Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Detective Conan/Meitantei Conan/Case Closed

My forum search for Detective Conan did not turn up any threads for this series, and I couldn't believe it! With over 600 episodes, 15 movies, a dozen or so video games and nearly 800 manga chapters -- and still counting -- I expected there to be at least some discussion of cosplay. (Unless I just completely missed an active thread somewhere...?)

I'm finishing up my third DC costume (Akai Shuuichi) to follow up my Kaitou Kid and Chianti costumes from last year. I'm having a difficult time pinning down consistent reference images, which is partly because of the art style and partly because color palettes randomly switch between the manga and anime, or between seasons of the anime -- like Gin's ever-changing hair color.

I'm particularly interested in finding other Kurozukume cosplayers, as I'd love to stage some kind of Conan-stalking event, but any participation is welcome. ^_^ Are there any other Detective Conan cosplayers in the community?

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

I wish i could cosplay from Detective Conan! I love this show! im going to do a panel at tokyo in tulsa in oklahoma this year! there should be more cosplays from this show but conan just seems to hard for a lot of people to do... maybe i might drag my nephew whos 6 and get him to be a cute conan lol

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2/ Rin M. from Free!! / Otoya ittokiFrom Utapri / Aoba From DMMD Hinata from Haikyuu then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto and many others
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
Shinyi1412

I have only cosplayed as Shinichi Kudo from Detective Conan with my little sister as a shrunken Ran Mouri as MomoCon 2011. However, I plan to cosplay as Kaito Kuroba or Kaitou KID at AWA 2011.
Shinyi1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
FUYUMI
fudafuタイ&#1

I love Detective Conan xD I'm planning to cosplay Kudo...not sure I'll be able to pull it off though xDD And also desperately wanting to do a Kaito Kid cosplay !~ This series is so epic xDD And I'm not even half way through the anime yet :P Not even close....OTL
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Awesome (to both of you)! Apart from myself, I've only ever encountered one other Kaitou Kid cosplayer, and that was a driveby at NYAF/NYCC last year. I hope to see you at a con sometime -- Kaitou vs. Kaitou photos would be a lot of fun! ^_^

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
Unread 07-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Periphescent
I'm an ohtaco.

I'm cosplaying as Conan for Otakon this year! I have everything done except for the bowtie and socks, but it wasn't very difficult to put together in the first place. I should really just buy the bowtie, but I'm so cheap that I'm trying to hand-make one. I want it to be big enough to attach some headphone parts I painted, so that it looks like a real voice modifier. I'm also putting off styling the wig. o_o;; It's my first wig, and I'm really nervous about cutting it - and I'm not really talented with hairspray either. I'm thinking of having a friend with more experience help me with it.

Anyway, I'm super excited to debut the costume at Otakon! I don't think I'll get much love, since it's not very popular over here anymore, but it's more for me anyway, and there are still other fans like you guys out there! X3
Periphescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Sorry for some serious thread resurrection, but I couldn't resist.

I just started watching this series (I'm almost done with season 1, but I'm gonna marathon it this summer) and I'm working on the manga, it's amazing! I plan on cosplaying Gin, despite how annoying his ever-changing hair color is. (I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who picked up on that.) Not sure when I'll get around to it, probably when the weather cools down (90+ degrees is NOT the ideal weather for a turtleneck and thick black coat.)

Though I was Gin for spirit week at my school last year (even though my shirt was the wrong color and I used my real hair, since it's long and light brown,) I even had a a briefcase! Though one girl asked me if I was keeping drugs in my briefcase, which I actually found pretty funny.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Devika

I've started watching the anime too, I love it! It would be so much fun to do a deduction show skit...

But what's that weird pointy thingamabobhairshape that Ran has? Is it just some hair pointing straight up?
Devika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I think so. My friend calls it "Ran's Rhino Horn"
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 06-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Devika

Ahahahaha, Rhino horn xD That's golden!
Devika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #11
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

It's pretty spot-on actually.

Also, my friend and I have decided we're going to force our friend to watch Finding Nemo when she cosplays Kaito Kid. XD
Unread 08-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Looks like I'll actually be able to wear Gin to a con this year! Just gotta get myself a turtleneck.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

sorry to throw off topic but your doing duke devlin too ?! awesome!

also any idea to find a kids size conan cosplay?

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2/ Rin M. from Free!! / Otoya ittokiFrom Utapri / Aoba From DMMD Hinata from Haikyuu then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto and many others
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunebi-chan View Post
also any idea to find a kids size conan cosplay?
I made this Conan costume out of a small thrift store jacket (just sewed on a huge yellow button) and a pair of khaki shorts: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2753300/

I also forgot to post here after I did my Sera Masumi costume! I've worn it to three cons so far, but I always forget to get more photos. -_- I did get a couple of pictures at Anime Expo, though: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/430325/

We also put together a Hattori Heiji costume so we could get the hat signed by Horikawa Ryo (Heiji's seiyuu) because he was a guest at AX: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...5474579&type=3

Here's the hat: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=3&permPage=1

Unread 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #15
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I'll be sure to post pictures after I wear Gin to Anime USA in November. ^^

Now if only I could find something that looks like a pipe to carry around with me, but wouldn't freak out any security people. (I wanted to bring my wooden nightstick, but my friend keeps insisting that it has to be a pipe.)