Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
GentlemanRDP

Help on N cosplay ((Pokemon Black/White))

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/c...me_image_R.gif

So this is N, N is gorgeous, and Gent here is wishing to cosplay him.

Because of my lack of funds right now, It's extremely likely that this will end up as mostly a thrift-store cosplay. Which I feel no shame in because all of my other cash is going towards a very complicated Steampunk Sora cosplay. Both cosplays are intended for Anime Banzai happening in October of this year, anyway, that's pretty irrelevant. Ahem.

My problem is this, well...I've got a few problems, actually.

Firstly, His necklace, I'm not sure what it is...

It looks sort of like a ball with Saturn like rings criss-crossing over each other in an "X" shape...and honestly when I first saw it, it looked like a damned baby binky. Does anyone have any better pictures of this? Or is there really only two different pictures of N available from actual screen footage? Also...do you think it would look better hung on cord, or chain? The singular line makes me think it should be cord, but really, I dunno.

Secondly, that cuff on his right hand.

I'm scared of that thing. Honestly, I have no clue what to make it out of. It looks like it should be metal, but I've never worked with metal before, other than making rings, but still...Ideas?

Thirdly, the bracelet things on his left hand.

I'm not sure what to make those out of either, and I can't tell how many there are. I think it's three, but...yeah...I think. Also, I see a lot of people make them yellow, but would it be weird to make them gold instead?

Next, I'm debating that rubix cube on his waist.

Would it be odd to make it out of Sculpey? Also, I've seen people make these green before, but it looks more gold to me...

And finally, those shoes.

Should I look for green shoes...or is it realistic to think that I might be able to paint a pair of shoes? What would be the best way to do this? And what kind of paint would be best? Fabric paint? And what kind of material should I look for in my shoes?

That is all >.<;

~ Is looking for a friendly group of people to cosplay with in the Utah valley. Hit me up!

"As a cosplayer of nearly five years, I'm restarting from below the ground-up. No mistakes this time,"
GentlemanRDP is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
acostory
Draw!

Hi c: I'm working on cosplaying N too in the near future, so I might be of some help.

I'm not able to find any good screenshots, but here are some pictures of other cosplayers' works:

Here and here

I'd suggest if you're low on money to get a small Styrofoam ball and glue some wooden disks onto it. The cuff can be made by buying a simple leather bracelet (Like the ones sold at Hot Topic) and putting duct tape on it. For the other bracelet, it would be absolutely fine to make them gold, because they look to be gold. You can make them out of wood easily, or check around to see if you can commission them from someone cheaply. The "rubix cube" would be fine to be made out of Sculpey if that's what you'd prefer. It's yellow, not green.

For the shoes, I wish I could help you there, but I was lucky enough to find a good-looking pair at a thrift store. I'd say look around, in case you don't find a way to make them.

Hope I've helped ^^
acostory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
dalbkino

Bulbapedia has an entry for N -> http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/N

There's a couple of pictures, but not much...
* Lulu from League of Legends *Sona from League of Legends * Pilot from Farscape
dalbkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
urisco
urisco

for the bracelets on left hand I would make them out of wood. They look squarish to me I don't know then paint them gold because they look gold to me. The other arm I would try using maybe some felt layer it up a bunch to make it appear thick then sew on the white rectangular things. Or you could try finding something in that shape and adding things to it etc.

For the rubix cube I'd buy a rubix cube and sharpie the right color onto it. Then attach it to a chain. For the necklace I'd hang it on a thick black string since that's how it looks and the base of the necklace I'd probably take a Styrofoam ball and take some craft foam paper stuff (I forget the name lol) the thick kind make it stiff with gorilla glue and shove it into the ball. Then go over it with sculpty I prefer paperclay but that's just me you can use anything really. try to put it on as smooth as possible let it dry. After it drys use some sandpaper you can get this at the dollar store actually everything for the necklace you probably can get there except for the clay. but anyways sandpaper it to make it nice and smooth. If you want it even smoother use modpodge you can skip this step if moneys an issue. Then paint over it.

Just an idea I don't know hope it helps.
urisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
GentlemanRDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acostory View Post
Hi c: I'm working on cosplaying N too in the near future, so I might be of some help.

I'm not able to find any good screenshots, but here are some pictures of other cosplayers' works:

Here and here

I'd suggest if you're low on money to get a small Styrofoam ball and glue some wooden disks onto it. The cuff can be made by buying a simple leather bracelet (Like the ones sold at Hot Topic) and putting duct tape on it. For the other bracelet, it would be absolutely fine to make them gold, because they look to be gold. You can make them out of wood easily, or check around to see if you can commission them from someone cheaply. The "rubix cube" would be fine to be made out of Sculpey if that's what you'd prefer. It's yellow, not green.

For the shoes, I wish I could help you there, but I was lucky enough to find a good-looking pair at a thrift store. I'd say look around, in case you don't find a way to make them.

Hope I've helped ^^
Awesome! I'd love to see pictures when you start working on it!

And thanks for the pictures, I really appreciate it. Finding N cosplayers can be hard, I always end up with galleries of Near from Death Note >__O; It would have been nice had they given him a more original name, but nuuuu...of course not, they have to make it complicated.

Thanks for your ideas as well! I've actually done the golden bangle...thingies already. I made them out of Sculpey, they're ridiculously heavy, and they fall off of my hand if I don't have my fingers spread out, but they look really good xD I need to buy another camera so I can post pictures. Wow...that was a rant >.<;

~ Is looking for a friendly group of people to cosplay with in the Utah valley. Hit me up!

"As a cosplayer of nearly five years, I'm restarting from below the ground-up. No mistakes this time,"
GentlemanRDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
cloud_sephiroth

Ok, so here's how i did it, i did a low budget/quick N. All of these I did very quickly, but good enough for photos/for wear.
Right arm thing: I made it out of cardboard. If you want to do it this way, pm me and i'll help you, but if you're putting even a little more effort into it use something better/more realistic.
Left arm thing: Again, i made it out of cardboard. Just cut out square shapes and cut in the middle.
THIS IS IMPORTANT RUBIX CUBE PART RAWR PAY ATTENTION HERE:

Cube: Ok, here's the secret. Look on ebay/google for something called a VOID CUBE.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories
Peel off the stickers just like a normal rubix cube, and color it in however you wish to. You're welcome. I wish to tell every N cosplayer to just simply get one of these. Looks the closest/most realistic without having to actually break down a rubix cube. Which is kinda difficult...

As for how to get a chain around it, i just sort of winged it and put something heavy in my pocket and wrapped a small chain i got from Joann fabrics. It sorta worked.

END RUBIX CUBE PART.

Necklace i actually just had commissioned (and got for free) out of I think model magic, but it didn't hold well. I actually need help with this, as I don't know a good material that wont' just, you know, break over time like mine did.
cloud_sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
BlazingN
Overactive Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_sephiroth View Post
Cube: Ok, here's the secret. Look on ebay/google for something called a VOID CUBE.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R4...All-Categories
Peel off the stickers just like a normal rubix cube, and color it in however you wish to. You're welcome. I wish to tell every N cosplayer to just simply get one of these. Looks the closest/most realistic without having to actually break down a rubix cube. Which is kinda difficult...
So much this. Actually I won't go into detail about how I've torn 20+ heads off on youtube and other places for people calling it a rubik's cube when it technically is moreso the first iteration of a menger sponge...

Anyways. That's exactuly what I did and http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...-42-49_706.jpg is how it turned out with some valspar Key Lime semi-gloss spraypaint.

Afterwards I took some jewelry wire, cinch beads etc and after about two hours I got http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...-03-34_107.jpg To secure it to my waist I just made a loop on one end and put a clasp on the other and dangled it from my belt loop.

Necklace was actually rather easy as well... I got a styrofoam ball as a base and threw some air drying clay over it to the shape of happiness that is http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...3-12-04_80.jpg followed by some black semi-gloss spraypaint and some sharpie (paint) markers and an eyehook and string would yield me: http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...-43-53_802.jpg

For the cuff on his right hand due to my shortness on time before the debut I just ran to hot topic and grabbed me a studded bracelet, but I'm most likely going to grab a black sweat wristband and some .5"/1.5" slivers of metal and some hot glue to work on the accuracy.

and for the bracelets... Umm, let's just say don't use clay. It turns out horribly wrong. I didn't even bother spraypainting them actually.

And for the green shoes... Converse was my friend. That is all.

Also first post. :3
BlazingN is offline   Reply With Quote