Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #136
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I'm probably going to change my mind the year before about my Snow Queen costume but I'm so down for making my original steampunk for this. It will included feathers and thus will be expensive.
Now it's only 923!

LOL, But seriously. I'm the same. I had the PERFECTidea, complete with bold and italiced font until, oh, a few weeks ago. Then, after walking around the internet for ideas, I'm on the fence if I want to make the original one, something else or both. At this rate I'm going to need that steamer chest in the basement to carry them all, or a straight jacket to prevent me from going crazy.

Meh, it will be worth it.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #137
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

It still to far away to commit to something because knowing me I'll scrap my plans in favor of something new that catches my eye. lol

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #138
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Post CC 32 Memberships for sale this weekend at SFContario

Want to buy your Costume-Con 32 membership in person? Stop by and see us at our table at SFContario this weekend SATURDAY and SUNDAY. We look forward to seeing you.
Kaijugal & Sarcasm-Hime.

SFCONTARIO
http://2011.sfcontario.ca/site/
Ramada Plaza Toronto Hotel
300 Jarvis Street
Toronto, Ontario

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #139
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Just wondering, when do we (or do we at all?) get some kind of confirmation form or such for our pre-reg? Mine got sent through and apparently processed quite some time ago and I'm surprised I haven't gotten anything back like the forms they have you print off at other cons to pick up your badges.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #140
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Just wondering, when do we (or do we at all?) get some kind of confirmation form or such for our pre-reg? Mine got sent through and apparently processed quite some time ago and I'm surprised I haven't gotten anything back like the forms they have you print off at other cons to pick up your badges.
I sent you a PM about this, there was no email address listed on your form.
Most people buy their memberships in person so they get a receipt from us in person. We check all attendees against our registration database.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
www.costumecon32.com
Unread 11-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #141
Aaridys
Invisible User

This absolutely awesome news!

For the costume expo, I'd be willing to lend the Star Wars headresses I made a few years back for Amidala and Apailana. Or maybe I'll just wear them!
Unread 11-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #142
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaridys View Post
This absolutely awesome news!

For the costume expo, I'd be willing to lend the Star Wars headresses I made a few years back for Amidala and Apailana. Or maybe I'll just wear them!

Very cool, thank you so much.
I look forward to seeing you.

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 01-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #143
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Prices will be going up soon! January 31 is the deadline, so if you want to get your membership at the cheapest price then act fast!

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #144
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask, but I have questions about whether a costume I have planned would qualify for the CC historical masquerade.
The character is a media recreation, but I wanted to make parts of it using techniques/designs appropriate to the era. But my plans also include using foam for props, vinyl instead of leather, acrylic instead of wool, etc. because that's what I know (and what's in my budget LOL). I'm just not sure that the selective historical elements I want to incorporate are enough to make it a "Historical Interpretation" costume.

Any advice, or suggestions for a better place to ask about how much history is required to be "historical"?
Unread 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #145
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

*cheesy victory pose* Just mailed out our registration forms today. Go, Canada Post, Go. Find your P.O. Box! Complete with a parental comment of: "When is this con? And you're registering now?" All is well.

I think I've might have even narrowed down two of the potential costumes to make for Costume-Con. Now, I wonder if we can claim fabric as a tax deduction based on...cultural investments. Yes, let's go with that.

826 days left, comrades. And still oh, so, excited.

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #146
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

From the Costume-Con 32 Historical Masquerade Director:

"Thanks for asking. I'd have no problem accepting such an entry under Historical Interpretation. Very little history is needed. If it's an interpretation of a historical media costume; that's fine. It sounds like there are too many departures to fit under Historical Dress; documentation needs to explain what the departures were and why the entrant made them. "

I hope this is helpful. Basically it is acceptable, and you just need to include why you made substitutions in your documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post
I'm not sure this is the best place to ask, but I have questions about whether a costume I have planned would qualify for the CC historical masquerade.
The character is a media recreation, but I wanted to make parts of it using techniques/designs appropriate to the era. But my plans also include using foam for props, vinyl instead of leather, acrylic instead of wool, etc. because that's what I know (and what's in my budget LOL). I'm just not sure that the selective historical elements I want to incorporate are enough to make it a "Historical Interpretation" costume.

Any advice, or suggestions for a better place to ask about how much history is required to be "historical"?

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #147
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal View Post
I sent you a PM about this, there was no email address listed on your form.
Most people buy their memberships in person so they get a receipt from us in person. We check all attendees against our registration database.
Late as hell response, but does that mean if I preregged by mail, I won't get any kind of receipt or confirmation to bring with me to the con?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #148
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal View Post

From the Costume-Con 32 Historical Masquerade Director:

"Thanks for asking. I'd have no problem accepting such an entry under Historical Interpretation. Very little history is needed. If it's an interpretation of a historical media costume; that's fine. It sounds like there are too many departures to fit under Historical Dress; documentation needs to explain what the departures were and why the entrant made them. "

I hope this is helpful. Basically it is acceptable, and you just need to include why you made substitutions in your documentation.
Thanks for your response. I'm still on the fence - the more research I do, the more changes it looks like I'll have to make in order to justify even "loosely based on history". It's good to know that my idea might not be totally out of the question though!
Unread 01-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #149
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

NEW GROUP DISCOUNT: Buy three, get one free! All four memberships must be submitted and paid for at the same time to be eligible; you can send in the forms by mail, or Paypal in one lump sum with everybody's information attached. Get your friends organized and start planning for awesome CC32 fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Late as hell response, but does that mean if I preregged by mail, I won't get any kind of receipt or confirmation to bring with me to the con?
I can mail you a receipt if you like, or you can just bring your ID as we'll have your name and info on file.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #150
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
NEW GROUP DISCOUNT: Buy three, get one free! All four memberships must be submitted and paid for at the same time to be eligible; you can send in the forms by mail, or Paypal in one lump sum with everybody's information attached. Get your friends organized and start planning for awesome CC32 fun!

I can mail you a receipt if you like, or you can just bring your ID as we'll have your name and info on file.
That would be awesome; I'm pretty sure I can safely hold onto it for about two years... but yah. I just want to make sure I haven't essentially spent $65 on an event I'm either going to forget about (unlikely, but that far away, it's possible) or not be able to go to.