Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #16
Darkspine29
Queen of Plantains

Yeah she's trying to hide. She has multiple emails and has not responded to a single one. I have told PayPal what is going on and while for now they won't provide me with a refund I am thinking that if enough people complain about her they will have to do something.

Unread 07-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #17
Funhouse
icon by riku sora chan

They might but I'm not sure.
Her trying to hide is only making matters worse. If she'd just man up and tell everyone what is going on, maybe some people might be nice about it. I expect to see her DA deactivated at some point, especially with her trying to hide.

Could be attending Phoenix Comic Con
Aboslutely going to San Diego Comic Con
Maybe Anime Vegas?
Sailor Jupiter, Alice, maybe steampunk?
Funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #18
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Sadly, all PayPal will do is flag her account. It will save others from getting scammed, but you won't get your money back from PayPal. I'm going through the same thing with another seller. The only way you may see that money if she doesn't send it herself is to prove some sort of fraudulent charge. Doesn't seem like that could be the case here though. Maybe try your bank. If not, banning together to pursue legal action might be an option.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
Axelai
I'm Awesome

It seems I'm the only one who got my costume. I did get a deviantART message from her on July 4th. A response to my complaints about how the costume hangs off me so awkwardly 8|

If anyone does take legal action, I'll back you up with my own story. This was supposed to be a $360 costume and the quality is lower than a chinese factory.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #20
Crimson_sword
The dangerous quiet one

I'll back you all up aswell.

Ohayocon
Crimson_sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #21
Funhouse
icon by riku sora chan

I hope she's gotten in contact with people by now. As I noticed she's pretty active on other sites. (Active as in she posted something a few mere hours ago.) I'd say where but she probably watches this forum right now.

Could be attending Phoenix Comic Con
Aboslutely going to San Diego Comic Con
Maybe Anime Vegas?
Sailor Jupiter, Alice, maybe steampunk?
Funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 01:51 AM   #22
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funhouse View Post
I hope she's gotten in contact with people by now. As I noticed she's pretty active on other sites. (Active as in she posted something a few mere hours ago.) I'd say where but she probably watches this forum right now.
She doesn't reply to my messages, nor do they come back unread/undelivered. She's ignoring them. It's pretty clear that she's done with me now and intends to refund and/or deliver jack squat.

She seems to be far more devoted to lying to people than to making their costumes ^^;

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 07-24-2011 at 02:14 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
Darkspine29
Queen of Plantains

I'm in the same boat as kiratsukai. No response to emails, or PMs, both here and on deviantart. She clearly has no intention of returning any money to anyone.
Unread 07-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #24
Miyuki Kurosawa
mew ^^

I've been following this story for quite sometime, and I actually found this post on another person's deviantart where they were calling her out about scamming her two daughters...

It's sad that we as commissioners put so much trust into someone who would scam us. I'm lucky I never commissioned her, even though I did ask for a quote. I hope something can be done about this for you all!
Miyuki Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
Crimson_sword
The dangerous quiet one

God...I just feel lucky that I got some of my money back...

Ohayocon
Crimson_sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #26
Axelai
I'm Awesome

I feel lucky that I got my costume. Even if I have to edit the shit out of it before I can use it.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
NobodyNams

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been having issues with Ashli. I got a commission from her in the past and everything went well. Back in February I asked her again to commission a Chihiro cosplay for Otakon 2011. I got it in May (scheduled time) but the seams popped and I sent it back to her to get it fixed.

It went down hill from there. At first I got responses, but something would always come up for her as to why she hadn't mailed it out. Then she stopped responding and I finally got a response last Saturday saying she would finally mail out my cosplay. I never received it and have been emailing her constantly. I had to go to Otakon with only 1 cosplay instead of 2. I am angry and disappointed.
NobodyNams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #28
Darkspine29
Queen of Plantains

Wow, there are more people than I thought who have been scammed by her. With so many people, and with that I'm assuming numerous E-Mails and PayPal invoices and payments as evidence, we might all stand to get some money back from her if we take legal action. If anyone knows anything about how to go about doing that I for one would love to know.
Unread 07-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #29
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkspine29 View Post
Wow, there are more people than I thought who have been scammed by her. With so many people, and with that I'm assuming numerous E-Mails and PayPal invoices and payments as evidence, we might all stand to get some money back from her if we take legal action. If anyone knows anything about how to go about doing that I for one would love to know.
I'm currently contacting a district attorney about a solo case on kind of the same thing on a different commissioner. If I find anything useful out, I'll let you know.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #30
kiratsukai
culture shocked

The first order of business is probably to report her to management here and see that her account is banned, preventing her from doing business in the marketplace here again.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote