Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon > Rides / Roommates

Unread 11-08-2003, 01:22 PM   #1
Sumomo
I want more Yu-Gi-Oh ;_;

Anyone Reserving Rooms for 2004?

Just wanted to know who has already reserved rooms for Otakon 2004. ^__^ How many people prepare in advance?

Also: Are there any girls intrested in getting a room together? Costs for the room will split depending on how many people want to get a room. ^^;;; Sure it may be early, but eh... doesn't hurt to ask in advance!
Harpies Lady Sisters (Green) from Yu-Gi-Oh! Piccie!
See you there?
Sumomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
SquishedFlower
Orangina drinking fiend

I dont know how soon I should reserve a room somewhere, I guess not too late because sooo many people are going ! O_O
SquishedFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2003, 09:18 PM   #3
Sumomo
I want more Yu-Gi-Oh ;_;

Yeah I agree. When it comes a few months close to Otakon everything is already booked, so getting a room in advance is really REALLY good. ;-; I don't want to be homeless for a weekend!
See you there?
Unread 11-09-2003, 12:58 AM   #4
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Normally I would say its too early..but Baltimore sucks ass, so getting as close as you can to the con center is advisable so you don't have to walk so much in that ludicrous panhandler-and-one-way-street-infested city! Otakon is cool though, so its worth paying some insane amount to stay in that hellhole. If I go next year I'm going to try for Days Inn, because A) its much cheaper, and B) its right across the street from the con)

We stayed at the Radisson this year. It wasn't a bad hotel by any means, on the contrary it was very classy, but it was $175 a night and 5 blocks from the con. I know 5 blocks doesn't sound like much, but in a costume in the rain tripping over beggars it feels like 5 miles.

If you like baltimore I'm happy for you, but by the end of the weekend we were like "stupid f**cking light rails!"

The moral is, book way ahead of time and get very accurate maps..and give yourself extra time because even the people at AAA who drew us out a path on the map didn't know most of the streets were one way, and you will probably get either A.) lost or B.) get to park very far away from your hotel.

Last edited by Bahzi : 11-09-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 01:13 AM   #5
Sumomo
I want more Yu-Gi-Oh ;_;

Well I live about 30 minutes away from Baltimore but hotels are nice because I have a place to store my dealers room bags without having to carry it around along with my costumes.

I'm still looking for girls who want to room together starting now. Days Inn seems like a great place to me!
See you there?
Unread 11-09-2003, 08:46 AM   #6
Hotaru's Sister
Uber Sporto

i highly suggest booking now. We already booked ours and alot of the hotel reservation sites are already booked for the weekend. I'm so glad we got rooms at the Days Inn again. Nothing beats staying at a con hotel.
Unread 11-10-2003, 04:14 AM   #7
Sumomo
I want more Yu-Gi-Oh ;_;

;_; I need a group of girls who want to >< C'mon people! See the board for Otakon! Sign up with me! *flails*
See you there?
Unread 11-10-2003, 06:21 PM   #8
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

I'm sure you'll get people, hell I would but me and my boyfriend are kind of inseparable...we live together after all If you have a credit card I'd go ahead and reserve it so its there, you'll prolly have people metaphorically beating down your down come closer to the con...now people are just tentative with their plans. Speaking of reserving, how did you reserve Days Inn already Hotaru? Their website and travel sites say their not booking that far ahead, I'm prolly just not looking in the right places.
Unread 11-10-2003, 06:26 PM   #9
Sorahana
...That was a joke

I have to clarify with my mom if she'll take me to this and if she says yes then I'll get ther to start booking early next year XD.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 09:59 PM   #10
Sumomo
I want more Yu-Gi-Oh ;_;

Hmm I wonder if I can book that weekend at Days Inn for Otakon..? I could just call o.o; I suppose.
See you there?
Unread 11-12-2003, 12:19 AM   #11
lupohki
supa drifto waaa!!

I just reserved the Hyatt again for '04 @ $132 a night. Refer to this thread http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=5396 on how to do it.
lupohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2003, 11:06 PM   #12
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

That site won't say the name of the hotel..looks a little shady. Plus, I don't do anything that can't be cancelled without penalty...I'd rather just go through AAA, its only $10 more through them for Days Inn, plus they don't charge you until you check out..and can always be cancelled without penalty up until 48 hours before the con, stuff happens, you shouldn't have to pay $300 for a room you can't use.

Last edited by Bahzi : 11-13-2003 at 12:32 AM.
Unread 11-14-2003, 12:02 AM   #13
lupohki
supa drifto waaa!!

Nah .. you don't have to worry about it being shady. I've used that site for years. The only issue is if you needed to cancel. Other than that, you get one of the best hotels in the area for the price of the mediocre ones. Also, it's one of the 2 closest hotels to the convention center and is connected via sky walk so you don't have to encounter the baltimore "locals" - which if you know better, you'd want to avoid.
lupohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2003, 12:33 AM   #14
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

No offense, but I'd still call it gambling...I'd do it but if it didn't turn out to be the right hotel, I'd be out $300..I just don't have that kind of money lying around...I'll stick with something I have written proof of. Hotel managers and staff can be incredibly difficult, you never know, and I don't leave anything to chance. It'd be great if i could be sure, but I'm going to go with Days Inn anyway...I've heard everyone whos stayed there was very happy with the service.
Unread 11-14-2003, 07:32 AM   #15
Daala
My job is to piss u OFF!

I'm sad I know... but I've already booked my hotel room, and we've already got a group of 4. Otakon keeps getting bigger and bigger...wow...