Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Critique

Unread 05-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Pattayacosplay
PattayaCosplay

Pattaya Thailand Urban Cosplay

http://reflectionsonthenewparadigm.b...del-shoot.html

Last edited by Pattayacosplay : 07-13-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Pattayacosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
parv

Could you post the direct links to photos for which you want the critique?
parv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
Pattayacosplay
PattayaCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by parv View Post
Could you post the direct links to photos for which you want the critique?
I did this photoshoot the other day ... no reflector or tripod ... so issues abound ... happy for you to take a look, and post a comments, and ideas here or on flickr, and post some links to good model poses I might use next time, next up maybe nurse from Silent Hill:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drchris...7626636419344/
Unread 05-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
brucer007
Bruce Heinsius

The colors of her costumes have nice vibrance to go with the graffiti. Your wide angle lens is often used to good effect, but that seems random. Sometimes your low angles nicely made her legs love, but other times your high angle made her legs look unattractively short and stubby. Sometimes the compositions are very nice and professionally done, but you often crop her arms and legs out of the picture in awkward ways, like she has been amputated. The natural lighting you found looks very nice and soft for flattering portraits. You picked an interesting looking model with good muscle tone. She has a nice body and looks good in the costumes. I would like to see her nice figure more in a two-piece bikini type costume.
brucer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
parv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattayacosplay View Post
sorry, I keep trying to post, but my posts keep disappearing into the void.....
My strong speculation is that the more links are in a post, the more the chances it won't appear sooner, if ever, due to some (draconian) moderation rules. For example, I had submitted a reply about getting used gear from three known, reliable USA stores with respective URLs around Apr 20-22; that hasn't materialized yet. OTOH, other replies sent in May are there with zero or one URL.
parv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Pattayacosplay
PattayaCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucer007 View Post
I would like to see her nice figure more in a two-piece bikini type costume.
I agree with both + & - my lack of equipment, and a third person with reflector a big issue ... Re: swim suit: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2922972/big/

... enjoy, before it's removed ;0)
Unread 05-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #7
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattayacosplay View Post
I did this photoshoot the other day ... no reflector or tripod ... so issues abound ... happy for you to take a look, and post a comments, and ideas here or on flickr, and post some links to good model poses I might use next time, next up maybe nurse from Silent Hill:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/drchris...7626636419344/
I'm a bit unsure what you're asking here. This forum is for photo critiquing which basically means you post a specific photo or photos or a link to specific photo(s) you would like critiqued. Posting links to Flickr sets and asking for comments hardly fits the intent of this forum.
Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #8
Pattayacosplay
PattayaCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfsama View Post
I'm a bit unsure what you're asking here. This forum is for photo critiquing which basically means you post a specific photo or photos or a link to specific photo(s) you would like critiqued. Posting links to Flickr sets and asking for comments hardly fits the intent of this forum.
@Surfsama, Sorry to have thrown a firework in the box and blown the sides off, it was not my intention ... intent being subjective. Nevertheless, yours has been noted, sir. ;0)