Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 51 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #91
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

@TheonenamedA
i saw u at ala n i dont think i had the chance to take ur pic cause our camera broke, but i was the fem!france loving on ur mochi!! Hope youll bring this to ax!

And im starting to plan my chesspiece!hungary for con season next year (ala, ax, conji,pmx), but do you guys think it would be weird if i commisioned it? I can make all the props n headpieces n shoe covers, but that top with boning will be the death of a noob sewer like me! Thanks!!!!!!!
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #92
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
but do you guys think it would be weird if i commisioned it?
Nah, I know these designs are hard to make and some people are trying their best to make them.

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Red Medic(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Red Scout(Fem!)-Team Fortress 2
Codename Otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #93
TheonenamedA

Quote:
@TheonenamedA
i saw u at ala n i dont think i had the chance to take ur pic cause our camera broke, but i was the fem!france loving on ur mochi!! Hope youll bring this to ax!

And im starting to plan my chesspiece!hungary for con season next year (ala, ax, conji,pmx), but do you guys think it would be weird if i commisioned it? I can make all the props n headpieces n shoe covers, but that top with boning will be the death of a noob sewer like me! Thanks!!!!!!!
Oh yes, I remember you! And yes, I will be bringing my Chess America and Mochi with me to AX again this year. Hope to see you there!

As for Chess Hungary, there's nothing wrong or weird about commissioning it, but with the amount of detail on these costumes be prepared to expect quite a hefty fee to have it made (especially made well).
TheonenamedA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #94
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

I really only need the base made cause i can do all the pipping and detail work, just not the base construction...
and YAY
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #95
TheonenamedA

Quote:
I really only need the base made cause i can do all the pipping and detail work, just not the base construction...
and YAY
You're probably gonna have to talk it over with whoever you're commissioning this from, since some details look like they'll be easier to put on before the outfit is sewn together. Just saying as a heads up.
TheonenamedA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #96
Deru-Wisper

Feelin' pretty confident about my Chess!Nyo!Prussia cosplay. I got my friend who is planning Chess!Hungary to sketch a draft of the ideas we came up with about ten minutes ago. ^^;; Tomorrow I'm spending the day with her and her twin sister (England), and we're hoping to do some major planning/designing. (After we go to the movies and buy some wig stands, that is. Nyo!Prussia's wig is giving me hell.) Hopefully we can stop by JoAnns to pick up some fabric with our coupons, too.

Upcoming Cons:
Pacific Media Expo '14
Anime Los Angelos '15
Anime Expo '15
_______
Completed:
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica
Tsubomi Kido - Mekakucity Actors
Annie Leonhardt - Attack on Titan
Dirk Strider (Godtier and Headless) - Homestuck
_______
In Progress:
Samekichi- Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea (20%)
(Genderbent) Ren - DRAMAtical Murder (10%)
Synchronicity Len - Vocaloid (20%)
_______
Instagram - Tumblr
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #97
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

Is there a verison with Greece or Turkey (Or Cyprus or Egypt)? Because I feel like the Meds don't get enough love.
America - Hetalia (Needs new wig)

Retired Cosplays:
Punk!Toadsuke - Supah Nario Bros.
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
A Crapton Of Hetalia Costumes, See my journal for a full list.
Kosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #98
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosuke View Post
Is there a verison with Greece or Turkey (Or Cyprus or Egypt)? Because I feel like the Meds don't get enough love.
Nope, just the Axis, Allies, and the Nordics. You could make your own designs of them.

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Unread 03-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #99
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Double post. >< My bad.

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*

Last edited by Codename Otacon : 03-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Unread 03-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #100
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

I'm actually doodling up some Chess!Hetalia designs right now, including 2 of my ocs, Mexico (A king piece, he came out really well-he's Aztec-styled) and Eastern US (a queen piece- who I need to redesign because her first two designs were failcrap). I've done King!Greece and Knight!Turkey, and am thinking of doing Queen!Cyprus (because I secretly ship GreecexCyprus), did you guys want to see the preliminary sketches when I'm done?

Retired Cosplays:
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #101
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosuke View Post
I'm actually doodling up some Chess!Hetalia designs right now, including 2 of my ocs, Mexico (A king piece, he came out really well-he's Aztec-styled) and Eastern US (a queen piece- who I need to redesign because her first two designs were failcrap). I've done King!Greece and Knight!Turkey, and am thinking of doing Queen!Cyprus (because I secretly ship GreecexCyprus), did you guys want to see the preliminary sketches when I'm done?
Sure, I love seeing how people make their own designs of them.

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #102
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

Sweet, I might just take the extra time and make 'prettier' drawings than just the scribbles I have now.

