Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 172 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #781
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

^ all of that is fan art. I wouldn't bother changing it.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #782
SafetyPinBandit

Hello people of the thread! I am... Well, I am me. And you are you. Or at least I hope that is how it goes.

I'll be cosplaying Amaimon at A-Kon and A-Fest in the Dallas area of Texas. The costume is still in the works for now. Hope to see you guys around~ (and I hope to keep up with this thread and communicate with others, but I figured that was a given~)
SafetyPinBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #783
TechnoxXxDeath

Salutations Ao no Exorcist cosplayers~

(Yes I know not the greatest greeting XD)

After managing to skim through the numerous pages, I can say I'm even more thrilled to do Amaimon and Rin at AWA this year. So pretty much I've got everything laid out on how I'm going to be doing things (including making Amaimon's "pet" into a bag), but Rin I'm having a bit of trouble with still.

Since I am going to do Rin's "demon" form, I want to make his sword, only I can't decide how to do it. I full well know how I am going to have it light up, but its the whole flame bit.

Should I make it where it has a normal looking blade? But then putting a sheer or see through kind of blue fabric cut out to look like flames and just slip it over the blade?

Or should I just have a blue glowing katana?
TechnoxXxDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #784
krazikupo
Yes, that's my real hair

TechnoxXxDeath: I was thinking about how to do the katana as well.
I don't know head or tails of making swords, but I was trying to think about the whole glowing thing.... Would you want it for video? or just picture stills? And would you want it to glow? or just the blue flames?
There was this picture that was posted, to do the flames. It's on deviantart here.
Looks like they made two fabric coverings plus the firmer flames, foam maybe?
As far as glowing, I was thinking about using a mini LED system... There are mini strands of lights that you can set to flicker, in white and blue, but the only issue is hiding the battery box and having access to it. Alternatively, using a bunch of mini "throwies", minus the magnets, are small enough to get the "flame" part to glow.

2012 Lineup
AB, Anime Next, Otacon, CtCon, Another Anime Con
Rin - Ao no Exorcist
krazikupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #785
TechnoxXxDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikupo View Post
TechnoxXxDeath: I was thinking about how to do the katana as well.
I don't know head or tails of making swords, but I was trying to think about the whole glowing thing.... Would you want it for video? or just picture stills? And would you want it to glow? or just the blue flames?
There was this picture that was posted, to do the flames. It's on deviantart here.
Looks like they made two fabric coverings plus the firmer flames, foam maybe?
As far as glowing, I was thinking about using a mini LED system... There are mini strands of lights that you can set to flicker, in white and blue, but the only issue is hiding the battery box and having access to it. Alternatively, using a bunch of mini "throwies", minus the magnets, are small enough to get the "flame" part to glow.
Hmm that is actually quite helpful. Thank you!

I've actually considered making two versions of the sword, basically one for cons that will look cool in pictures, but I won't be completely heartbroken if it gets chipped or broken. At least compared to one that I invested a lot more time and money in to make it as close to the real sword as possible.

I may lay off the glowing for this year (since money is tighter this year for me), and just use the fabric for the flames. Since I think Amaimon is actually going to cost me more with the several details he has on him -_-
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #786
krazikupo
Yes, that's my real hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoxXxDeath View Post
Hmm that is actually quite helpful. Thank you!

I've actually considered making two versions of the sword, basically one for cons that will look cool in pictures, but I won't be completely heartbroken if it gets chipped or broken. At least compared to one that I invested a lot more time and money in to make it as close to the real sword as possible.

I may lay off the glowing for this year (since money is tighter this year for me), and just use the fabric for the flames. Since I think Amaimon is actually going to cost me more with the several details he has on him -_-
Oh you're welcome!~
Yeah~ I was thinking that too, since when the sword is unsheathed it glows anyway, so the "prop" one I guess would just be a fake version. And then the photo/glowing one~

Cosplay updates on my end, the belt, patch, fabric for his jacket and my tie all came in recently :'D! I get to start sewing and throw what I have together this weekend~ I'm excited to see it all together since it's been in pieces ~

2012 Lineup
Rin - Ao no Exorcist
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #787
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Small update new pin.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3166927/

Also working on flame horns and guns right now... because I don't want to sew this week.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #788
TechnoxXxDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikupo View Post
Oh you're welcome!~
Yeah~ I was thinking that too, since when the sword is unsheathed it glows anyway, so the "prop" one I guess would just be a fake version. And then the photo/glowing one~

Cosplay updates on my end, the belt, patch, fabric for his jacket and my tie all came in recently :'D! I get to start sewing and throw what I have together this weekend~ I'm excited to see it all together since it's been in pieces ~
Mhm ^^ Plus I'll have a little Kuro with me so I could take pictures with him too

Oh lucky, I haven't been able to do too much work since I've been hunting around for supplies and such, making sure to get a good deal you know?

I say the only thing I have update wise is a body of Kuro sewn, he just needs the details, I'll post pictures later of him.
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #789
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Small update new pin.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3166927/

Also working on flame horns and guns right now... because I don't want to sew this week.
That pin looks awesome. 0=

So my Yukio has her guns and jacke now but Shima has nothing done. I'm thinking I have to bother her a lot more about it. The con's in 3 months. You have so much stuff to do. XD

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #790
MapleCoffee
Henshin!

Sooo hello AnE forums!! I've combed through here a bit and didn't come across what I was looking for so hopefully I don't look like a complete goober posting this little ask!

I am planning on tackling a Yukio cosplay for Metrocon/Otakon and I am trying to think of a good way to make his little side bag pouch thing. Any suggestions on materials? I'm open to a lot i just don't have a good deal of money as much as i'd love to make one out of actual leather /weeps.

But yeah. Any thoughts?

Con-Nooga
Hino Eiji | Kamen Rider OOO [end of series variant] | 0%
Hidari Shotaro | Kamen Rider W | 50%
MapleCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #791
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

It's leather BUT leather is expensive. If you can find a leatherette or vinyl in the right shade it work with that.

The bags are nothing but a bunch of rectangle sewn together to create the shape of a box.
http://cosplayisland.com/files/costu...6310620b44.png
http://www.hellocosplay.com/images/c...-costume-2.jpg

touchmon I was almost so perfect when I got it. the original that reason mold was based on was wood so there was some imperfections on the casting and the paint job was streaking as heck but it polished up nicely/repainted. If I bother to submit it in a masquerade I'll be making one from scratch.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-09-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Unread 03-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #792
krazikupo
Yes, that's my real hair

Here's a progress pic!~

Clickmeclickmeee~
(Please excuse the bathroom shot xD No where else in my house has a full length mirror.)

I forgot to put my chain on too (>A<;; ) Which was downstairs at the time. The flames are being painted atm, but those won't be finished till the lights get here :')
Going out tomorrow to buy trim and buttons to finish off the jacket.
I've never sewn a fullsized suit jacket before, so I'm pretty proud of the result!
I'll get a better pic of my tail too, since it was swingin all over the place. I need to finish the stableizer at the top so that doesn't happen lol.
I'm happy it's coming together though (>u< )~

The fabric for the sword case is still on it's way... As well as the kubrick to go with the chain~

2012 Lineup
Rin - Ao no Exorcist
Unread 03-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #793
heaven_firings

Okay, so I'm in the process of making a yui-kesa for Renzou (like his brothers wear).

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...himaKinzou.jpg

I've got the front cords figured out and know how to tie them but I just don't know about the back knot. Is it a real knot/tie? If it is what's it called so I can look up how to do it. If not how would I go about recreating it?

In other news I got my boots and the patch in so now I can finish up the blazer. I stitched up all the lining today after some more frustration with the material but overall it turned out pretty nice. Now I just need to attach that to the outside and get the notions all on it. I found the academy lapel pin at the flea market (of all places) and am working on making the little rectangle one for the other side.

At a later point in time I plan on making his K'rik. After my next con probably because I'll have quite a bit of down time since our next cosplay is being purchased so the matching uniforms match. That will give me time to work on some of the smaller details of other cosplays that I didn't have time for.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #794
hollowlaughter

I'd venture to call my Mephisto about 60% done.

I need to buy/make the boots, alter the cape some, take in the undershirt, do some tailoring/fitting work, and buy the wig, veneers, and ears. It should be more than done for Otakon, but it's not really worth rushing it done before ACen, since I ended up in staff suite for my position there. Aka, no full cosplay.
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #795
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Does anyone have a screen capture of Yukio paladin gun. I has found on in the past but tried to google for it again but nothing came up for Ep. 23 to 25.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale