Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #841
bishiekeeper

I am planning on cosplaying as Satan Possessed Yukio for Sakura 2013. Does anyone know where I can get the pattern for Yukio's paladin jacket? I wish to make it as close to the anime as possible. I am also going to make Satan's flame wings.
bishiekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #842
SafetyPinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishiekeeper View Post
I am planning on cosplaying as Satan Possessed Yukio for Sakura 2013. Does anyone know where I can get the pattern for Yukio's paladin jacket? I wish to make it as close to the anime as possible. I am also going to make Satan's flame wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
This is the fabric I got during a 25% off sale. I usually don't spend more then $6 a yard on twill locally (catch 50% off sales) but the shade was right.
http://www.fabric.com/home-decor-fab...will-teal.aspx

I used this pattern but should have modify the lapels more them I did.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m552...hp?page_id=911
I used the RR size for the pattern but the sleeve are might tight for plus size pattern on a female. I use to modifying men patterns this was the first time no fit the sleeves conformable at first. I used the same pattern for my Jack and felt the same way.
Reading. It's a learned ability. XD :3
SafetyPinBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #843
bishiekeeper

Wow~ I was too busy interrupting the complex workings of sarcasm to read that post. Thank you, oh so very much for bring that to my attention. <3
bishiekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #844
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Good lucky on the wings! I wanted to makeup them but realized that I want to light them as well and that would have cost more then the costume it's for fabric used.

For the wear the wing come out I recommend using the upper back vent panel int the pattern to kid the slits foe were the wing come out. ^_^

I post working photo of my finished costume here.http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/214089/

You will need to add about 8 to 10 inch to the bottom of that pattern to lengthen it for op.E.

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 05-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #845
SafetyPinBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishiekeeper View Post
Wow~ I was too busy interrupting the complex workings of sarcasm to read that post. Thank you, oh so very much for bring that to my attention. <3
lol. Yup! XD Sorry if I sounded like an ass.

----

Meanwhile in my world.... My Amaimon costume is almost done. I just have to make the vest and tie... aaaand I have to distress the jacket some more. I've already decided I'd make cheap lil buttons since my alternative would take too long. Can't wait for AKon in a lil over a week :3
SafetyPinBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #846
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I actually found a Rin sword at AnimeNorth in the dealers room(con safe and all! ) so I'm going to be using that for my Rin cosplay. It's so beautiful but the one problem with it is the fact that it is too long for my sword bag and I don't have enough material to make another. :/ I guess Rin will have to be without a bag for this con.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #847
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

^I mostly skipped the dealers room this year but was it a table that also had Bleach swords that was selling it?

I'm actually thinking of selling my Rin bag materials (matching brocade fabric, 4 buckles and tons of black strap) because I didn't have time to make it for my friends sword.

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #848
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^No, it was a table that was selling costumes(with the green changing room, near the entrance) with a bucket near the front which had a bunch of swords in it. My friend was trying on a Tifa cosplay that she wanted to buy and I saw someone pull out Rin's sword from the bucket and put it back and that's how I knew it was there.

And I loved your Paladin Yukio. I wished I could have gotten a pic but my friend wanted to hurry and go to the dealer's room so we could see what was in there and have a plan of attack of what to buy the next couple of days.

Quote:

Unread 05-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #849
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

That is a good deal because the shipping on the sword is around $50 on top of the price at $50 on ebay sellers.

thychi was a photographer for the shoot and our sole Shura cosplayer.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0580834&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0580834&type=3

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 05-29-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Unread 05-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #850
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^Yes, I was very happy about that. I wish the bead on it was the correct color though. I'm trying to figure out how I can remove it without messing up the green rope too much that I can't put it back.

Oh and my library got all of the Exorcist volumes so I've been taking them out for references and such. I have the backs of the volumes scanned(except for Volume 5) so if anyone needs any of the characters accessories I have them. XD

Quote:

Unread 05-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #851
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

Back from my con, had an interesting time wearing Shura. XD Got some pictures:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...33332283_n.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosplay...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cosplay...ca/7292534396/

Ah darn wig... Since I'm using it later for Yoko I didn't have the heart/time to cut up the bangs since I was waiting to do it at con. Do have my yellow in it though. Don't have a time where I can wear it again for awhile, can't wait to though. LOL

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #852
thychi

@Ani_BEE: You were an awesome Yukio at AN and it was a pleasure shooting with you. I hope I managed to shoot everyone who was at the photoshoot! Kind of a pity that I was the sole Shura at the shoot though.

@Touchmon: I'm surprised you managed to find Rin's sword for such a low price! Was it just the sword itself or the sheath too?

@MinaUchiha2: Awesome Shura I always thought that Shura's hair reminded me of Yoko and if a cosplayer really wanted to they could dye the blonde parts more red and go as Yoko.

Finished my Shura cosplay for AN 2012. So glad that I did! Saved myself from dying in the heat.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3216275/

In the end I chose to go with 8 circles on my sword as it was more accurate to the figurine. Which is the same reason why I chose a more pink/red shade for my wig.
thychi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #853
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^It was both. Honestly, I was actually pretty surprised by the quality. It's actually heavier at the hilt like a real sword is supposed to be. Picture!(Ignore my expression! XD)

And I love your Shura! I wish I saw you and got a picture.

Also my Shima was wondering about the bag thing on the volume 6 back cover. I can't really tell what it is either. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote:

Unread 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #854
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

You might want to find gold/yellow cord to replace the green with as I'm not sure WHY they are using green. lol But that is really well manufactured.

There are tutorial oneline on how to to the saya knot as well.

I'll be listing my Yukio soon. (Been to lazy to selected a main image yet)

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Unread 05-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #855
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^I should but I really don't have the time to do it now. >_> Unfortunately the closest Jo-Anns to me is over an hour away and the con is next weekend. I do have green-yellow ribbon but I don't think it will be able to keep the shape and such since the sheath itself is very smooth.

Quote: