Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Unread 05-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
itsaduckpond
roes loved drugs

genderswapped eleven hair... issue

boyfriend and i are going as genderswapped eleven and amy from series five at acen this weekend (he's wearing a big red hoodie, etc) and i have a teensy weensy problem... my costume is all done, but my hair is the issue. i am blonde. normally i would think oh no big deal and just dye it BUT for friday i am dressing up as a character from another show with blonde hair and i'm not quite sure what to do. i suppose i could dye it in the hotel that night, but i am quite fond of my blonde hair. and it is much too late (i think) to attempt to find a wig.

so, question! is it a HUUUGE affront to the show to be a blonde genderswapped eleven? (well, more like blonde with roots a la rose at the moment) or if you were me would you just suck it up and dye your hair before dressing up? i am so torn right now sighs.
itsaduckpond is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
spider21b

don't bleach you hair, if anything,just have your hair pulled up in a pony tail or cut it, if you have long hair don't cut it, but idk maybe it will work if you have a fez or any other hat he wears
spider21b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
kenshin-chan64
Titillating Tuba Player

Only dye your hair if you feel comfortable with it, as well as if you are proficent ant dying hair in a cramped hotel bathroom, would be my suggestion. You are in quite a pickle there with your options as the con is too close to purchase a wig in time, but the last thing you want to do is get a messy dye job on your hair and be forced to live with it while it slowly comes out.
Other than that, I would suggest doing an up-do of sorts and hidingthe majority of your hair under a hat of your choice. You could go with a fez, stenson, or any crazy hat that you want, really; the Doctor's new motto seems to be "I wear a ____ now, ____s are cool!" so you can get away with anything!
Also, check out the vendors in the dealer's hall, as there might be a wig company there selling merchandice and you might find the perfect fem!11 wig there. You never know~

In the end though, it's all about having fun, so who cares if you dont have every last detail perfect <3 I hope you have fun, and please post pictures for us to see how your guy's cosplays come out!

.... (\/)
.... (. . )_ ....~ Friday ~ 4-8-10
< # cc , _),
kenshin-chan64 is offline   Reply With Quote