Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Unread 05-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
DandyPianist
Pianist

What do u guys think about making your own anime costume but just one u came up with?

what kind of blueprints are you making like something not from an anime just ur own idea?

Unread 05-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
RickyFromVegas
Cosplaying Photographer

Original Cosplay exists and is nice to see.
RickyFromVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I think you are referring to an original character cosplay. Which is fun, and i've created and cosplayed as one before.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
pltshp
i did what i have to do

I'd probably never do an original character myself but I do like to see them. It's nice to see people's creativity in designing their own character with their own background and storyline.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
DandyPianist
Pianist

I only have to Blueprints for the top half done except the hat i decided to call it my (Nightmare) cosplay cause its basically a hat with horns and claw hands and tail and such ill actually upload the blueprints i made of it on this site later...to get the general idea if its good or bad...lol i go into some interesting details on it...
Unread 05-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Rikku92
SecondStarCosplay

I've designed a mecha girl, and I'm actually working on her right now. I'm going to debut her at Anime Expo this year

Follow me on Facebook! SecondStarCosplay
Rikku92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
DandyPianist
Pianist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku92 View Post
I've designed a mecha girl, and I'm actually working on her right now. I'm going to debut her at Anime Expo this year
Thats cool, i was thinking maybe if i buy the Sebastian Michaelis (Masquerade Form) cosplay and stuff, i might just use the rest of the time to make my other creation the "Nightmare" that way on one day ill wear Sebby and the next ill wear Nightmare then last day either normal or one of the two from before x3 depends which gets more attention <3 i like attention....xO only some alot of ppl around me o.o ill be like O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Like to make a note of i would not be able to "Sneak" around im 6,6 lol someones gonna notice me xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
MotherSilver

I'm going to be doing my own original cosplay next year, as of one of my characters. He's a dragon demon, with wings/tail/pointed ears, a very loooooong wig and red skin XD (for obvious reasons, he's a dragon demon and all). I'm hoping my web comic will be up and running at that time so some people would know what and who he is, but either way my Aaron is too obvious not to be seen XD some people are probably going to think he is from an anime but just one they don't know but I'm hoping people will recognize my poor baby next year (already planning a wing mechanism/vest)
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
ARIADecember

I have one, but Im not sure if I'm going to cosplay it

I like seeing originals, only thing that I'm not a fan of, is when the person cosplaying tells a 5minute detailed description of there character.

Personally I would like to hear it, but not a long description of the character
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

I've seen some really good OCs, but I've seen equally as bad ones. For example, people claiming to be "Original Characters" when in fact, the costume is HIGHLY IDENTICAL to an existing character. May just have the colour scheme changed, or very few pieces changed.

But anyway, I only like OCs when it actually applies as in IS ORIGINAL. Meaning it has to have had lots of thought in design and colour as well as the construction, fabric choices etc...

I'll take pictures of anyone I think has a good costume, whether I know the series or not, OC or an existing character.
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

I have an original character that I would really like to cosplay someday. Not sure if I actually will, but it's on my cosplay list anyway.

One of my friends also has a series he's been drawing for a while and one character I helped him create. I would like to cosplay that character too.
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
DandyPianist
Pianist

<3 thx for all the comments oh and "Mothersilver", i was gonna say i think its very interesting how u mentioned mechanical wings...mostly cause with my idea the main point is its claws which will be very long and i thought at one point of even making them mechanical like pull on the finger slot and it moves that claw kind of idea...mine i have not made a back story i just though oh hey this is kinda cool i guess its possibly it may somehow resemble a anime character but if so i have no clue ill leave that to u guys to decide once i post the blueprints...and all, in the mean time thank u all for the comments there were some very positive comments <3
Unread 05-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Dandy, do you just want to talk about your costumes? If so, you don't need to make so many new threads or comment on someone else's post just to bring the talk back to yourself.
Unread 05-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #14
ARIADecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyPianist View Post
<3 thx for all the comments oh and "Mothersilver", i was gonna say i think its very interesting how u mentioned mechanical wings...mostly cause with my idea the main point is its claws which will be very long and i thought at one point of even making them mechanical like pull on the finger slot and it moves that claw kind of idea...mine i have not made a back story i just though oh hey this is kinda cool i guess its possibly it may somehow resemble a anime character but if so i have no clue ill leave that to u guys to decide once i post the blueprints...and all, in the mean time thank u all for the comments there were some very positive comments <3
Sound interesting, however, I think it would be hard to make, also, cons have limited open space, so making a giant claw, might get in the way of people passing by.

As for backstory, it's up to you if you really want to make one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormraven24 View Post
Dandy, do you just want to talk about your costumes? If so, you don't need to make so many new threads or comment on someone else's post just to bring the talk back to yourself.
I understand what your saying, however I have a feeling he is a bit new to the cosplay community, and wanting opinions back on his ideas. However I do think he is making to many threads.

Last edited by ARIADecember : 05-13-2011 at 09:43 PM.
ARIADecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
Convulsive
My name is Kan

I'm doing an OC for MTAC next year. She's my favourite character I've ever created!

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote