Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 05-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
candyintherain

Non-Disney Princess Club

My friend and I are doing a non-disney princess group cosplay. I'm going as Anastasia and she is going as Thumbelina. We have some other friends who might go as Odette from Swan Princess and Kayley from Quest for Camelot. I think it'll be really cool, but I'm not sure how many people will recognize us.
candyintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
mylilpazuzu
I am the lucid dream.

Odette and Anastasia are certainly recognizable, though most people will probably mistakenly call you Disney princesses anyway. I'm planning an Odette costume in the future, because the Swan Princess was my favorite movie at a certain point in my childhood. I personally love that you've got a Thumbelina as well. :3 Props for reaching beyond the instantly-recognizable franchise.

She's not a princess, but I went got really excited when I saw an Amalthea (The Last Unicorn) cosplayer this year at ACen. So, you may not have as many people who know your costumes, but the ones who do will be really appreciative.

Oooh, you could have a Princess Camille from Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland! Though that's even more obscure than Quest for Camelot or Thumbelina.

Last edited by mylilpazuzu : 05-29-2011 at 12:42 AM.
mylilpazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
candyintherain

We actually have an... acquaintance? A friend of a friend, I suppose, who has mentioned doing the princess from Finding Nemo. She's a bit of a flake, however, so we aren't counting on it. It'd be cool, though!
candyintherain is offline   Reply With Quote