Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #361
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

A reminder about booking in the Convention Room Block :

*** The room block for Costume-Con 32 is now open! *** Click here to book your room using our discount code!

*Note* If you are arriving Thursday 2014-04-24 (or before) and staying over Monday 2014-04-28 (or later) you can select “CLUB FLOOR”.
As per our contract there is no additional charge for the club floors! — If you have already booked your room, please move it to our room block CCD24A.

HOTEL BOOKING FAQ:
1) No, it’s not a mistake that you cannot book a smoking room. The hotel is a smoke free facility.

2) When using the online booking system at: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/CCD24A please book one room at a time as the system will not allow you to book multiple rooms at once.

3) If you wish to call the hotel to book directly, please first call 1-866-932-7058 first before calling the hotel directly. If you book by phone, please make sure to mention Costume-Con 32 or our code CCD24A.

4) Are there pull out couches in the King Clubs? No there are not, but you can get rollaway beds.

5) Booking in our room block helps the convention afford function space and keeps membership rates down.

6) We strongly recommend checking in no later than Thursday night, and checking out no earlier than Monday Night or Tuesday Morning. There is a lot of programming on Sunday, including the Future Fashion Show during the day, the Historical Masquerade in the evening, and parties later at night. There is also programming on Monday morning and afternoon.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #362
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I'm having/had issues with the same thing. I can't remember where I read it, but I do recall the simplest explanation being that if you have to explain what makes it an "interpretation" (i.e. the liberties you are taking are not reasonably noticeable) then it should fall under the historical dress category.

Yes, you would enter under the "Historical Interpretation" category.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
www.costumecon32.com
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #363
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

If anybody did not receive a link to the Future Fashion Folio it is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tnfv8h2hiw5ceyg/CjfiANO0Ja

Don't forget to notify the director if you are planning on producing one of the designs for the show!

In order to assist the director in planning the show, please reserve your place by emailing the showcase director Ricky Dick at gravelymac@yahoo.com no later than April 26th, 2014 with your name and the title/number of the design you are creating. If for any reason you do not believe that you will be able to present the design you’ve indicated, please let the showcase director know as soon as possible so that adjustments can be made.

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #364
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Programmig Survey and other CC32 news

Hello all! Sorry 4 post/responses in one day!

For those of you who do not know, there is a permanent Costume-Con conventions thread here at Cosplay.com.

We have posted a link to a Programming survey there. Please take a minute or two to give us your thoughts Thank you!

Forum --- http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Survey --- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/121T..._k50A/viewform

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #365
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Alrighty I started a rooms and ride request page here. I still have two spots!
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=335897

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 01-29-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #366
siyrean

Just found out that my friends from Chicago are coming up for this instead of AN (the boyfriends not really into anime but likes to make stuff). I'm so excited as it's the first time they're visiting me when i've been going there around twice a year for 6 years ever since we met at Harry Potter conventions.

oh, now i've got to plan us a group costume... so many things to do *squee!*

Edit:
Ugh, looks like rooms are sold out. Guess they're not coming :/

What's the next closest hotel? is it the Marriot? Do you guys have an overflow hotel worked out?

second edit: seems the Crown plaza is significantly cheaper (starting@$98), i've never stayed there, but considering most of us are used to the hotel walks of anime north, i figure Crown to Sheridan won't be too bad.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver. Emma Swan OUaT, Queen of Mars Archer
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

Last edited by siyrean : 01-14-2014 at 02:06 AM.
siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #367
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Crown plaza not to bad it's a longer walk to the TCC then the Sheridan but it not a bad walk to the Sheridan from the Crown Plaza.

I have not stayed their since they renovated but it was nice there.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #368
mikcy
subject zero

Arghh I looked at the Future Fashion Folio designs and there's one that I really want to make. Is anyone doing it? I'm starting to plan it out. >_> I think it would be fun to take part in a con for once! I normally just hide away from all the events.

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #369
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Exclamation Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyrean View Post
Just found out that my friends from Chicago are coming up for this instead of AN (the boyfriends not really into anime but likes to make stuff). I'm so excited as it's the first time they're visiting me when i've been going there around twice a year for 6 years ever since we met at Harry Potter conventions.

oh, now i've got to plan us a group costume... so many things to do *squee!*

Edit:
Ugh, looks like rooms are sold out. Guess they're not coming :/

What's the next closest hotel? is it the Marriot? Do you guys have an overflow hotel worked out?

second edit: seems the Crown plaza is significantly cheaper (starting@$98), i've never stayed there, but considering most of us are used to the hotel walks of anime north, i figure Crown to Sheridan won't be too bad.

Marriot is close, 5-10 minute walk depending on how fast you walk. The Quality Inn across the street is available too, and it's $70 a night per suite on expedia while they last! (Tell your Chicago friends!)

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 01-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #370
siyrean

Thank you! my "guess they're not coming" was a knee jerk pissed off moment, i calmed down with my edit. I looked up Quality suites, and managed to find it for only $53 a night, so for that much, we're willing to put up with the walk. We're just going to cross our fingers for good weather.

edit: Just bought over $100 of PVC fabric, time to start sewing in ernest.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver. Emma Swan OUaT, Queen of Mars Archer
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

Last edited by siyrean : 01-30-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 02-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #371
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I just finished making my bling mic prop for Katy Perry and I am genuinely worried that the sparkle that all the rhinestones give off is going to put someone's eye out. Then again, if ANY part of this costume ends up subtle I'm doing it wrong. It basically needs to look like the Valentine's Day section at Target had a baby with the Bejewelled game and then their baby threw up on me.

Next steps are getting used to my shoes and get the tulle for the skirt. @_@

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #372
EmpressofSquee
Random Squee Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukebox View Post
I just finished making my bling mic prop for Katy Perry and I am genuinely worried that the sparkle that all the rhinestones give off is going to put someone's eye out. Then again, if ANY part of this costume ends up subtle I'm doing it wrong. It basically needs to look like the Valentine's Day section at Target had a baby with the Bejewelled game and then their baby threw up on me.
I approve of this. All. The. This. I also personally volunteer to test the eye-out-putting capacity of this outfit. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make in the name of bling.

I'm kind of happy with the progress I've made with my corset... too bad I'm still about a week behind where I want to be with my preparations and STILL have another dress to make for a friend. I won't ask how many days are left because I may just curl up into a ball in the corner. I've had almost two years to work on this costume... so WHY am I down to the wire again??? *flails*

Cosplay 2013:

Anime North: Princess!Dory (Finding Nemo), Mrs. Brisby (Secret of NIMH, the hubby is doing Nicodemus!)
Otakuthon: TBD

Costume Con 32 Super-special-awesome-chocolatey-coated-secret cosplay!
EmpressofSquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #373
siyrean

I spilled coffee on my laptop and fried it. Needless to say I've gotten more done on my penguindrum this past week than in the past two months. Starting to think I may have time to squeeze another project in.

Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

Unread 02-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #374
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Luna's done in time for Con-G, and when I get back, full steam ahead on Quorra!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #375
siyrean

My friend is one of the many working on an Elsa cosplay. Now I wanna do Tangled so we can have a theme going, but I'm not sure I can do justice to one and finish my penguindrum at the same time. I'm sure i'll have extra time with one of them, but two may be pushing it. I could save it for a later con, but &^^**)08&%&constumecon. you know?

Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon: