Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #31
TheonenamedA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I didn't see her either. Or I possibly just didn't recognize her (lol).

And you didn't go to the gathering!? B'ahh! You missed it! My friend Cheyenne (dressed as Prussia) proposed to her girlfriend (dressed as Germany). It was super cute.
So THAT'S what those two were doing in the gathering photos! How sweet!

It's not like I wanted to miss it, I was just way too tired to wake up and make the gathering, especially after going to the Hetalia after-hours panel (which ended at 2am). But it's cool! At least people didn't take too many photos of my incomplete SS Prussia outfit that I had at the time. I have time to perfect it for the AX meet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☆ Kei ☆ View Post
Oh my gosh, Taiwan's design is gorgeous. *A*

Hmm. . . I already have a wig, and my friend was hinting that we do Chess cosplay soon, so I might try to have her done by Sakura/Fanime next year. :3
DO IT.

Last edited by TheonenamedA : 06-09-2011 at 01:04 AM.
TheonenamedA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #32
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheonenamedA View Post
So THAT'S what those two were doing in the gathering photos! How sweet!

It's not like I wanted to miss it, I was just way too tired to wake up and make the gathering, especially after going to the Hetalia after-hours panel (which ended at 2am). But it's cool! At least people didn't take too many photos of my incomplete SS Prussia outfit that I had at the time. I have time to perfect it for the AX meet......
Yeah it was super cute ^^ We drove that Germany home after the con and I got to see the ring. So pretty~

Ohey, you went to that panel? Fancy that. I was the Italy in it xDD

....SS Prussia... the one in the black with the gold on you? I think I fangirled at you in the Dealer Hall. I was the Prussia with the shutter shades. XD;;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #33
Lala_chan^^

what about the pawn?
Lala_chan^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #34
TheonenamedA

Quote:
Yeah it was super cute ^^ We drove that Germany home after the con and I got to see the ring. So pretty~

Ohey, you went to that panel? Fancy that. I was the Italy in it xDD

....SS Prussia... the one in the black with the gold on you? I think I fangirled at you in the Dealer Hall. I was the Prussia with the shutter shades. XD;;
Awwwww, I wish the best for them!

Yep, that was me! Yeah, I totally remember you, at both the dealers hall and the panel! I was also the one that asked you guys to sing "Friday", haha. Fancy meeting you here!( [∂]ω[∂] )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala_chan^^ View Post
what about the pawn?
No pawn designs.......yet (hopefully). If the original artist makes it, I'll be sure to post it!

Last edited by TheonenamedA : 06-09-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #35
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Awwwww, I wish the best for them!

Yep, that was me! Yeah, I totally remember you, at both the dealers hall and the panel! I was also the one that asked you guys to sing "Friday", haha. Fancy meeting you here!( [∂]ω[∂] )
....OHAI DER. FANCY MEETING YOU HERE. I remember youuuuu. I fangirled so hard. I looooove your uniform *o* I wanna cosplay the same version. After I finish matador!Spain.

I have a table at the Artist Alley at Anime Expo. Lots of Hetalia keychains. Come by and take a pic with me 8D <3 On Monday, I'll be at the table as Spain with my girlfriend as France. So if you come by as Prussia, we need a total BTT pic =w=b

Unread 06-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #36
TheonenamedA

Quote:
....OHAI DER. FANCY MEETING YOU HERE. I remember youuuuu. I fangirled so hard. I looooove your uniform *o* I wanna cosplay the same version. After I finish matador!Spain.

I have a table at the Artist Alley at Anime Expo. Lots of Hetalia keychains. Come by and take a pic with me 8D <3 On Monday, I'll be at the table as Spain with my girlfriend as France. So if you come by as Prussia, we need a total BTT pic =w=b
......Matador Spain? (@ A @) Aw mi gawd, I neeeeeed a pic when I see you then! Fucking love matadors and their hip-hugging pants! Can't wait to see it! I'm gonna wear Prussia mainly on a different day, but I'll definitely stop by on Monday in Prussia just to take a bad friends pic.

Yesssss, the bad friends will coalesce~. (≖ヮ≖)
Unread 06-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #37
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
......Matador Spain? (@ A @) Aw mi gawd, I neeeeeed a pic when I see you then! Fucking love matadors and their hip-hugging pants! Can't wait to see it! I'm gonna wear Prussia mainly on a different day, but I'll definitely stop by on Monday in Prussia just to take a bad friends pic.

Yesssss, the bad friends will coalesce~. (≖ヮ≖)
Awwww yeah. These pants are rocking so far. Almost finished putting the gold blocks on, then gonna add so much trim my brain will hurt.

And yay!! 8D I can't wait to see you again.

Though we're getting off topic now XD;; PM me if you wanna chat 8D <3

Unread 06-09-2011, 02:53 AM   #38
TheonenamedA

Quote:
Awwww yeah. These pants are rocking so far. Almost finished putting the gold blocks on, then gonna add so much trim my brain will hurt.

And yay!! 8D I can't wait to see you again.

Though we're getting off topic now XD;; PM me if you wanna chat 8D <3
Sweeeeet~. And yes, thread derailment, sorry guys!

Well, if it's any help getting back on track, for anyone else who has a Pixiv account, here's the original artist if you guys want to keep watch as well: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1066766.

And, I'm trying to find a hi-res version of the Hong Kong + Taiwan pic. So far, I've only got 1 lead...... O n O
Unread 06-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #39
Aciano
Light and Shadow

Quote:
I'm doing America for AX this year. O w O

And following Spica's post, it's also for cosplay chess for a local con with a group of my friends.

Also, it appears someone's done Hungary.....
Oh hai there. This week I'm getting China's fabric hopefully haha XD I be going to Cali~

But I've been wondering. Uhhh should I go with like a type of brocade or something? Or just straight out fabric colors? haha
Unread 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #40
TheonenamedA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica View Post
Oh hai there. This week I'm getting China's fabric hopefully haha XD I be going to Cali~

But I've been wondering. Uhhh should I go with like a type of brocade or something? Or just straight out fabric colors? haha

Because you're doing China, a Chinese-style brocade would look nice, but it really depends on your personal tastes.

I love the look of brocade, but I'm not going to use it when I do America because, well, it wouldn't really fit his outfit, and I think the outfit looks fine without the additional patterns. I mean, the outfit has enough detail, I don't find it really necessary to add more. Especially with the lines on the clothes, I find the outfits to have a bit of a Tron-esque feel to it, so I personally won't use brocade to detract away from that feel.

Also, THANK YOU SPPANDAAA ON TUMBLR FOR POSTING THE HI-RES HONG KONG AND TAIWAN PIC!!!!!

Unread 06-10-2011, 06:44 AM   #41
Aciano
Light and Shadow

Quote:
Because you're doing China, a Chinese-style brocade would look nice, but it really depends on your personal tastes.

I love the look of brocade, but I'm not going to use it when I do America because, well, it wouldn't really fit his outfit, and I think the outfit looks fine without the additional patterns. I mean, the outfit has enough detail, I don't find it really necessary to add more. Especially with the lines on the clothes, I find the outfits to have a bit of a Tron-esque feel to it, so I personally won't use brocade to detract away from that feel.

Also, THANK YOU SPPANDAAA ON TUMBLR FOR POSTING THE HI-RES HONG KONG AND TAIWAN PIC!!!!!

That is true haha. Lulz. So there would be two queens on the white side? XD
Unread 06-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #42
TheonenamedA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spica View Post
That is true haha. Lulz. So there would be two queens on the white side? XD
Actually, I think with the addition of Hong Kong and Taiwan, they're known as the "Asian" side. So, instead of "Black" and "White", it's probably just Axis, Allies, and Asians.
Unread 06-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #43
Aciano
Light and Shadow

Quote:
Actually, I think with the addition of Hong Kong and Taiwan, they're known as the "Asian" side. So, instead of "Black" and "White", it's probably just Axis, Allies, and Asians.
Probably haha. Would want to see more of the Asian side. Like, Korea. Pfft. That's just me though. Haha.
Unread 06-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #44
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

^^; /tentative wave

Hi, guys. I was the Black Queen Hungary at Fanime this year. The dress very nearly killed me, as I started on the entire costume a mere week before con (including pattern drafting). If anyone needs construction tips, I'll be happy to help out in any way I can.
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:00 AM   #45
TheonenamedA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumikuroi View Post
^^; /tentative wave

Hi, guys. I was the Black Queen Hungary at Fanime this year. The dress very nearly killed me, as I started on the entire costume a mere week before con (including pattern drafting). If anyone needs construction tips, I'll be happy to help out in any way I can.
Wow, you got that much done in a week? That's pretty impressive! What you have looks pretty nice, but as a bit of constructive criticism, there's a lot of details left to be desired..... I hope you plan on adding in the rest, because it'll look really amazing!

You should look up a tutorial on how to make an in-expensive hoop skirt, cause it'll help give your dress gravity defying poofiness. Also, a long wig you look really pretty. ^^

Oh, and you should get your signature checked out, it's missing!

Also, for anyone who needs it, here's tutorials on how to create gradients on fabric:
http://firelilycosplay.deviantart.co...rial-207707945
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swl_JQ183J8 <----This one is specifically for silk