Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #316
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm getting excite to do some shopping on the 21st of September for fabric Souryuu.

I finally order a new dress form from Overstock.com for a Dritz 'My Double Deluxe' Medium Dress Form. *_* came to $248.52CAN with shipping duty and a email only discount.

I also have a question. Could this design be classified under historical interpretation.
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...800_full.pn g
Gothic Lolita is like Victorian child's wear for adults. lol

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 08-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #317
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

To submit that under historical interpretation you'd probably need to do some research to indicate what specific era and style it's interpreting FROM. Like you'd need to find Victorian examples to show where it's drawing from, concretely rather than just 'it looks kinda Victorian fantasy'.

Plus...if you're recreating a specific design from media then it's kind of iffy to be historical interpretation IMO. If you want you can email the costumecon32@gmail.com address and I'll forward your query to the Historical Masq director.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #318
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
Plus...if you're recreating a specific design from media then it's kind of iffy to be historical interpretation IMO. If you want you can email the costumecon32@gmail.com address and I'll forward your query to the Historical Masq director.
Though this wasn't directed to me, I'll be sending an email re. the historical masq to clarify media/recreation issues shortly myself.
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #319
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

That ok I've dropped her for instead Regina again after finally getting some hi res images to swork from. *_* They made her dress with pre-fabricated appliques on repeat. I have a lot of beading/sequinsing to recreate but now I know what patterns to look for as black appliques with silver czech/beading/sequins. (Which is why I finish my Nehelenia NOW. lol)

That said I'm think she falls much better in the A. Myths and Legends or C. Historical Interpretation category for the Historical Masquerade.
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...-2355-3143.jpg

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 09-09-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #320
Celiaskyleaf
Skyleaf Creations

Well I have gotten as far as putting all the possibilities into one album...LOL can't decide what ones to do Costume Con 32-Monster, Myth and Legends Possiblities

Anime North 2013
Friday: Me: Undertaker, Wonderland Version-Black Butler, Leslie: Lizzy, Black Butler
Saturday: Me: Farfarello (Straight Jacket)- Weiss Kreuz, Leslie: Neu - Weiss Kreuz
Sunday : Me: C.C.,Past Life Dress - Code Geass, Leslie: Nunnally - Pink Ball Gown - Code Geass
Celiaskyleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #321
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I went to King Textiles today. I think I came. AND found all the fabrics for Luna (not buying today, but now I know where I can get them).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #322
Sinfang

Unbelievable. A 4-day con that looks to offer (from looking at past schedules) every workshop I've ever wanted.

Except It's a 4-day con that's going to take a sizable chunk out of my wallet. And it's just going to get more expensive before an actual schedule is put up.

Somebody, please tell me your been to one of these before an can give me idea of what to expect.
Sinfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #323
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Celiaskyleaf I would totally do Medusa - Kid Icarus: Uprising if you have the paitent to wear body paint and want to cast the snakes in foam latex. Make two mouls one with gaw open and one with jaw closed. You might even snakes that are the right size/ shape right now in Halloween stores.

A bit of inspiration.
http://yurai-cosplay.deviantart.com/...dusa-299723394

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 09-09-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Unread 09-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #324
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Finally bought Luna's dress materials. Minus the zipper, since I'm not sure yet what length I need and last time I followed the pattern it was way too long. And silver thread because I was pretty sure I had some at home. Just need silver satin ribbon trim for the skirt hem, a fancy silver-coloured moon pendant, and some silver/grey beads, to have everything I need. Hmm, I suppose I may need to get some serging thread for the organza, but I MIGHT be able to sew that by hand or machine.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #325
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfang View Post
Unbelievable. A 4-day con that looks to offer (from looking at past schedules) every workshop I've ever wanted.

Except It's a 4-day con that's going to take a sizable chunk out of my wallet. And it's just going to get more expensive before an actual schedule is put up.

Somebody, please tell me your been to one of these before an can give me idea of what to expect.
I've been going every year for the past 6 years. It's usually smaller than your average anime con, but it's really dense with programming. There will be multiple panels/workshops that you want to go to, scheduled opposite each other. However there is never anything scheduled opposite the masquerades, of course.

Honestly it's just really awesome for meeting other hardcore costumers, ogling everybody's awesome stuff, learning new things and just hanging out and having fun. Things get pretty stressful around the masquerades, of course, because almost everybody is in at least one of them. LOL

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #326
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I manage to only snag 30% of the items I needed this weekend.

Souryuu
light blue Charmuese for main robe (14)
Lining fabric. (14)
yard of chiness silk (for obi deep blue and gold)
4 yards of ploy chiness "silk" (royal blue white)
Clear Cabochon
Blue clear pearls
White feathers
silver and red silk cord
wood dowels
craft foam
Gold 3D paint

Regina
Czech beads
silver string (45yard roll)
Tassels /beads
Black lace applicaites (8 different pairs)
2 Roll of silver 3mm sequins.
flat back pearls
Rhinestone
Rhombus Shape Crystal beads
6 knot closures
1 yard wine Taffeta

I still need order ton more in fabric!!!
7 yards of Plisse Single Knit Navy
12 yards of blurple (blue/purple) Brocade (purple and silver fabric paint if i can't get the fabric i want)
8, 4, 4, and 2, yards of chicness brocade (to make trim and panel)
14 of white fabric for under slip and white belts.
1 yard of royal blue satin
8 yards of Chiffon in Light Blue (for floating scarf)

But what I have is enough to get started.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 09-24-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #327
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Got to draw up my master must (woo, industry terminology. Started my first year of fashion school) for Luna, prewash the fabric, and I'll cut it this weekend... and figure out if I need to go out and buy a walking foot for the sewing machine. I COULD just use the school's lab but there's only one, and why haul all the fabric there if I can do it at home?
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #328
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'd thought I'd ask this here. Doe any one know what events are happening on what day. The historical masquerade is the only one to have a time listed on the costume con 32 website.

I would assume that the Fantasy & Sci-Fi Masquerade fall on the Saturday then.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #329
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Change of plan, I don't think I have the budget anymore to do Caterina in just 7 months, so I will be doing Vlad Dracula (Hellsing version) for the regular masquerade.
Does anyone know where I can get black EVA foam rolls for cheap?
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #330
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Mostly online but the thinner stuff you can get a roll for $10 at Michael's.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.