Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
Inu-girl4290
IamthebloodoftheDragon

Anime Haircuts?

Does anyone here get their hair cut like an anime/manga/game character just to do it, even if your not making the costume?
I just got my hair cut like Sasuke just for fun, seeming how I won't be able to start his costume for a few months, and in April I got my hair cut like Yuna's (minus the ponytail).

Future Cons:
AWA 2011
Anime USA 2011 (possibly)
Megacon 2012
Inu-girl4290 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

its been atleast two years now that ive been getting my hair cut like sasuke. actually, it was supposedly cut to look like a jrockers then i discovered sasuke XD so now i dub it, the sasuke hair. dont know when i plan on growing it out though...

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
Moonlit_Rose
Indeed

Well, Mine isn't exactly cut to look like a character, but I do wear my hear in odangos like Usagi, or up in an Aerith stlye(though, not always with.. pink. *shudders*). I don't have short bangs, but rather extreamly long ones that just about make it for Aerith. I am going to get my bangs cut into more of an Aerith style because I like it. And it's something that doesn't drastically change my style. My friend did get hers cut like Yuna's however, and it looks amazing!

I luff my long hair. (And don't have the guts to cut it!)
Moonlit_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Lemme see... I had an X-2 Yuna cut a while back...
Then about a year ago I had it as Vanilla Gackt, and recently it WAS a Kyo (Dir en Grey) cut, but it's grown out a bit too much for that...

~Ari-chan
Unread 12-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

My hair is cut like somewhere around 33% of all characters designed by Hayao Miyazaki... vaguely chin-length bob with bangs.
Unread 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #6
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

My boyfriend recently got his hair cut like Syaoran's. We're doing Tsubasa costumes next year, and he really wants to avoid wearing a wig. Luckily Syaoran has a fairly generic hairstyle ^^.

When I was in high school (and my hair was waist-length), I'd wear my hair in odango for pep band at the basketball days. I even had a pair of hairclips with Sailor Mercury figures glued on that I'd wear with the hair. Ahh, those were the days XD.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 01:07 AM   #7
Seed-chan
{ S I N N E R }

Ahahah, I cut my hair to fit anime!Okita (from the Gintama OAV) which I never did properly, but then by some odd coincidence, the hairdo worked for Gundam Seed's Kira Yamato too. Which was like yay! Inaccurate but didn`t look too bad.

But now that my roots are growing out black, I'm waiting for it to go completely black (or at least enough so I can cut it) to do Dita from Chobits for AnimeNorth in May.

"Never trust anyone."

Last edited by Seed-chan : 12-20-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Seed-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #8
TribalButterfly
How Much Longer Until CN?

I dyed my hair Pink for my Meroko cosplay.

I'm going to be dying and cutting my hair (sorta) for a cosplay I'm doing for AN, but I can't tell you which one - that's a surprize!
Unread 12-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
Tenebrae
Happy New Year!

I have purple Miho hair (from Megatokyo).
I end up doing my hair purple and cutting it in Miho's style every now and then, but then I get fed up with having bangs and having to spend so long blowdrying and ironing my hair EVERY DAY (because my hair is curly and looks like butt in this style if I don't)...or I have to look for another job and so I dye it red.
A couple times I've been in the middle of "normal hair" and tried to do a wig or something and ended up fed up and getting the haircut and dye myself anyway.
I've had my Miho hair this time around since August. I've ended up getting SO many compliments on it out here in Pennsylvania (surprisingly!) that I've just kept it.
I had Vampire Princess Miyu hair for a while, too, but I never wore it in the sideways bun.
I love my purple hair.

-Tenebrae.
Unread 12-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #10
SkippingSith
FOR GONDOR!

currently yuna!
SkippingSith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #11
shiro.youma

I've never cut my hair to look exactly like an anime character, but I have based my hair on my hair on them, Ive gone yuna, miyavi, mononoke, etc.
shiro.youma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #12
Miss Tea
kiss them for me

i've cut my hair to be similar to yuna, but lengthened the bangs since i have to straighten my hair every morning and short bangs are sooo annoying to straighten... i probably will cut it again (but not as short since im actually trying to grow it out) for AX this year since im bringing my yuna costume.

however, after that con, im going to let my hair just grow so that i can work with it for future cosplays for characters with longer, brown hair.
Unread 12-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #13
ilikeyaoi
+SORGASM+

At one point I'd style my hair based off characters with longer hair, when my hair was long, at least. I had X-2 and X Rikku, Aeris, a lot of Final Fantasy characters. Then, I had Hide (J-rock artist) hair, and now... who knows what. It's a medley of colors and lengths XD
Unread 12-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #14
bob-chan

I've had a yuna cut once as well.
Currently its like a mixture of Kasumi Shinya and Yokan Toshiya.. I wish i could go all out jrock hair style, but my momma wouldnt be too happy.. Gah.. Parents ruin everything. XD
^ yaoi, isn't hide's name always uncapitalized? Gasp!
Unread 12-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #15
violetsky
hero of hyrule

last month i got it cut really short w/ no character in mind, but it looks just like cheza's from wolf's rain..and my sister keeps telling me i MUST cosplay as her now