
I would just like to inform you guys of the commission I did with thema while back. I commissioned boots and a wig for Goddess Madoka, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. And it was utterly PERFECT. They made the wig extra long, and gave the twintails fluff, even though I forgot to ask about that. The boots were made perfect to every detail I requested, and they even added the details I forgot!

Now I do admit, they were kinda slow on the commission, and they didn't send my pictures before it was shipped out, but that was all made up due to the beautiful quality!
xxnickiyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #22
xxnickiyxx

And yet another perfect commission at Fm-Anime. This time it was a Dead Master wig, from Black Rock Shooter. And it's perfect. The colour is exactly how I wanted it. The twin tails can be removed and I had a perfect service, this time with picture before it was shipped out.

And just a quick note for people who complain about their stock status. I asked them about it. But as they mention on their site, all items are custom made, including wigs. So they have no goods in stock unless it's from the 'Ready to ship page' And it's stated multiple times throughout their site, so I don't think you can really complain about it...
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

I bought my Imitation Black Len crossplay from there last month and besides being all long it was goodly made. Besides i had to assemble the yellow ribbon
here's pic
http://www.acparadise.com/ace/display.php?p=247947

and i noticed that I wore the corset worng xO
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #24
GlaceonHearts
Sky Tamer Winona

Wow, I didn't realize so many people had issues with them. I've made NUMEROUS orders with them and almost all have gone perfectly.
This isn't in proper review format, but there's too much to do that; it's already very long. Split into 2 posts long.

THE GOOD.

"Vocaloid Hatsune Miku 120CM Cosplay Wig (Emerald)"- One item of the two I got in my first order with them. Was shipped out after only a couple days, and arrived to Canada in about a week and a half- overall, VERY fast. This was with normal shipping. Picked the wig up from the post office, and put it in my vehicle. I'll admit; I threw both of the envelopes onto the floor of the passengers side, and left it in my cold vehicle for a few hours while I was at work. Still, when I opened the (still completely undamaged) envelope, the wig was in PERFECT condition. This was a long wig- I'm only about 5'5, so the pigtails went to almost my ankles. And yet, NO tangles whatsoever. Soft and thick as well. A perfect wig. Sadly, being my first wig, I did not understand proper wig care, so it did not last a great deal of time unu (Ordered in 2011)

"Vocaloid Kagamine Rin Hard-R.K.mix Cosplay Wig"- Second item of the order. Also poorly treated by myself, but due to being a short wig, is still in perfect condition to this day. Another soft, thick wig that was wonderful. Does need trimming once you get it, but nothing huge. (2011 order)

"Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Love Is War Cosplay Costume"- Second order, third item. Emailed Venus about this beforehand, explaining that I needed it for Halloween; was this possible? I received an email back a day and a half later saying yes, if I ordered right away. Placed my order immediately (my account history says September 11th, 2011). It was shipped on the 24th, and I received it exactly a month after that date; almost three weeks before my deadline. This was with custom sizing. Costume was perfect, exactly as shown. Only issues were that the belt on the waist didn't quite fit as shown, and the skirt was hard to slip shut, but I suspect that was due to my measuring bad. Since this was my error, it was not their fault (this is something that irks me in reviews; "It would be five stars/ an A but it was too small because I measured wrong". Well that's your own fault then! They can't know that!). (2011 Order)

"Vocaloid Megurine Luka 80CM Cosplay Wig"- Third order, fourth item. A gorgeous wig. Exactly as shown. It's a bit thinner, but it isn't noticeable, and makes it lighter. I wore it three days straight and couldn't tell the difference from my normal hair, which is fairly short (above my shoulders). VERY soft, and it has lasted a LOT of abuse (three days at a splash park with minimum combing between days, and it still looks fantastic after a wash. Bit frizzed at the ends, but my fault, and nothing I can't fix). Shipping details on next item

"Vocaloid Megurine Luka Project Diva Kimono Cosplay Costume"- Third order, fifth item. This costume is exactly as shown, and is STUNNING. It looks gorgeous. They also cleverly hid two ties on the 'shirt' under where the bow goes, so you can tie it tight, and not worry about your boobs falling out, and they are hidden once you put the bow around the waist- VERY cleverly done, in my opinion. The details are stunning on it as well- the flowers on the skirt bottom are each individual beads (by that, I mean each PETAL is it's own bead), and same with on the ends of the sleeves, and the bow details are painted on. It also comes with boot covers, so you can use your own shoes with this costume and save on buying their shoes. This costume blew me away with all the details and care.
I ordered it at the New Year, and told them I had no exact deadline; if I could have it by the end of May, that would work fine for me, and there was no rush. My order was shipped (with the wig) on April 19th; however, I received an email two days before asking for my phone number, because Canada Customs needs it for EMS shipping. They upgraded my shipping to EMS, for FREE. I thought that was wonderful of them, myself. Arrived a week and a half later- a day before my cosplay group's photoshoot as well, luckily enough, so I got to wear a brand new costume to it.

"Silver White Medium Crimp Cosplay Wig (60CM)"- Item 7. GORGEOUS wig. I did notice it was thinner than my other wigs, but again, once styled, unnoticeable, and comfortable as my other wigs. Exactly the colour shown, which is rare with white/silver/grey wigs. Ordered with previous item.

THE OKAY.

"Okami Amaterasu Personified Cosplay Costume"- Order four, item six. Another costume with some great details, and overall, fabulous. I did, however, have a couple issues with this one that were not of my own fault. Since it was a strapless dress, I put my bust size about 4CM UNDER what it actually is, and did so with my waist and hip measurements and well. I wanted it to it tighter to prevent a slip, and I was hoping to lose a bit of weight before my convention. Which didn't happen; I actually put ON a couple pounds. Whoops.
Alas, upon arriving, it didn't fit properly. No, it was not too small. It was too LARGE. It hung a bit in the chest/waist area, and didn't stay on it's own. Uh-oh. Fortunately, there were strap holders sewn in- so you could put a pair of clear bra straps on it. Unfortunately, the hooks of every strap I tried slipped out. Make sure you order this a bit smaller to ensure it fits properly! Otherwise, GREAT costume. Again, emailed beforehand to see if I could get it on time; my deadline was to have it for August 3rd. Was told, go ahead, it will be fine. Ordered on July 13th. Was shipped on the 24th, arrived the day before my deadline, I believe.

Next post; the bad.
GlaceonHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

I didn't buy a costume from them, although I have purchased a wig from them and one as well from their agent store and I have to say, they are amazing. Which a very rare thing for me to say indeed since I am usually unfortunately pretty critical about cosplay merchandise.

For this being the only company that I'm aware of that does wig prestyling I was so impressed with the quality of both their wigs and their work. The manufacturing and the shipping wasn't exactly quick, although it was reliable and when it did arrive I was more than impressed how they turned out. Venus' customer service skills are astounding and she is an absolute pleasure to work with, only be aware that sometimes they are busy so they might not be able to get back to you right away.

I plan on getting a custom wig made later either this month or in February for the price that they are offering to do for it. I will always trust them for making my wigs. They've made a loyal customer out of me.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #26
xxnickiyxx

I would really encourage you to commission them. I have done 3 commissions with them so far. And I have another 3 wigs in commission right now. And everything was just perfect! I've never been so pleased with any quality! You do need to have some patients but the wait is worth it
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #27
Yuukixo

How long does it take for commission wigs to take?
Theres a convention in my area on August 31, would it arrive then?
Yuukixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #28
Alyssa711

Angry my costume

I searched a review for this site to hopefully get some kind of anxiety lifted off my shoulders but this has just worried me even more...

My mother ordered my Chii cosplay and wig in the beginning of December (8th about) and they were good about communication- she hadn't given my measurements and so the order was held off until she gave the measurements on the 18th. After that we never got any emails

We have emailed them- basically every day since and there has been no word from them. My friend's boyfriend ordered an snk cosplay from them and already got it- he ordered in january. At this point i was angry and confused- my friend kept saying they were good about emailing back too.

I figured for a long time that more complicated cosplays took longer to make and I get that they have a lot of customers during the holiday season but it's March 8th- almost three months since we ordered and the convention is less than a month away.

I can't believe this and I will not be buying from them again- it's a shame since their cosplays appear so good and the wigs look like they are good quality.

I try not to ever complain about things like this but this made me so pissed because this (not having a cosplay in time) happened before with another cosplay (not off of fm-anime, it was ebay and it was because we ordered late and didn't get it in time for the convention) and we ordered way in advance to avoid this.

Past:
Rin Kagamine
Panty Anarchy
Yui Hirasawa(school uniform)
fem!Shizuo
Yui Hirasawa(don't say lazy)

Present:
Crona
Rin Kagamine (Fox's Wedding)
Silica
Amulet Fortune
C.C
Chihiro Fujisaki
Alyssa711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #29
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa711 View Post
I searched a review for this site to hopefully get some kind of anxiety lifted off my shoulders but this has just worried me even more...

My mother ordered my Chii cosplay and wig in the beginning of December (8th about) and they were good about communication- she hadn't given my measurements and so the order was held off until she gave the measurements on the 18th. After that we never got any emails

We have emailed them- basically every day since and there has been no word from them. My friend's boyfriend ordered an snk cosplay from them and already got it- he ordered in january. At this point i was angry and confused- my friend kept saying they were good about emailing back too.

I figured for a long time that more complicated cosplays took longer to make and I get that they have a lot of customers during the holiday season but it's March 8th- almost three months since we ordered and the convention is less than a month away.

I can't believe this and I will not be buying from them again- it's a shame since their cosplays appear so good and the wigs look like they are good quality.

I try not to ever complain about things like this but this made me so pissed because this (not having a cosplay in time) happened before with another cosplay (not off of fm-anime, it was ebay and it was because we ordered late and didn't get it in time for the convention) and we ordered way in advance to avoid this.

What I do is to try to live chat with them in the morning,, (like 8-10 in the morning) so that it would be 8-10 at night there. some times emails don't go through which happened to my cousin once.

I feel sorry for you and I hope it make it in time for your convention!
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote