Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 166 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #106
iSebas-chan
ThatKuroCosplay

I'm excited! My friend is going to make me a solid pink kimono. I'm kinda bad at sewing. Then I'm going to put designs on it. I'm kinda weird about my cosplay. I like it to look like the charrie but I like to put my own spin on it so me and other people don't look like clones. I also got my fabric to make a Nee-Chan plush. I need to order my wig... So does my boyfriend. It's his first time cosplaying so I'm his guide. That's why I pick such a simple form of Rin. I didn't want him to get stressed about his first costume.

I'm glad everyone is making progress. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure they'll come out wonderfully.

Rin!Uniform ~ Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist(100%)
Sasuke!Anbu ~ Naruto(100%)
Draco!Suit ~ Harry Potter(100%)
Stocking!Male ~ Panty and Stocking(100%)
Haine!Casual ~ DOGS: Bullets and Carnage(10%)

Next Con:
AllCon
iSebas-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #107
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by liivingdeadgirl View Post
I'm using fabric paint for the tie. /cheats. lol Then I'll make the patch and just stitch that on.

Damn expensive fabrics!!! >=I
The only reason I'm not using fabric paint is that setting clean lines is a pain when doing solid white since you need to do a few layers on top of black.

For the insignia I've printed it off on a Avery D-shirt transfer. ^_^

Also have a lot of fleece let over from the tail so I might try to make Kuro as well.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-20-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #108
iaShakezula

the clean lines are hard to do not unless you spray paint the acrylic paint and use freezer paper for the boundaries.
I helped a friend once spray painting the design on her kimono and the edges were very clean. she used my spray gun and the paint that is used by spray paint artist.The fabric paint is too thick.It came out really good. Also it depends on the fabric.

I am starting to design the magazine clip holders, it looks like they are open ended holders.got some leather for the backing .

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-20-2011 at 07:25 PM.
iaShakezula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #109
tsukeru

What patterns do you guys suggest for the male school uniform or the Exorcist jacket? I still can't decide which version of Yukio I want to do since I have several patterns in mind that may work well for either costume.
tsukeru is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #110
iaShakezula

Well a single breasted blazer pattern should work.I have those pattern but I havent started making the school uniform yet.

I am torn between 2 design of the magazine clip holster.The anime version it is attached to his black belt for daily use and its darker brown color.My material might be a little dark brown.This one appears covered.

The manga cover version of vloume 2 , the belt is the plain leather color and the clip holder is open and the same color as the belt.

I can go either way but I might follow the anime design.
Anyway , I will work on this on wednesday , i got the day off

PMX SIZE="2"]

I am almost done working on the Sports cosplay.I have to finish Barakamon Sensei jinbei and red miku outfit.

[/size]

Last edited by iaShakezula : 06-20-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #111
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Ok made and finished my tie last night and it looks pretty good.
I definitely wish I had the silk tie in hand however because of the extra thickness makes it impossible to do any knot other then the "Four in Hand Knot" for thick ties. I looks messy when tied but then again Rin tie is never that neat either.

Also out of paranoia I pick up BIC Mark It permanent markers to dye the wig with since the sharpie as still so purple based. I mixed 10 markers to on bottle of alcohol the pigment is a more truer black and dye the wig last night as well. Looks pretty good!
Just need to wash it out so that it doesn't transfer to my dress shirt.

I have to trim up my wig next on Wednesday (busy tonight) but this is the last thing that has to get done for Saturday. Might have time to make my bag next.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #112
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

I got my guns! They came in last night! I shot my roommate with it and she yelled at me and then posted really unflattering pictres of me on facebook in retaliation. But it was worth it. XD

I wanted to use them at least once before I render them non-functional. lol

My wigs also arrived to the agent in china and will be shipped to me today. *EXCITED*

And I can get stright lines with paint, I too use acrylic and not fabric paint. I also use painters tape to mark everything off so I get super straight lines. I'm also using an iron on print out for the tie. ^_^

Good luck with your wig!

Alice (Original) - Alice in Wonderland
Miku (Cendrillon) - Vocaloid
Fuu (Artbook) - Magic Knight Rayearth
Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
https://www.facebook.com/#!/LDGCosplay
liivingdeadgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #113
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Thanks, I hate doing natural styles with wig but I'm using my feathering razor on it the whole time so that I can't screw up. lol I will take a evening to do it that way.

Also I'm fakeing my bro-chain (belt chain) till my Tibetan beads come in with the cheap plastic Walmart bracelets mirror finish beads till them.
The beads I got are WAY to expensive to recommend and only justify buying them after selling a wig to offset the price.
http://www.happymangobeads.com/engra...nbead40mm.aspx considering he has 10 on the chain...
I also got these as the spacer beads.
http://www.happymangobeads.com/ornat...d17mmmp29.aspx

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 06-21-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #114
iaShakezula

Im not good with wig either, i only tried coloring one time and it didnt take well.
Thank goodness im just using temp color to add brown to yukio,s wig.

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]
Unread 06-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #115
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

Same here. I used inc to make my Revy wig a little darker, since it was too red, it gave it a nice purple tone, but no matter how much I wash the wig the in will still leak out (luckily the costume is dark so it doesn't bleed). My Kamikirimusic wig was white and I dyed it red using the sharpie method. But I hate dyeing wigs so I just try to find them as close as I can to the color.

And I like those beads! I'm wary of buying them online because I can never tell if the size will be what I want, even with the measurements. I still need to remake or fix my Rin's beads to make them work. Not looking forward to that. I think tonight I'll paint Yukio's guns, put the first layers of silicon on the exorcist pin, and maybe start drafting the pattern for the holsters. The extra mags are heavier than I would like and slightly larger so I'll have to make the pouches a tad bigger. I just hope they don't take up TOO much space on my belt. Cause I have to attach the holsters, four mag holders, and that little pouch on his belt (I'm not doing the super fantastically large one he has sometimes >_<).

And I also will not be much help with the pattern thing, since I altered the crap out of a pattern for the blazer because I'm cheap and didn't want to get a new one. >_<

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #116
iSebas-chan
ThatKuroCosplay

This is the Shiemi Wig I'm getting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cosplay-Wig-Shor...54790564078239

And this is the Rin Wig:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-male-black-s...ht_4814wt_1585

I have never bought a wig that cost over 25 dollars including shipping. My friend calls me Ebay Magic because I always know how to get good quality wigs for cheap. I practically live on eBay. It's my best friend. It probably helps that I never buy anything with below 99% positve feeback.

Rin!Uniform ~ Ao No Exorcist/Blue Exorcist(100%)
Sasuke!Anbu ~ Naruto(100%)
Draco!Suit ~ Harry Potter(100%)
Stocking!Male ~ Panty and Stocking(100%)
Haine!Casual ~ DOGS: Bullets and Carnage(10%)

Next Con:
AllCon
iSebas-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #117
liivingdeadgirl
Chicken Rice!

I love that Shiemi wig, it's the PERFECT color. XD

I just go through taobao. I just ordered 6 wigs and the total (including international shipping) was $93 - so that averages them at 15 bucks a piece. XD

Fem!Cas - Supernatural

~*~
Unread 06-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #118
iaShakezula

I have that male wig for another character from Sket Dance.i dont know.it might be a bit short in the front.But its a really nice wig.

PMX SIZE="2"]

[/size]
Unread 06-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #119
ArgyArgyle

I really want to try doing Rin because my hair is exactly like his (It's shorter at the moment). I have some ideas on how to make the flames and some of the accessories, but I'm not sure about that jacket. I have absolutely no idea how to cut and sew fabric. @_@
ArgyArgyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #120
Capt_Lucifer
Night Valian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSebas-chan View Post
I would agree with iaShakezula on the Rin wig, it's probably going to be a tad too short, otherwise it's a good wig 8)
And the Shiemi one will work perfectly

Bah I really need to get my butt in gear for Mephisto. I need more motivation D8 (Im such a big procrastinator OTL)
Capt_Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote