Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 08-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
Moondemon

Well right now I am starting a spamming campaign on facebook having as many people send her a message as I can find she can't ban everyone that messages her.
Moondemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #17
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondemon View Post
I have a very bad update to this story. I did manage to get a hold of her on facebook after sending many messages. she gave me a million and one excuses and I told her just to send me what she has done and the material so I can have someone else finish it. Well after 3 months to the day of this back and forth BS she BLOCKED ME on facebook!!!!!!!! So I need some opinions. I was able to find her address and phone number online through some basic searching also the names of all her family members (kind of scary what I was finding in a simple google search. Be careful what you post kids). Should I try to call her? Should I try to talk to one of her parents? Technically her paypal account was under her mom's name. Any ideas?
Do you know how old she is? Are you able to find out if the phone number is a personal cell or a landline to her house where she lives at home? If you know this information, contacting the person on the PayPal account would be the best bet. PayPal will not give you this information unless your lawyer writes for it or you subpoena it. I would address the person on the PayPal account and let them know what is going on and that legal action will be taken if the amount due to you is not paid back. It may be harsh, but Sutie needs to learn a hard lesson in life. Being a thief will come back to bite you in the butt. Taking a more drastic approach is probably the best way to go at this point. However, do not press too hard or you may be accused of harassment...which if you go to court, should be dropped anyways since she owes you money. Just try to be professional in any manner you choose to take. If you aren't sure whether the phone number is connected to the PayPal account name and is actually her mom or whatnot, I probably wouldn't call. If it's Sutie's personal number, she'll just end up blocking you there too.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 08-07-2011 at 07:38 PM.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Well right now I am starting a spamming campaign on facebook having as many people send her a message as I can find she can't ban everyone that messages her.
I don't suggest that...especially if you intend to take further action. Plus, FaceBook can easily take it down.
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #19
Moondemon

Dragging the courts into this is just going to cost more money then what she owes me. Doesn't help that she lives on the opposite side of the US of me. She is in her 20's. I would have to double check on the phone number to see if it is a land line of a cell phone. I am just so frustrated that I am out $137 and there isn't anything I can do about it short from flying out to Utah and knocking on her door.
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #20
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I understand completely. Been there, am there again. Sadly, if you aren't going to take it to court, there isn't much else to be done if you've tried PayPal and your bank or credit card company. I hate to say you're going to just have to bite the bullet because I typically refuse to. Depending how late in the game it is though, if court is out of the question...you're pretty much out of luck I think. Stalking her and harassing her won't get you anywhere, but a restraining order, lol. I'm all for messaging and whatnot, but not sure what your next step could be if she's now ignoring you, sadly. Seems like everyone is starting to scam all of a sudden, even commissioners with a decent reputation.
Unread 08-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #21
Moondemon

Well a miracle happened. When I got up and checked DA she had sent me a message saying that she had sent out my stuff a few days ago. Either she is lying to shut me up or I will be receiving my stuff in soon.
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #22
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Well a miracle happened. When I got up and checked DA she had sent me a message saying that she had sent out my stuff a few days ago. Either she is lying to shut me up or I will be receiving my stuff in soon.
How everything works out!!
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 12:36 AM   #23
quizbowler

Good to hear. If you get anything from her please let me know. I still cannot get a response out of her. Also, if you can PM me her DeviantArt so I can message her on there as well that would be appreciated.
Junpei Iori (60%)
quizbowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #24
Sirius-chan
Sintra Lover =3

Well she still owe me some stuff too. =/ after we got my money she didn't even tell me she recieved it until I messaged her about it. Should hve known something was wrong then.

Tsubaki: Blazblue

Maya: Persona 2

Cons:

Dragon*COn
AWA
Momo
Sirius-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #25
Moondemon

So here is my update she did send out my package she couldn't get a tracking number (she says) so she sent me a billing a number which I can't track on their website. So when I don't get anything in another week or 2 the messages will start back up again. The key to dealing with Sutie seems to be never to give up and keep sending her messages letting her know you will not go away easily.
Unread 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #26
sarahewell
Sarah Ewell

I sincerely hope you get your items. Please keep us updated.

~Sarah
sarahewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #27
Moondemon

Here is an update. I just received a box full of material that she bought to make my costume. Which I am glad to get the material I am a little disappointed that none of the patterns were included in it. So I will have to go out and buy the pattern to have my friend finish the costume. She did include an exacto knife to cut out the stencil but again no pattern so I will have to figure out how to put the pattern on the stencil.

What I have learned from all this is that I will never commission anyone again. Cause this is the second time I have had to struggle to get my commissioned and in both cases I never got my complete costume.
Unread 08-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #28
quizbowler

That's disappointing to hear.

I'm still amazed she sent you anything - I still can't get ahold of her to even send me material. I'm fairly disgusted with this whole process. It's a shame because I feel like commissioning is my only option, and yet at the same time it can't be an option any longer after my bad experience with it. If I ever get anywhere with my battle with Sutie I'll let you all know how it went, but I have a feeling I'm not getting anything from her.
Junpei Iori (60%)
Unread 08-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #29
Moondemon

Quizbowler start threatening legal actions. Or just get all your friends to spam her accounts.
Unread 10-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #30
quizbowler

B-b-b-bump to update the story. Out of the blue I received a message from Sutie saying that she is willing to send me my money back. I'll let you all know if and when this does happen.
Junpei Iori (60%)