Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 05-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
ka-san
Hey! Listen!

Portland, OR locations!

This is a thread to find good shoot spots in Portland, OR. This city is gorgeous, and I've done multiple amazing shoots around town.

To start off with, a great place is Director Park, an all-white area just a block from Pioneer Square. Since everything is white, it gives off great light for photos.

I also have a question- does anyone know of any cute cafes or restaurants that would let me do a small photoshoot in them? I feel like there might be a place in Hawthorne, but I've only been there twice and both times were a year ago.
ka-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Blackjack Gabbi
Merely a Collector

I'd also like to add in that the International Rose Test Garden (using full name to differentiate it from the "Rose Garden" which is the sports arena, although locals call both by just Rose Garden) has some very beautiful opportunities for pictures. Not just rose-filled! There's a stage there that's surrounded by grass, there's water fixtures, and so on. Even a playground very close by! And it's at the base of the Japanese Garden, too.

Also if you're willing to drive out to the suburbs, the grassy area by the Beaverton library is really beautiful. Although it's flat, so there'll be buildings in flat shots, plus there's a very busy market there twice a week, but other than that, it's a lovely area.

Last edited by Blackjack Gabbi : 06-05-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Blackjack Gabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Teepet
Hmm.... yeah.

Gah! There's a cafe that came to mind but I can't remember the name and haven't been there since I moved away! It wasn't that cute anyway, more cool.
I do have a couple of suggestions for more natural settings though:
There is of course the Chinese Garden (I've actually seen cosplay shots that were taken there before) and there's also the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden (a pdf brochure about it here)
Teepet is offline   Reply With Quote