Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Angel~Ally
~Kokoro~Princess~

Smile Love Live!

I am going to be making Kotori's start dash costume but I need a lot of advice like what fabric and how to construct it. ^~^ lets start talking about making some love live cosplay
Angel~Ally is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Is this gonna also be the official coscom Love Live chat thread? If so I can contribute..If not then nvm becasue I won't be of any help on your question..
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

yeSSS love live!!!
i'm part of a big love live group for anime expo!
we'll be doing wonderful rush outfits, and i'm gonna be nico yazawa~

we have honoka, umi, kotori, rin, maki, nozomi, nico, and possibly hanayo and eli?

i'm really stressed about the white boots since i don't wanna do bootcovers. but yeah.

for kotori's start dash, i'd just use twill or something, or bridal satin on the back side of the fabric which won't be so shiny. ^^ for her bow it doesn't seem shiny so maybe very dull sateen ^^

Bonnie the Bunny (Five Nights At Freddy's) 70%
Nico Yazawa -Wonderful Rush/Default- (School Idol Project) 85%
Cardcaptor Sakura -Red Dress ver- (Cardcaptor Sakura) 15%
Fionna the Human (Adventure Time) 100
Sulley (Monsters University) 0%
Dook LaRue (The Rock Afire Explosion) 0%
Lola Bunny (Looney Tunes; Space Jam) 0%
Neko!Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magica) 85%
Punk!Mew Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew) 60%
Asuka Soryu -Yellow Dress ver-(NGE) 30%
HoneyBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Well looks like it WILL be a discussion thread so I'll put my own input then lol

I want to cosplay Maki. She's my fav next to Nico.

I was thinking about doing a school uniform version of Maki, but I don't know yet. No one I know that will do group stuff with me has seen it yet.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Angel~Ally
~Kokoro~Princess~

Of course you can post anything that has to do with Love live c: and any input will be lovely c: But ok ill try that haha im very new to sewing and I don't want to fail to much but omg when you go to anime expo please show pics <3333 for the boots can you maybe find a pair that look similar and paint them?
Unread 01-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jei-Cos View Post
Well looks like it WILL be a discussion thread so I'll put my own input then lol

I want to cosplay Maki. She's my fav next to Nico.

I was thinking about doing a school uniform version of Maki, but I don't know yet. No one I know that will do group stuff with me has seen it yet.
We should definitely get together for pictures if you do Maki, since I'm planning school uniform Nico ((I have my blazer and socks and shoes already.))
I'm lucky that I can attend AX since most of my cosplay friends who can actually commit to cosplays are from LA. ;_;

Unread 01-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #7
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBonnie View Post
We should definitely get together for pictures if you do Maki, since I'm planning school uniform Nico ((I have my blazer and socks and shoes already.))
I'm lucky that I can attend AX since most of my cosplay friends who can actually commit to cosplays are from LA. ;_;
Well the problem I'm gonna have here is the same problem as I have with K-On!....the Blazers are navy blue. I've found ONE that will fit me in existance and its like $40 plus shipping. It's from targets online store because you know, God forbid they have most of that stuff IN the store.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 01-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #8
Angel~Ally
~Kokoro~Princess~

I cant wait to see your Maki be sure to show pics on here I plan on showing some progress pics as I work on my Start dash dress <3
Unread 01-13-2015, 04:48 PM   #9
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel~Ally View Post
I cant wait to see your Maki be sure to show pics on here I plan on showing some progress pics as I work on my Start dash dress <3
Neither can I....lol We gotta finish our AKB0048 stuff before we do anything Love Like though..My friend might actually WANT to do Kotori becasue of the Maid thing..lol
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 01-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #10
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

Quote:
Well the problem I'm gonna have here is the same problem as I have with K-On!....the Blazers are navy blue. I've found ONE that will fit me in existance and its like $40 plus shipping. It's from targets online store because you know, God forbid they have most of that stuff IN the store.
I picked up my Anarchy Stocking blazer in black from Macy's on sale for like 20 something dollars, and my Nico Yazawa blazer I picked up from... was it Dillards? Either Dillards or Nordstroms, for around 50 dollars + sales tax. That's the thing about blazers. Coming from someone who's every day style IS actually made up of school uniform style ((sailor and blazer both)) I've dropped a ton of cash on blazers, those are always going to be the most expensive, have you tried Bodyline's official store? If you ship to Japan it's much less expensive, in fact when I was at their actual store location their seifukus were as cheap as 14 dollars, and the blazers themselves were around 25 and already had all the golden buttons and everything~

Unread 01-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #11
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
I picked up my Anarchy Stocking blazer in black from Macy's on sale for like 20 something dollars, and my Nico Yazawa blazer I picked up from... was it Dillards? Either Dillards or Nordstroms, for around 50 dollars + sales tax. That's the thing about blazers. Coming from someone who's every day style IS actually made up of school uniform style ((sailor and blazer both)) I've dropped a ton of cash on blazers, those are always going to be the most expensive, have you tried Bodyline's official store? If you ship to Japan it's much less expensive, in fact when I was at their actual store location their seifukus were as cheap as 14 dollars, and the blazers themselves were around 25 and already had all the golden buttons and everything~
Yea see, that's even MORE expensive than the one I found..So no, not happening there..I wouldn't mind it, but it's the fact that I don't HAVE that much to spend on ONE piece..And no, bodylines items are all too small for me. Also, maybe I'm missing it, but I don't even SEE blazers on there..I looked in the cosplay section under character as well as uniform. The only thing I see for Love Like is a few idol outfits. Also, they are selling all their stuff as full cosplays it seems, not by pieces..
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 01-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #12
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

Quote:
Yea see, that's even MORE expensive than the one I found..So no, not happening there..I wouldn't mind it, but it's the fact that I don't HAVE that much to spend on ONE piece..And no, bodylines items are all too small for me. Also, maybe I'm missing it, but I don't even SEE blazers on there..I looked in the cosplay section under character as well as uniform. The only thing I see for Love Like is a few idol outfits. Also, they are selling all their stuff as full cosplays it seems, not by pieces..
Ahh that'll do it, the price is a big factor but blazers are normally meant to be worn as 'uniform' pieces. In Japan, the blazers are over 200 dollars and that's considered cheap! The schoolgirls usually only buy one or two sets of uniform because of the price. :c

Bodyline is usually too small for me but they sell their sailor style outfits up to 7L ((Personally for sailor suits, their 5L or 6L fit the best because they're supposed to be loose)) and for maid dresses, 4L is good. Skirts, 4L is good for me. I didn't try on their blazers but they had them at the actual shop in Harajuku, kind of around the lolita dress section and wig section.

Unread 01-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #13
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Ahh that'll do it, the price is a big factor but blazers are normally meant to be worn as 'uniform' pieces. In Japan, the blazers are over 200 dollars and that's considered cheap! The schoolgirls usually only buy one or two sets of uniform because of the price. :c

Bodyline is usually too small for me but they sell their sailor style outfits up to 7L ((Personally for sailor suits, their 5L or 6L fit the best because they're supposed to be loose)) and for maid dresses, 4L is good. Skirts, 4L is good for me. I didn't try on their blazers but they had them at the actual shop in Harajuku, kind of around the lolita dress section and wig section.
Wow..Yea that's a lot..My old middle school use to have uniforms..They weren't like "this and only this" kind, but like only certain things allowing, must have shirts tucked, blah blah stuff..Well they had a "generic uniform" that had the logo of the school on it (which I swear they never sold even one, no one wanted uniforms there), and they were like $300 or so for a set (boys was a 3 button collared shirt and khaki pants, the girls could pic pants or knee length skirt and it had a bouse).

Well yea I know some of their stuff can fit, but I was only talking about the blazers..That's all I need..I can make the skirt myself, that's easy..But you said to go to bodyline in reply to me needing a blazer..
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Unread 01-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #14
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

Quote:
Wow..Yea that's a lot..My old middle school use to have uniforms..They weren't like "this and only this" kind, but like only certain things allowing, must have shirts tucked, blah blah stuff..Well they had a "generic uniform" that had the logo of the school on it (which I swear they never sold even one, no one wanted uniforms there), and they were like $300 or so for a set (boys was a 3 button collared shirt and khaki pants, the girls could pic pants or knee length skirt and it had a bouse).

Well yea I know some of their stuff can fit, but I was only talking about the blazers..That's all I need..I can make the skirt myself, that's easy..But you said to go to bodyline in reply to me needing a blazer..
Yeah, my elementary school had uniforms. I had a lot of them so they must now have been too expensive, but it was basically for the girls, a navy blue jumper with a long or short sleeve blouse on top, optional red ribbon on the neck, and optional red cardigan with or w/o school logo. I think you had to wear black mary janes and white socks. For boys it was either red or white polo shirt with black or tan pants.

The skirt is the part I can't make for me, the pattern is tricky. I think the blazers should fit. They fit me tightly and I have the scoliosis hump on my back.

Unread 01-14-2015, 11:44 PM   #15
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Yeah, my elementary school had uniforms. I had a lot of them so they must now have been too expensive, but it was basically for the girls, a navy blue jumper with a long or short sleeve blouse on top, optional red ribbon on the neck, and optional red cardigan with or w/o school logo. I think you had to wear black mary janes and white socks. For boys it was either red or white polo shirt with black or tan pants.

The skirt is the part I can't make for me, the pattern is tricky. I think the blazers should fit. They fit me tightly and I have the scoliosis hump on my back.
What I was saying is I didn't SEE the blazers on bodyline. Where are they? If I can find them I might buy one. But I saw nothing.
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)