I'm actually at a loss to what to draw for Eastern US. I was thinking of having her skirt be a constellation map, but I can't seem to make the right design.....

And, as I said before, Mexico's design came out beautifully, I'm just wondering what to make his color scheme. Maybe Orange/Red/Yellow like the Allied pieces, but Black like the Axis pieces? Or maybe Yellow Green instead of Black?

(Queen!Cyprus is cute, too. Next for the Mediterranean pieces: Either Bishop!Egypt, or Rook!Spain or Romano, because, y'know, Spain and Italy are technically Mediterranean countries. ^^ Although, I know That Allies are red-orange, Axis are blue-green, Nordics are greyish-green, so what should the Mediterraneans be? I'm thinking Indigo/Purple/Maroon. Thoughts?)

Retired Cosplays:
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
Unread 03-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #103
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

What I have so far

Now, keep in mind, these are VERY rough drafts. And these aren't even all the ones I drew. (I made Knight!Alaska - Who's male, and Bishop!Guam - who's female, as well as Knight!Turkey and Bishop!Egypt, but all of the sketches for those were really messy) I'm going to make digital, prettier versions tonight/tommorrow, and maybe add some new ones (Rook!Hawaii? Rook!Romania? Bishop! or Knight!Canada? Queen!Monaco? Queen!Seychelles? Oh, possiblities!)

Here's Chess!Mexico (Or at least how I would see a Mexico character in Chesstalia) He's a King piece, and I really went crazy with the Aztec motifs. (Like the crazy feathered headress, and the symbol on his cape was hard!) I'm pretty proud of how this rough turned out (The design itself needs tweaking - like the awkard chestplate, and I am the queen of awkward poses!)

Ahhh, Queen!Cyprus. I really just want to give people a reason to cosplay Cyprus. And I like the beginnings of the rose motif in his/her (Is it his? Or her?) dress/crown. Again, awkward pose.

Well, this was kind of supposed to be a surprise, but I decided to make a Chess version of my other US States OC, Western United States. I liked the design so much, I wanted to share it very badly! He's a wee bit vain (the only other person I know who would wear a crown THAT gaudy is Prussia. Maybe Korea.) thus the "Sun" symbol on his crown and the "Sun" Symbol being at the center of the back of his cape. And yes, I designed him with flippy hair on purpose, it's supposed to represent the Rockies.

Why has no one come up with a Chess!Korea yet? Korea's pretty rad, if you as me. So, Bishop!Korea is pretty fancy, and I like how this turned out. I actually can't wait to digitally draw and color this. (Like I will for all of these, I like using Manga studio to do it - I'll try the old version of Corel Painter I have, but I doubt it will work on my Windows 7)

So, this is the Chess version of my OC, East. And I did end up going with the Constellation Map-Skirt idea, and it turned out pretty well. (Western US has the pplanet Symbols on his cape, Eastern US has a constellation map for a skirt - isn't it cool how I tied them together?)

And Finally, we have King!Greece, and he's probably my favorite. (Western US is a fair second.) I looked at a picture of Alexander the Great for Inspiration (Chill, I know Alexander the Great was Macedonian. But Greece and Macedonia are right next to each other, and everyone credits Greece for Alexander.) His crown is pretty cool, too.

Retired Cosplays:
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
Unread 03-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #104
Kosuke
AspieDroid Crazebot

I just finished the first color draft of King!Greece. I think I'll hold off on the other digital versions until I can get my hands on a newer version of Corel Painter, because the current version I have is too old to run on my computer and Manga Studio is great for comics, bad for illustration. (as you can see, some of the sketch lines are showing. It was supposed to be deleted, but Manga Studio is inconsistent like that. But I love the way it makes comics) I went with the Purple color scheme I was thinking of for the Mediterranean Countries, and it turned out pretty well. (So far, the Mediterranean Chess Set, in my mind, Is King!Greece, Queen!Cyprus, Knight!Turkey, Bishop!Egypt, and Rook!Spain, while the American Territories OCs are King!Western US, Queen!Eastern US, Knight!Alaska -Male, Bishop!Guam -Female, and Rook!Hawaii -Female. I haven't decided on a color scheme for them yet, but I think I'll try to have a Astronomy/Astrology/Celestial design theme tying them together. Any suggestions are welcome! )

Here it is:

Retired Cosplays:
Karin - Naruto

Future Cosplays:
Unread 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #105
Codename Otacon
Force a Nature

@Kosuke: Not bad, I like that you pick purple for them. Fits them well.

*Conventions for 2014*
Otakon Vegas
Anime Expo
Anime California

*Cosplay list for 2015*

Last edited by Codename Otacon : 03-30-2012 at 02:44 PM.