Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 04-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
-Edo-

Wcs 2011

Things have stabilized here in Japan somewhat. I'll start up a WCS 2011 information thread for people who have any questions leading up to the summer. Preparations are going ahead and there will be plenty of opportunities to donate to the relief effort for the Tohoku region. You can donate through the WCS top page link that goes here or if you aren't in Japan then it might be more efficient to donate directly to your national Red Cross. You can also send a photo message to the Prayers from Cosplayers site here.

The big events are the Osu Parade on the Saturday which will be August 6th and the Cosplay Stage Performances which is on the Sunday August 7th in Nagoya. I don't have exact times right now but I will update this thread as we go.

The parade sign up usually goes pretty quick and it can be tough to work out for non Japanese speakers so what I'll do is make a list of people who would like to join and I'll do the sign up for you. I'll add names to this top post as we go, if you can't make it just post in the thread and I'll remove your name no time restrictions or anything there.

Its a lot of fun, all events are free and its OK to cosplay in public spaces so if you can make it out let me know and I'll see what I can do to help!

The offer is open to anyone, anywhere who has a cosplay.com account as cosplay.com has supported the event.

Osu Parade Registration (15 person limit)
Gixxer
Tenshi0080
mixaka
RookBartly
CelestialShadow
Tsumanne

Last edited by -Edo- : 07-10-2011 at 10:29 AM.
-Edo- is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
gixxer

*raise hand* ME ME ME ME !!!
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
Tenshi0080
SuperSentaiHero

haha I'm there.....
Hyakkiyakou wo buttagiru!! Slash the crime wave!" Hitotsu! Hidou na Akuji o Nikumi! One! Hating the Inhuman Evil! Seigi wa Katsu! Justice Will Win! Hyakkiyakou wa Buttagiru! Jigoku no Banken! Deka Masutā! Cutting down hundreds of evil doers! Hell's Guard Dog! Deka Master!"
Tenshi0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
mixaka
Granter of wishes

I would like to participate this year, but it will depend on when it's going to happen. Looks like they should be announcing dates next week.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #5
-Edo-

Tenshi0080 - you got a ticket to the parade

mixaka - Oh, I thought it was up on the page already, well lets wait for that and I'll add you in the original post.

Last edited by -Edo- : 05-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Unread 05-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

My friend Zoe and I would like to sign up for the parade, possibly a third person, not sure about them yet.
For cosplay at the event, is it acceptable to cosplay things like Tomb Raider? This is my first experience with any international cosplay event and I don't want to look like an idiot cosplaying a movie/game if that's not really an accepted thing.

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
gixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamKitty View Post
For cosplay at the event, is it acceptable to cosplay things like Tomb Raider? This is my first experience with any international cosplay event and I don't want to look like an idiot cosplaying a movie/game if that's not really an accepted thing.
my first cosplay in japan is from an american game .. Lara Croft should be ok. i think..
Unread 05-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
my first cosplay in japan is from an american game .. Lara Croft should be ok. i think..
Yeah, that's fine Dreamkitty, the parade on Saturday is whatever goes and during the championship on Sunday people are cosplaying all over the Oasis 21 complex in Sakae, Nagoya - Lara Croft is no problem there either.

I'll add you and Zoe to the list and when your third friend confirms just add an entry to this thread.
Unread 05-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
gixxer

Edo, are we allowed to cosplay at the WCS as well ?
Unread 05-10-2011, 04:39 AM   #10
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
Edo, are we allowed to cosplay at the WCS as well ?
Of course! The participants in the parade on Saturday August 6th are all in costume(last year was about 500 people), August 7th during the Stage performances and before that you can cosplay throughout the Oasis 21 complex and there is something new this year on August 8th called the Sweet Castle cosplay event.

It looks to be in Inuyama, a little outside of Nagoya but looking at the pictures it would make for a great backdrop depending on the costume.

Last edited by -Edo- : 05-10-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Unread 05-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #11
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Okay! I'm pretty sure I can make to this. Sign me up for the parade please. That Castle event is looking pretty good too!
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

Awesome, thanks for adding us! We both really appreciate it. Totally stoked for this event. I never thought I'd actually get a chance to go!

Unread 05-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #13
-Edo-

mixaka - yah, it does look like a good venue, I'll see what other information comes up and add it here

DreamKitty - sure, if you have other friends who would like to go just leave a message in the thread
Unread 05-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

Ok, I definitely will! Yeah, we're trying to form a group of people that want to go from our work right now, a few people have expressed interest but nothing definite yet.

Unread 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
gixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Edo- View Post
Of course! The participants in the parade on Saturday August 6th are all in costume(last year was about 500 people), August 7th during the Stage performances and before that you can cosplay throughout the Oasis 21 complex and there is something new this year on August 8th called the Sweet Castle cosplay event.

It looks to be in Inuyama, a little outside of Nagoya but looking at the pictures it would make for a great backdrop depending on the costume.
owh man ... sounds great but i need to leave to tokyo on monday !