Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
RookBartly
Bass Playing Otaku

I'll try to be there on the 2nd. I might be a bit late if I can't get someone to cover for me at work that day.

"There is no coincidence in this world. There is only hitsuzen." -Yuko Ichihara
RookBartly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #17
gixxer

any workshop around 17th onwards ? I changed my plan. I will be flying off there at 14th but will kinda busy looking for a place to stay for the first few days . after that it will be two weeks of getting my new armor by WCS . i can get material here .. im stuck .. . would be nice if i can learn new ones before that time
gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
RookBartly
Bass Playing Otaku

I might be able to make it. I'm going to be stuck at work untill about 1600 (4pm). I am hoping I might be able to get out early...

"There is no coincidence in this world. There is only hitsuzen." -Yuko Ichihara
RookBartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #19
Tsumanne
History Nerd

I'll definitely swing by a workshop in the future (I need to make armor/helmet, but don't know how lol), but I already have to be in Akihabara today for my university. We're doing a small Akihabara tour for university students from overseas who are visiting this summer to study Japanese popular culture and to a lesser degree "Otakudom".

I need to pay closer attention to the forums so I can spot opportunities like this earlier. It would have been nice to have possibly arranged for the tour to swing by the workshop for about 5 minutes to show foreign university students the high levels of craftsmanship found in the Japanese cosplay scene.

Event Calendar:
Comic Market 87 - Tokyo, Japan: December

Last edited by Tsumanne : 07-01-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Tsumanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
-Edo-

Hey all, this is totally last minute but Goldy is going to be down at the Akihabara workshop on Monday August 1st so if anyone wants to come down send him a message on his e-mail or give him a call. The WCS representative team from Holland will be there too so you can meet up. I wont be in on the Monday but I am thinking particularly of Gixxer who has come in from Malaysia get in touch with Goldy and he can show you around.
-Edo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
gixxer

owh man .. edo .. im sorry to tell you but im not in Japan at the moment .. i had to went back malaysia asap a few days ago. i only will be back on 4th august..
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #22
-Edo-

Ah, thats too bad, well Goldy will be in Nagoya so you guys can meet up and we'll see if he can open things up during the weekend of comiket. Its usually pretty crazy though. When are you staying until again?
Unread 08-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #23
Shockro
The Slack is Back

DAMN! I missed the workshop on monday! I should've kept myself updated.

Well I'm here in Japan again for the month of August so please keep this updated if anything else happens, I'd love to see yourself and Goldy again, Edo. I had a lot of fun last time and it was really helpful.
Shockro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #24
-Edo-

OK, had a chance to get a day of rest after WCS stuff, really glad to see everyone that came out. We will be returning to our regular programming with Goldys workshop and the next meeting time will be <September 3, 2011 PM1:00-6:00> as you can see at the top of this thread. If you want further information please check the OP and feel free to send questions to Goldy or myself.

We can have a meeting time with everyone at the Showa Dori exit of Akihabara station or as Shockro proved last time it is navigatable with the map that Goldy provides on his web page.

Sorry about the Monday workshop Shockro, it was scheduled in the last minute so kind of tough to work out. Put 9/3 in your schedule.
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #25
Shockro
The Slack is Back

Haha, its alright Ed!
Hopefully I can make Sept. 3rd, it is all up in my schedule!
Shockro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 03:05 AM   #26
-Edo-

Nice, think of something that you would like to start working on, a prop or a weapon is a good start!
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:51 AM   #27
gixxer

3rd september ehh .. sounds good. see ya there !
Unread 08-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #28
jiraiya2point0

hi Edo, I just started watching goldy's armour tutorials. any chance when you do another set of vids you can do really extensive tutorials. I'm making kamen rider armours from craft foam and camping mats.

would any contact cement like weldwood be good on vinyls?
jiraiya2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #29
gixxer

Its next weekend ! anyone else here coming ?
Unread 09-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #30
-Edo-

There will be a bunch of people there Gixxer, give me a call, do you have my number? If not I'll PM it to you.

jiraiya2point0> Thanks for the message! We are working on the Evangelion series right now and the next few videos will be on that. The adhesive that we are using is called "G10Z Bond" in Japan, it's a quick drying bond. I'm not sure what the best adhesive is outside of Japan but we can get this at any size hardware store like Tokyu Hands or Kahma here. The main use for G10Z is to attach wall covering to drywall in houses. If you go to a large hardware store in your area and ask for that kind of an adhesive they will be able to help you out.

Ideally you could make it out to Goldy's workshop in Tokyo, that's the easiest way way to learn the building techniques. We find however detailed we make the videos there still are questions, its easiest to talk directly about specific questions.