Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Street Fighter

Unread 05-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
stanbrenak

Need some advice about making Chun Li accessories

So, I'm dressing up as Chun Li next month. Need some advice about the accessories. I'll buy a costume online, but I'm gonna make the accessories all by myself. So is there any tutorials about the accessories, or any tips?
stanbrenak is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #2
mariacarlo

Actually I've made the whole costume of Chun Li's couple days ago. And I also made a tutorial out of it. The tutorial has many details about making the Chunli accessories, including the scarf, the bracelet, the silk stockings and the boots. Check it out here!
mariacarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
katherinee

If you are not good at sewing, buy a costume online directly. It won’t be an easy matter to draw a design blueprint, find the ideal fabric and cut the desirable shape from the material. If you are not a Chun Li devotee, you may also not know how she looks on some details. So, to make the suit personally sounds like a big challenge. Why not make it easier?
katherinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
elenaanddamon

Chunli is my favorite character in Street Fighter````XD At the begining, i brought chunli costumes online like you. For making cosplay costume is a complicated matter. However, i found making costume is a funny thing. And i enjoy this feeling.
Maybe you can try to make the costume by your own hands next time.....
elenaanddamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
stanbrenak

Thank you, thank you, mariacarlo! You really help a lot! Your tutorial is great and detailed. It almost answers all the questions I wanna ask.

katherinee, I know that it won't be easy! But I think it'll be fun to study and make something out of nothing. That's what cosplaying is about, right?

Last edited by Michi : 05-18-2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: merging a double post
stanbrenak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2011, 02:09 AM   #6
katherinee

Yes, most excellent cosplayers make their costumes personally. That will be really interesting, but challenging. I still think so, because I have tried. Anyway, once you feel to make a cosplay costume or prop is funny, just do it. Cosplay is actually a funny performance art. Just make sure you can make it look the style it should look like.
katherinee is offline   Reply With Quote