Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Soulcalibur

Unread 05-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Tricia-chan
the third wheel:.

Xianghua cosplay help

So, I am planning on cosplaying as Xianghua in November, but I need a few tips. What can I use as a base for the jacket? (Like, a plain white jacket.) Also, what would be good fabric paint to use?

The link to the outfit that I am wearing is the link below. (It's the third outfit from the first game, just in case you're curious.)

Reference image

I really would appreciate the help! :3
Tricia-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

I would go with just a plain white jacket and modify from there. That seems to be the easiest route. (:

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
kataelli
We're all mad here...

I would probably buy a jacket in as similar pattern I could find and then do some heavy alterations. You could maybe find a pattern and build from scratch though.

As for fabric paint, I've always had good experiences with Jacquard fabric paint! But you could always try a few different kinds of paints on a swatch of spare fabric to test. For the gold detailing in the butterfly, you may even want to get a gold puffy paint to be able to really show off the little intricacies. Also, a tiny puffy paint tip might be easier to handle than messing with a thick brush and goopy paint. But definitely experiment to see what works best!!

Also, I don't know if this will help, but there's a cosplayer who did a beautiful version of Xianghua in the past and has several posts about the creation of her costume on her blog here: http://the-ocd.blogspot.com/search/label/xianghua
I know it's a different version of the Xianghua costume, but maybe you'll find some helpful tips/ideas!

Hope I helped! Best of luck!
kataelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #4
Tricia-chan
the third wheel:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataelli View Post
Also, I don't know if this will help, but there's a cosplayer who did a beautiful version of Xianghua in the past and has several posts about the creation of her costume on her blog here: http://the-ocd.blogspot.com/search/label/xianghua
I know it's a different version of the Xianghua costume, but maybe you'll find some helpful tips/ideas!
Oh yes, I've visited her site before. Her Xianghua cosplay is absolutely amazing! I have been taking some tips from this cosplay, since it is based on the one I am currently working on. I still need to get me a white coat though, since I've yet to get myself a sewing machine.