Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 05-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
Jothalion

Things you wish you had not thrown away...

A friend of mine was saying the other day how she wished she had kept her school uniform when she finished school, rather than just throwing it out.

It was perfect apparently for some cosplay she wants to do.

So what have you thrown out that you now wish you hadn't at the time?

For me personally it was my toy guns, back when guns were allowed to be made of metal and look like guns, so wish I had them all now.
Jothalion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
daylight
Sugar Junkie

hmmm I can't think of anything at the moment but I remember I had a friend with a broken PSP that he thought couldn't be fixed, broken D-pad, cracked screen, He had dropped it on the concrete in the rain.

I got my PSP quite awhile after he did, and when I was looking for screen protectors on Ebay I looked into a Replacement D-pad and a new screen and was able to find everything he would have needed to fix it for under $20
I called and told him, and he said he threw it away when he moved last week

sucks.
Unread 05-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #3
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Last year, I threw a pile of yellow fabric away, saying "I'm NEVER going to need YELLOW, of all colours!"

Yeah... and now, the costume I've decided to make next is yellow. >_< I've just had to fork out a fortune on replacement fabric.
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
ubercaledor
That guy over there

I'm a hoarder... I've never thrown anything out, but I don't think I've needed any of it, ever... go figure.
ubercaledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
RaziusChoji

yeah i wish i dident throw out somethings like cards worth like 100 each i was like dam lol.
RaziusChoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Cichlid
Procrastinating

I managed to accidentally throw away an entire costume of mine. It was all made by hand too (my sewing machine was broken at the time and wasn't fixed until much later).

I think that I almost cried when I found out what I did.
Cichlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #7
han-Vu
I know Oyashiro-sama..

The original model Xbox 360 I guess. It got the red ring of death 3 times so after the third I was just going to open it up & try fixing myself. Waiting for the tool shop to stock the specific torx screw needed. Took ages & gave up on waiting.

Sold the Xbox for $50 to someone else who I later heard from somewhere else that he fixed it up. With just heatsink thermal compound.... I have some of that stuff still from maintenance on my PC.
han-Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
sephygoth
Hater lover

I realized just before that horrid burn 2 weeks ago, that I had to remake another mold for those nice smooth horns...I threw away the old mold for thinking it didn't cast smooth enough....I think by yanking the one's I'm USING off Astaroth's head, I was punished yet again XD

add on, joke/punishment is on her, the remold of the cast itself just sits there as I can't actually do molding/casting for a bit ^^
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #9
Graceh

These days I am usually a Hoarder for things like fabric or possible craft ideas, so I try not throw away things that have potential. When My mother passed, we were left with all her craft stuff, sewwing machine, fabric, paints, clay, you name it, she had it. I was only 5 at the time so I didnt really notice, but my father was going through a state of depression got rid of near everything... We're paying for it now, seeing that I have my own business thats revolves around craft. Darn (:
- Youmu Konpaku - Tekken: Blood Vengeance - PAX
- Ibuki - Street Fighter - Shadowloo & Armageddon

Facebook cosplay page ~
Graceh is offline   Reply With Quote