Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Weekend Atlanta

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
lostchildmiroku
Zutto Rain!
 
lostchildmiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 388
Ouran High School host club

I might have haruhi and my husband be kyouya (sp?) by awa but im focused on our main cosplay right now. i'd be cool though to see the other cast too!
lostchildmiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #2
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
i'll probably be honey senpai ^^
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #3
lostchildmiroku
Zutto Rain!
 
lostchildmiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 388
awesome i cant wait to see you there!
lostchildmiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
miaka2u
In Search of a Full Moon
 
miaka2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 161
You guys should certainly try to make it to the Ouran Host Cafe. If you've been to AWA in the past, we've normally had the Host Club Challenge, but this year we are changing it up a bit:

http://www.awa-con.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13743

It's going to be very much like a really host club! <3
miaka2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
This will be my first year ever at AWA, but I will definitely be there at the cafe!! ^^ What is the Host club challenge?? O.o
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
miaka2u
In Search of a Full Moon
 
miaka2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodancer View Post
This will be my first year ever at AWA, but I will definitely be there at the cafe!! ^^ What is the Host club challenge?? O.o
The Host Club Challenge was our event in the previous years where we gathered teams for each host and played commoner games. The team with the most points won!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQLj...eature=related
This was in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7cs-TjX0QI
The Bridal Challenge in 2008 where the contestants made us wedding dresses with toilet paper. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VonBH...eature=related
A Dance competition.

If you want to search on youtube for videos there's a TON!!! XD <3
miaka2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
haha, looks like you guys had a lot of fun! i'm so excited, i'll definitely drop by your ouran cafe ^^
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
lostchildmiroku
Zutto Rain!
 
lostchildmiroku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 388
well i am really excited about this i am def. looking for the fabric for my husband and my costumes (yes my husband is kyouya (sp?) and i am cosplaying haruhi XD) i've been scopeing out patterns for the jackets and the ones i've looked at dont seem ....good enough any ideas?
lostchildmiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
well, this thread seems to have some stuff on blazer pattern ideas.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72900
i think you can pretty much find any blazer/school uniform pattern, and make small adjustments in order to make it into an ouran uniform. good luck!

i already have a uniform for my honey senpai, but i sort of feel like making the "haruhi in wonderland" version of honey senpai.....
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
bureiku08
 
Posts: n/a
I'll Be Mori

Last edited by bureiku08 : 06-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
miaka2u
In Search of a Full Moon
 
miaka2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodancer View Post
well, this thread seems to have some stuff on blazer pattern ideas.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=72900
i think you can pretty much find any blazer/school uniform pattern, and make small adjustments in order to make it into an ouran uniform. good luck!

i already have a uniform for my honey senpai, but i sort of feel like making the "haruhi in wonderland" version of honey senpai.....
Awwwww! Wonderland was one of my favorite episodes! ^_^ The twin and I wore our Wonderland versions to AWA last year and we made our Haruhi an Alice costume to go with us! Freshman trio FTW! LOL
miaka2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #12
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka2u View Post
Awwwww! Wonderland was one of my favorite episodes! ^_^ The twin and I wore our Wonderland versions to AWA last year and we made our Haruhi an Alice costume to go with us! Freshman trio FTW! LOL
Yup yup, I love the wonderland episode too!! Gotta say that the Cheshire cats are my favorite in the whole episode ^^ any chance y'all will be bringing back the wonderland costumes again this year?? I'm just about finished with my wonderland Honey senpai, and will definitely be wearing it to AWA this year
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
miaka2u
In Search of a Full Moon
 
miaka2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodancer View Post
Yup yup, I love the wonderland episode too!! Gotta say that the Cheshire cats are my favorite in the whole episode ^^ any chance y'all will be bringing back the wonderland costumes again this year?? I'm just about finished with my wonderland Honey senpai, and will definitely be wearing it to AWA this year
Unfortunately we won't be bringing those back. Our group is going to be doing military uniforms this year! If you go to the AWA page linked above there's a photo on there!!! <3 Hopefully you'll find other Wonderland outfits though! I seem to recall a set of Wonderland twins attending a few years ago.
miaka2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #14
pyrodancer
Registered User
 
pyrodancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka2u View Post
Unfortunately we won't be bringing those back. Our group is going to be doing military uniforms this year! If you go to the AWA page linked above there's a photo on there!!! <3 Hopefully you'll find other Wonderland outfits though! I seem to recall a set of Wonderland twins attending a few years ago.
oooohh, can't wait to see the military costumes, that'll be awesome! ^^ i'm debating if i wanna go to the formal ball thing... if i go, i am planning on doing ouran's last costume from ep26, of course as honey senpai ^^ i'd love to eventually have all of the costumes from every episode!!! lol
pyrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
Tensa Zangetsu
Eye of Fate
 
Tensa Zangetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 364
I could conceivably bring out Tamaki for this one, since I plan on having it by next month, just depends on what other costumes I need for other groups then. I will definitely try though!
__________________
Upcoming Cons
AWA 2013

Planned Cosplays
Anime Weekend Atlanta
Booker DeWitt - Bioshock Infinite
Minato Namikaze - Naruto
Rand al'Thor - The Wheel of Time

Tensa Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.