Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 11-10-2003, 06:48 PM   #1
Liahara_Crow
Watashi wa neko desu yo!

Need help with various Hellsing costumes!

Need help from anyone with patterns for a whole suit and hat for Alucard, shirt, skirt and boots for Ceres, and a suit for Integral. Just need good links to patterns, or maybe you already have patterns that I can buy from j00. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a whole KFC 20-piece bucketload!
D
Liahara_Crow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2003, 08:50 PM   #2
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

This all depends on how good you are at sewing. If you aren't good at sewing, Integral will be just plain hell, and Alucard will be just as bad. It's hard to sew jackets. Suit jacket or frock coat-type jacket, it's still hard. Another surprisingly challenging piece is Ceres' collar on her jacket.

But if you DO decide to try and make most of the pieces, instead of finding a suit at the Goodwill for Integral (which I would recommend), have you tried looking at www.joann.com or a Jo-Ann's store yet? They have a LOT of patterns. And if you need to modify patterns, I recommend using tracing paper, since it's closer to the thickness and folding tendencies of regular patterns than newspaper or printer paper.
Unread 11-10-2003, 09:48 PM   #3
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

You can try:
www.simplicty.com
www.mccall.com (mccalls, vogue, butterick)
www.kiwksew.com

Or search patterns online in google or something. There's a lot. And most sites doen't have all their patterns online. It's good to hit a fabric store and spend an hour or so flipping through the books there.

Good luck!

And I second the motion of altering a suit for Integral. Much easier.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2003, 10:49 PM   #4
Oselle
Froufaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery
Another surprisingly challenging piece is Ceres' collar on her jacket
The only one of those on the list that I've attempted is Ceres, but I actually found the collar startingly easy. I should really put together a tutorial on the thing...the key is functional snaps! For the jacket base, I just used a tailored suit jacket with a high neckline and no collar, so that I could add on. The skirt I didn't even use a pattern for, traced a miniskirt I own.

Good luck with the costumes!! If I manage to draw up a Celes-collar-tutorial, I'll post the link here.

Cheers,
~ O

p.s. the other folk in this thread are dead on. Modify a pre-made suit for Integral. You will be a far happier person that way! ^_^
Unread 11-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
Tiirz
Clothier of the Undead

I'm drafting custom patterns for Alucard's coat and of Seras's outfit, but I won't intersted in making them available until after the costumes made from them have been worn, and even then they'd have to be re-worked to fit different people's sizes, as well as needing to be pretty good at using patterns without instructions.

I'm willing to offer advice, however, if you have specific questions!

http://home.comcast.net/~tiirz/Neko_Bish_2.jpg
Tiirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2003, 05:03 PM   #6
Ali
Nearsighted Avenger

For Integra, I had originally intended to make my own suit, but I had a hell of a time finding a pattern and once I did (I think Burda's the only company that has one...) I couldn't find fabric. I ended up buying a suit and making a few alterations.

For Arucard, I've thought about using the Butterick priest pattern and altering it, but if you're not up for that, there's apparently a Vogue pattern that works well. I'd say just find a goodwill black suit for the rest of his costume... shouldn't be hard.
Unread 11-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #7
Jolly

i would definitly suggest a simplicity pattern, number 9474. it is a long cowgirl jacket with another skirt piece included. It is easy to add a collar to, and to adjust sleeve length, jacket length and easy to fit due to the many pieces.
here is a pic of the result with said pattern
http://www.angelfire.com/anime4/glom.../victoria.html
good luck