Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 11-08-2003, 12:48 PM   #1
RHIshida
lol internet

Anybody Else Not Get To Go Due To Registration Limits?

You see, I was all ready to go this morning and we were about to leave, when I made one last check on the Nekocon website and found that registation had been closed at 1pm on Friday! The problem for me was that I had checked the site last night (about 8) and I did not see a thing. So the point is, I couldn't go, but I was really upset that I had made these preparations for nothing. I've been in a seriously down mode since and I was wondering who else didn't get to register? (I seriously hope Nekocon gets a much bigger hotel next year so this won't have to happen again. This has also forced my parents to start making plans for conventions months in advance from now on instead of the day of the convention.)

Unread 11-08-2003, 11:07 PM   #2
Romann
Fantastic Explosion

Naw...I didn't go because I was broke
Unread 11-09-2003, 12:09 AM   #3
makonurikoryoko

Same as Noir! lol
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
Sorahana
...That was a joke

I didn't go cause it was too far away and my mom said no cause it was too soon after BAAF (like a month and a half lol XD;.)
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #5
Misa-chan
batteries not included

Yeah, that's kinda what happened to me, my dad is trying to limit me to 2 (out of state) con per year XP

:: Next: Anime North 09 ::
-Formal Casca (Berserk)
-Shinobu (No More Heroes)
-Bunny Bulma (Dragon Ball)
-Yamine Aku adult ver. (Vocaloid)[?]

2009: Setsucon, Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Expo, Otakon, NYAF, AUSA
Misa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 03:03 PM   #6
Sorahana
...That was a joke

My mom will only take me to a con if my grades are ok and if its not too expensive and in a place she can do something at XD;.
Panda Punch: Cosplay Photography
Sorahana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
Studmaster
The King of Games!

I'll Thrid Noir's reason. I had a belt evalution in Sword for Pa-Kua. That was 60 dollars I was going to use for Nekocon. Plus I would've missed a full weekend of work.....So....no.
2004 has just begun. Are you ready to seize this new year, and grasp things never thought possible. Let go of the past, and the pain it may have bought. It is time to make the best of the present, to secure the future.

The 2004 Studmaster World Tour as of 11/25/03: Katuscon, Philly Gaming Classic (Satuday only), Anime Boston, Animazement Anime Next , Anime Expo, Otakon, Dragon*Con, Nekocon? Anime USA?, MagFest 3.0?
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 04:05 PM   #8
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

I heard about that registratin limit...and that sucks! I always pre-reg, but even still thats pretty bad...did Nekocon even tell anybody about the 1,600 3 days membership limit before it was too late to pre-reg? I understand its hard to run a con, so I guess it couldn't be avoided, as a bigger place means more money and if they hadn't had enough people attend the con could have lost big money. Still, its shitty to make costumes and all and not be able to go. I guess it just goes to show, always pre-reg. I've learned my lesson, I'm going to pre-reg for Ohayocon ASAP.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #9
PockyDarcy

I didn't go at all. I heard about the limit on friday though. *sigh* it was like anime boston all over again. lol but this time the con is much older and wiser and they still weren't wise enough to get a bigger hotel. I hate when cons do that. Limit themselves to a location or hotel. I actaully liked the localation of Ikasucon this year. They probably could have had a con as big as Otakon there. I like when they give us lots of room. I wish con planners would take in consideration what the fans attend want. We don't want to be squashed into a tiny place nor do we want to be limited to go. Have some common sense. Budget is one thing, but come on! Guess, that is my own say in that subject. *shrug*
PockyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 06:54 PM   #10
Vialoi Ketsueke
The vexatious one.

I wanted to go, but I didn't want to spend the money, or risk the chance of going all the way to Nekocon, and then not being able to get in due to the registration problem. Oh well, least I managed to clean my room this weekend.
Vialoi Ketsueke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2003, 09:27 PM   #11
RHIshida
lol internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha
I heard about that registratin limit...and that sucks! I always pre-reg, but even still thats pretty bad...did Nekocon even tell anybody about the 1,600 3 days membership limit before it was too late to pre-reg? I understand its hard to run a con, so I guess it couldn't be avoided, as a bigger place means more money and if they hadn't had enough people attend the con could have lost big money. Still, its shitty to make costumes and all and not be able to go. I guess it just goes to show, always pre-reg. I've learned my lesson, I'm going to pre-reg for Ohayocon ASAP.
No they didn't say anything before pre-reg ended, they announced it a few days before the con I think. Still, they need to get a bigger hotel :/
Unread 11-09-2003, 09:32 PM   #12
Link Arroway
arararar

well by the time they had the totals together they found out it was going to have to be limited! I got there early since I forgot to pre-reg and sat in line from 2am to 9am, a fun way to spend the night.. until they threw us out into the cold at 6am to wait there x_x I wrapped up in a sleeping bag thing
Link Arroway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 11:54 AM   #13
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

I sat in line from like, 4:30AM Friday and was the 11th person to register
Now that was fun.

And it wasn't that cold, you pussies!!! >:P
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #14
cordless runner

Yeah it wasnt cold at all. We stood in line from 9:30pm on thursday >_< remind me to always pre reg.

I walk into the unknown.....eyes closed....sword drawn.....wanting a sandwich...

~The Mysterious Stalker~
cordless runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 06:33 PM   #15
Sciguy
Agent R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshi
I sat in line from like, 4:30AM Friday and was the 11th person to register
Now that was fun.

And it wasn't that cold, you pussies!!! >:P

I was the 12th person to register! Mua ha ha! Yeah, Monoyasha-chan held the gangs spot from 9:30 Thursday night when 4:30 Friday morning when we relieved her. I wish that I'd known she was there the entire time, I would have hung with her for a few more hours.
Sciguy is offline   Reply With Quote