Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Unread 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Avenly

Fabric

Im considering remaking my old Esther Cosplay. I feel that the fabric I used might be just a little to heavy... Im not sure what kind of fabric I used either its been that long. I left cosplay for a while due to school and having no monies.

Ive looked through the Trinity Blood Thread but there is just too much there. And I feel that if I do post there the question might be over looked or answered and I might miss it. I also think that having a thread to talk about fabric for said costumes would be convinent for others who have the question and dont want the headache of going through the long long long long thread that everyone posts at. Some how I feel that would be helpfull. If not then oh well. I tried.

Co- creator of the Naruto Prom at Otakon started in '07.

Otakon 2014 Cosplay Plans:
Ariel - Blue dress
Maka Alburn - Soul Eater

Hubby:
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater
Avenly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
FeyMeggan

We're pretty good about answering all questions that pop into the thread, but it's understandable that it might be missed for a bit. I've not made one of the nun's outfits, but I've seen a lot of them, and most are made of a heavy weight, low shine, satin or satin like material that I've seen. This isn't saying that all of them have to made thusly, just the most common material I've seen.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

I've seen a couple made from a cotton suiting. Its quite cheap and doesn't require much ironing. I have used it for my Abel when I did see it being used for other TB costumes.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
Avenly

Thanks guys ^.^ This helps a lot!!

Co- creator of the Naruto Prom at Otakon started in '07.

Otakon 2014 Cosplay Plans:
Ariel - Blue dress
Maka Alburn - Soul Eater

Hubby:
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater
Avenly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

I'm having trouble deciding, too! Making an Esther costume of my own.

I find satin looks a bit strange for Esther, when you take into account that she's a nun... but that's just me reading too much into things. xD;

I second the cotton suiting. Twill's good, too. I recommend visiting your fabric store just to have a feel and decide which one you want that way, because even twill's properties can vary a lot from supplier to supplier. Go for something middle weight, like 300g/yd?

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote