Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Unread 04-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
Badass_Badger

"Officially licensed" RE5 BSAA tactical shirt review

Hey all, this thread is about a piece that I purchased online from an airsoft company in Japan, and it is a replica of Chris Redfield's tactical shirt he is seen wearing throughout RE5. I just received it today and was extremely excited to see how it would fit. Apparently it was the last Medium in stock so I was not hesitant at all to pick it up.

First off, I want to say that this shirt is a piece from some officially licensed line of airsoft clothing and accessories in Japan which has other replicas, such as Leon's leather jacket, for sale. They re somewhat pricey and pretty damn hard to find, but I thought "eh, ive grown up on this damned series, might as well get something to show my love for it".

The shirt itself is pretty decent quality. I mean, it is just a freakin shirt. BUT they did a decent job combining "tactical" fabrics in with cotton, and it is quite stretchy too. It's extremely comfortable and slim fit, which is a good thing if you want your waist to maybe look smaller and your biceps to look bigger than your HEAD (kidding). But lets face it, Capcom took the slim little chris we knew in previous games, gave him a thing of HGH growth hormones, and voila, he's got a physique made for punching boulders. So really, a loose fitting version of the shirt would have just pissed me off, so I am really happy about that.

The BSAA logos are printed on, and not patches. I guess that's alright because I am indifferent, but I am sure some of you would rather have a patch.

The collar and zipper are well executed i think, and fits my neck just about right (though i noticed in the photos it looks kinda funny, not the case). NO turtleneck shirt here.

Considering I am wearing my Chris Redfield outfit to Dragon*Con '11, i'd say getting sweaty won't be at all a problem since this has perforated fabric on some parts, allowing it to be well aerated... then again it is atlanta...

Anyway, check out the pics of the shirt (as well as my feeble attempts at trying to look muscular) here:
pics

Keep checking up on my costume progress throughout the rest of spring and into the summer!

Thanks,
Badger

Last edited by Badass_Badger : 04-27-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Badass_Badger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
Kayobreaker
Registered Zombie Killer

dude that looks pretty awesome better than mine haha
Fanime 2011
Anime Expo 2011

Future Cosplays:
Tidus-FFX
The Executioner -ACB
Ermac - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Mandolorian - Star Wars
Kayobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
p8ntballsniper8
Whaddya buyin?

By the gods of zombies... where did you find that man?

Cons attending -

Sakuracon 2014-Donezo!
EverFree Northwest 2014
p8ntballsniper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
gcnkirby
too lazy to maintain this

Where to cop that shirt? *- *;
gcnkirby is offline   Reply With Quote