Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 12-19-2003, 11:41 AM   #16
Princess_Hotaru
SKANDARCHY!

I am -very- late. x.x; I just thought I might tell you guys that I'm going next year aswell. I still don't know what I'm going to do yet, but, I'll figure out something.
Princess_Hotaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-21-2003, 09:29 PM   #17
Kaori-chan
Villainy at its Finest

I hope I can go! I had alot of fun last year, and I'd like to revisit my first con. Anyone know if it has a website yet?
Kaori-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2003, 11:19 AM   #18
Princess_Hotaru
SKANDARCHY!

It does...x.x' I just forgot the address to it. o.o' Or, I think it does anyways.
Unread 12-25-2003, 06:13 AM   #19
Ihrie

I'll probably be going to MetroCon, and hopefully I can do the FFBall again (that's up to Aaron) But I did have a good time there. It was almost as fun as AWA! The con that sucked for me last year was definatley MegaCon. I will not be going to that one this year.
Ihrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2003, 05:02 PM   #20
Kaori-chan
Villainy at its Finest

Uh-oh....I'm going to Megacon! What was wrong with it? Oops, off topic. So the FFBall's coming back? Hopefully I can go if I can make it to Metrocon this time around. It sounded really cool.
Kaori-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2004, 06:23 PM   #21
Leona Almasy
Seifer's Harsh Mistress

The Metro Con website is this: http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/control.cfm
They're still working on updating it though, so you'll have to keep an eye on it for the news. I'll most likely be going again, although I'm not sure I'll have the money for new costumes or even improving the ones from last year. >.> I need a job. I had a good time at Metro last year, except for personal issues that had nothing to do with the con itself and everything to do with a person I no longer speak to. <.< Hope tp see people there. And maybe this year we can actually work out a photo shoot or some other sort of get together.

Reading is knowledge.
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Study hard. Be evil
Leona Almasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #22
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

well there's still a long while for them to decided what's happening. yes! the same place. i really liked that hotel. i remember when we were like where is it! it was behind that big trees lol! FFball. is the best thing i've ever went to
Unread 01-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #23
Princess_Hotaru
SKANDARCHY!

I would have to agree..^^; The convention was a lot of fun, and it being my first convention and all..Plus, the FF Ball was a lot of fun and so were the other dances, and so was seeing other people in costumes aswell. o.o; I hope I'll get to meet some of you guys next year..^^;
Unread 01-22-2004, 03:30 AM   #24
Ruby-Chan
super duper silly cat

well my husband and I and our group of friends will definetely be there. We've already began working on our costumes for Floridas con season. I didn't even attend the ffball last year, so thats not really much of a factor to me. Metro was our first con, so it has a special place in our memories =). Although I don't know which costume/costumes I will be wearing for Metro my cosplay list for this season is- Terra from FFVI in esper form, Kotoko from Chobits, and white mage from FFXI
Unread 01-22-2004, 09:35 AM   #25
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

you'll be seeing me there. but as who. who ever knows with me
Unread 01-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #26
Nooj
There's sand in my boots!

My 1st draft of costumes will be:

SeeD Squall with my Ballroom rinoa friend Kristin ^_^
Shugo/Kite from .hack//dusk (and the games)
And either Gippal, Kingdom Hearts II Sora, or Vivi, (this will change once i find out what the FF Ball theme is, i definately want to be in that ^_^)

O_O I hope it isnt in the same hotel this year! Who else rembers the ellevator incident? The doors opened on the wrong side and brittany ran out screaming, then another time me and Becca we're stuck on the sencond floor for like 15 minutes
-___- i fear elevators now.

El LJo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...terarelove.jpg

mah babies!

Last edited by Nooj : 01-27-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Nooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2004, 11:22 PM   #27
Ruby-Chan
super duper silly cat

i didn't have any problems with the elevators...other than waiting a long time sometimes...but that happens at any con hotel. According to the site it is going to be the same hotel. I like that...no map for me this year cus i already know where i am going =)
Unread 01-29-2004, 07:04 AM   #28
makio
resident slacker

LoL, elevators are always going to be a problem with hotel cons. I usually take the stairs, but it wasn't until Sunday that I actually found'em! o_o;

I'm going to go to Metrocon again this year, provided it's in a rental car or something. Part of the problem I had with Metrocon weekend last year(not the staff's fault, mind you)... was the ride there from Orlando to Tampa. A bad bumper-to-bumper accident eventually lead to me not being able to have as much fun as I would've liked. >_> And I won't even go into the domino effect of expenses that followed, keeping me from seeing Otakon again.

I also look forward to another FFBall(Ihrie and I were in it last year), but no I don't know the theme either. I'm hoping for a FFTactics based theme.

"Then what am I supposed to believe in? What am I going to leave behind when I'm through?"
-Raiden, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
`````
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #29
Omi
Dream. Drop. Distance.

Yeah i do remember the stupid elevator! 0_0 i was outta there so fast! then i looked for the stairs and i couldnt find them! we went to both sides but still nothin -_- how could you not have stairs! who were we with...i dont remember at all i know we were with someone else...eh oh well...
Unread 01-29-2004, 09:58 PM   #30
Susumari
.//fasshon o n n a no ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omi
Yeah i do remember the stupid elevator! 0_0 i was outta there so fast! then i looked for the stairs and i couldnt find them! we went to both sides but still nothin -_- how could you not have stairs! who were we with...i dont remember at all i know we were with someone else...eh oh well...
lol! you were with your friend right. whoever she was. MAN! i was right in FRONT of the door! ...

i've been wondering. why would an elevator have 2 doors? lol