Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 11-09-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Lyn
ginga bishonen

cosplay.com group meeting?

Hey, as there does seem to be a good amount of us going to this con and since it's coming up soon, I was wondering if anyone wanted to try to arrange an unofficial get-together during the con?

I mean, granted, we are going to probably run into each other throughout the con because it's such a small con (from what I've heard, this is my first time going) but I thought it might be nice to try to arrange a time and place some of us could meet up at and just hang out for a bit.

...or not. ^^; Just a suggestion. I'm usually very shy when meeting people, even if I've talked to them a lot online so I'm always nervous trying to get the courage to go up and say "hi" to fellow cosplay.com members when I see them at cons so I usually like to try these type of things in more chance of getting over my shyness.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
Bethii-chan
Ninja-ness.

I think it's a good idea! I haven't met alot of cosplay.com members and it would be nice to meet some of you guys. I was to shy at Otakon to talk to anybody and I was also hungry too. But I also have a habit of not posting much here either...I just lurk in the background.

As for time and place, i have no clue as i haven't been to Anime USA for like...3 years O_o;;;
Bethii-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #3
Neko Cathy

if there's a photoshoot involved, make it a Saturday.
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Ehh, Saturday's always busy, why not Friday night? Late-ish, like 10PM?
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Well, this isn't going to be an official photoshoot or anything since Al is not going and I don't know if any of the big name photographers are going either. But I'm sure if any people have cameras, it would be cool to get some group pictures in as well. But I was thinking mostly for just a chance to say hi and such to everyone and do some little group photo if anyone has a camera on them.

Personally I'd prefer Saturday sometime since there a number of people that won't be going to the con on Friday but either day is fine with me.
Unread 11-10-2003, 02:27 PM   #6
luvnpeese
I'm with the robut

Yay!!!! Make it Saturday, b/c all the young'ns like me have skool on friday :-p

"Obviously you've never been in love!"
luvnpeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
Neko Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnpeese
Yay!!!! Make it Saturday, b/c all the young'ns like me have skool on friday :-p
Naw... I got work on Friday night. I'm only going for the day on Saturday.... but I might be over for Saturdaynight and be hanging around on Sunday. Either way, I got a hotel room w/ my gangstas
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #8
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

There will be a Cosplay.com staff representative present for the photoshoot; Studmaster.

As for me, not sure if I'm gonna make it now. In fact, almost definately not gonna make it...
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2003, 04:43 PM   #9
luvnpeese
I'm with the robut

Yay! I think our group may be doing a skit cuz we'd be in the Youth Division. Cash prizes are always such an incentive If you see a wandering and confused Trigun group, say hello to the Elizabeth! ^_^ Sorry, that was off-topic...

"Obviously you've never been in love!"
luvnpeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2003, 04:52 PM   #10
Aquila
The Mystic Elf

If only I was going to wear my Millie costume to AUSA, 'cept I got a YuYu Hakusho cosplay group and I'm Shizuru! But yeah, I'd like to meet some people from here, I know I met some at Otakon, like DigitalCactus(He probably doesn't remember me) but I never wrote down who I met, I certianly will this time though!
"Quick Spike, Create a Distraction!" -Vash(Jeremy) *Spike(Chris) starts doing the irish jig while Vash runs out of line to get a Drink, then falls on the way back* -Me & Friends waiting in line for Mystery Anime Theater 3000
Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #11
Lyn
ginga bishonen

Oshi - Sorry to hear that you might not make it. ;_; But thank you for the info about Studmaster! I didn't realize he was going. ^_^
Unread 11-11-2003, 10:25 PM   #12
rogue
Sanji Fangirl

We're also for a Saturday photoshoot.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2003, 11:02 AM   #13
Fireflystar
I'm just 1 wish away

I'll be there Fri. and Sat. but I'll only be in costume on Friday. Saturday I'm wearing a gorgeous Sakura shirt that's too adorable not to show off ^^; Unless definite plans are made I probably won't show up for a shoot..I'm hosting a group of anime newbies through their first convention.
Fireflystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #14
Studmaster
The King of Games!

Well, I might as well say that I am going to Anime USA, I will need to check with Admin to see if I can go ahead with organizing a gathering. I shall be back with info shortly.
2004 has just begun. Are you ready to seize this new year, and grasp things never thought possible. Let go of the past, and the pain it may have bought. It is time to make the best of the present, to secure the future.

The 2004 Studmaster World Tour as of 11/25/03: Katuscon, Philly Gaming Classic (Satuday only), Anime Boston, Animazement Anime Next , Anime Expo, Otakon, Dragon*Con, Nekocon? Anime USA?, MagFest 3.0?
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #15
KoreanEyez

I'll be goin all three days and mostly hang around my table at the artist alley. It's called "Artivate Your Hunger" and my mascot is chibi Sexy no Jutsu! I'll be cosplayed as Quon from RahXephon ^^;