Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
RollingGirl
~RollingOn~

Visual Kei haircut?

I am unfortunatly not allowed a permanent dye, so I'm fucusing on a haircut. Honestly, I have medium brown hair with bangs. Is there any cut you suggest, like a picture I can referance my stylist with? It'd be a great help
RollingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I would offer a few opinions but since I'm not sure what your facial structure is, it's a bit harder to give you some options. Also, go with what you like. I used to have what many people dubbed the "J-rock mullet", the shorter, layered hair on top with the long tail. I modeled it after Toshiya from Dir en grey during the Gauze/Macabre eras when it was blue and black. I've also stolen the random, choppy layers with the pieces sliced up over the ears that many of the visual artists have done. One thing I can say for sure is that most of those cuts, if not styled, look REALLY odd. I hated my Toshiya style if it wasn't styled right after I cut it, once it grew out some it was better, but before then it was just a bit weird.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
RollingGirl
~RollingOn~

Thats some good advice...to smake sure to style it or its wierd. I'm going with either Miku or Bou from Antic Cafe ^.^
RollingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
crawlerkat.exe

I know this is a bit old, but I have to agree with Mehdia on the "j-rock" (or even just "asian") mullet. I'm currently rocking one, but cutting it to match Ruki's No. 666 hair soon, haha.

Either way, for the past two years, I've pretty much messed around with various visual styles, cutting it on my own or with the help of a friend. Initially, we based it entirely off of Uruha's Silly God Disco cut/colour, let it grow and went to Maaya's (LM.c) lion mane, so on and so forth messing around. If you have longer hair like I initially did, go with the mullet first, maybe find an artist or two that styles it in a fun way and imitate them after the cut. Move on from there. The mullet is also one of the easiest to style and learn to style on.
Oh, and make sure where ever you get it cut (though you may have already), you ask for it to be razor cut. That will get it to look the best!

I hope I was able to help haha
crawlerkat.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

u know whats actually a better idea..im not saying ur a bad person for doing it cuz u know..do what u want and all..but cut it a new way..dont copy someone else..this is just my opinion..but copying someone directly is odd to me..like i take a few haircuts i see online of styles i like..then i draw them all out..then mix and match parts..like bangs and sides and crown and all and make them a little different..but thats me..this is what i say at the salon place.."cut the crown this short..cut the bangs sorta like this..and make the back this long and the side burns this long and use those texture scissors and just mess it up..its never turned out bad..ever

EDIT: this is just ONE of the results ive got doing that
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...06/lespaul.jpg
same haircut but different day
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...006/hoodie.jpg
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Last edited by Jei-Cos : 07-03-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote