Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
DistantDreamerX

Lugia Gijinka - help, please?

so, for Animazement '11, i'm cosplaying Lugia one of the days. i'm not entirely sure how i'd make the costume however

this is what i want it to look similar to:

http://evetheespeon.deviantart.com/f...46747#/d2p4f0a

so, what i really need help on is:
making the tail (and attaching it without the belt or whatever i use being noticeable)
making the weird spike things on the back (and having them fan out and stay in place, similar to Lugia)
the wing/hand things, and the feet

also, for the back spikes, if anyone has any suggestions for making them rise and fall (flat against my back or something) that be awesome if you'd let me know =)
i really really want to cosplay this character at Animazement, and that's not far off, so i really appreciate any responses =)
DistantDreamerX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
Pardalis

For making the spikes rise and fall I suggest fishing line rigged somewhere were they aren't too notice able. Maybe through a hole in the top and then maybe add a choker of some kind so they shift when you move your head. I saw someone who did that with a Persian tail to keep it perked up. Worked really well and you couldn't even tell it was there.

I think you could make the spikes out of craft foam sheets or a clay of some kind, sadly I couldn't say as I'm not familiar.

Looking at them and bottoms look pretty easy, take a pair of white pants, just them to the right length then add a button on them and the top and attack with the extra fabric from what you cut them from. If that seems it will get to hot cut just enough so they are just covered by the feet and sew them together. For the feet cut them out of foam boards or sheets, Though if you use the sheets you will need something so they keep their shape. Then put one on top and bottom on your shoe so they basically make a point, glue them together and find while leggings or maybe a pair of LONG smooth socks to pull over them the pants or like I said just sew the pants to the top. Elastic on that joint would also be good to avoid sagging and slipping.

That's all I got. XDD

Last edited by Pardalis : 04-29-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Pardalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
DistantDreamerX

thanks very much, Pardalis! =] i really appreciate it, that all should work well. hopefully i'll hae enough time to make everything before the convention =o
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
Pardalis

No problem. glad I was actually of some help. :]
I know the feeling, I was planning to have my cosplay done 2 months before the con I first wore it too but then I was buried in work and had limited time to work on it, now I'm making major adjustment to it. Cause there was a lot I wasn't happy with.

I'd love to see it when you are finished!
Pardalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
DistantDreamerX

haha, you were. and i'm glad i'm not the only one to have done this, but i hope you get yours finished too!

and yeah, i'll put pictures of it up here probably a few days after Animazement ends =]