Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
-Edo-

Goldy's Akihabara Armour Construction Workshop

This thread is for any cosplayer out there who wants to come down and visit Goldy's Akihabara Armour Construction Workshop. We get together at least once a month and I will keep all meeting related information in the original post here.

If you have any Goldy related questions please post them in this thread. If you're thinking of coming down for the next get together or there are any change in plans let us know here too.

Links:
Youtube Channel
Goldy's Web Page
Workshop Information and Location

Next Workshop Date:
May 3rd, 2012 PM1:00-6:00
(the time and date on Goldy's web page above takes precedence)

For any further questions or if you want to confirm a meeting time, you can send Goldy an e-mail. Click on the "Workshop Information and Location" link above and you can find his e-mail address there.

Last edited by -Edo- : 05-25-2012 at 06:48 PM.
-Edo- is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
mixaka
Granter of wishes

So, these workshops are a monthly thing? I will be in Nagoya June 11th but would definitely be interested in attending a workshop in the future.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
-Edo-

Yep, they've been monthly for a while but the information was only up on his site. People voiced interest last week so its probably the easiest place to collect information here.

People have also been wondering how to get urethane and 2 way enamel for construction so we can discuss that here too. We usually set the date for the next meeting when we meet up so the July date will be decided after we get together in June.
Unread 05-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
gixxer

do have it in august as well .. i missed the one before WonFest ..
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer View Post
do have it in august as well .. i missed the one before WonFest ..
We should be having one then too, we'll have to see, maybe the same weekend or the next weekend after Comiket.
Unread 05-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
CelestialShadow

Im coming! Just let me know what time and where in tokyo.

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 04:09 AM   #7
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialShadow View Post
Im coming! Just let me know what time and where in tokyo.
OK, check the map in the original post, its about a 5 minute walk from Akihabara station, I'll get in touch closer to that time to meet up somewhere. There is usually 5-10 people there so introduce you to everyone and we'll usually go for a bite to eat after so if you've got some time come on out.
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
CelestialShadow

cool, okay I just looked at the workshop add. Do we have to work on the automail or can we bring out own projects? I dont have an armor need right now but I`d like to come and just hang, socialize and maybe bring one of my smaller projects to keep my busy.

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com

Last edited by CelestialShadow : 05-29-2011 at 09:59 AM.
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialShadow View Post
cool, okay I just looked at the workshop add. Do we have to work on the automail or can we bring out own projects? I dont have an armor need right now but I`d like to come and just hang, socialize and maybe bring one of my smaller projects to keep my busy.
Sure, come down and just hang out, you don't have to work on automail. See what everyone is doing, you may not have any ideas when you come down but may think of something while you're there. Otherwise you might think of a character that needs a weapon or some armor that you could use as a project for the next time.
Unread 05-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #10
RookBartly
Bass Playing Otaku

I'm there. I have a few projects. I need to make a helmet from Macross. Need the info on getting supplies.

"There is no coincidence in this world. There is only hitsuzen." -Yuko Ichihara
RookBartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #11
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookBartly View Post
I'm there. I have a few projects. I need to make a helmet from Macross. Need the info on getting supplies.
You can see the basic tools he uses on Goldy's web page, you might want to wait until we meet up to determine what you want to buy and what you may already have. He can get you the urethane and can point you in the right direction to pick up the 2 way enamel.
Unread 06-09-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
Shockro
The Slack is Back

I've never been to anything like this before but I'm sure I'd really benefit from it, so I'd love to go!

Is there any need to sign up or anything or should I just show up at the alloted time?
Shockro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
-Edo-

No sign up necessary just leave a message if you can make the next workshop and we can go from there. We are meeting in Akihabara today at 2:30 if you can make it.
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #14
Shockro
The Slack is Back

I can meet up at at 2:30 easily today!

Are you meeting at the building or somewhere closer to the station?
Shockro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #15
-Edo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockro View Post
I can meet up at at 2:30 easily today!

Are you meeting at the building or somewhere closer to the station?
Good to see you there Shockro! Thanks for coming out CelestialShadow and hubby, RookBartly see at a future workshop. Keep an eye out here as I will update the workshop meeting each month.

The next meeting is on July 2nd at 1pm. (the location for the June 25th date listed on Goldy's website has been moved to Tsukuba, Ibaraki) I will not be able to be there on July 2nd as I'm going to be at Japan Expo that weekend. I'll update the original post and you can find directions and information on Goldys web site. If you have any questions please send Goldy an e-mail, you can find the address on his homepage too.

Last edited by -Edo- : 06-21-2011 at 08:00 AM.