Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #31
Axelai
I'm Awesome

That seems like a good idea.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2011, 11:55 PM   #32
lawnmowerelf

Wow, I hadn't realized that there were so many people having issues with her all at the same time. I originally contacted her back in March for a costume I needed for DragonCon. Early on her communication was great, but after I sent her the first half of my payment and my measurements that stopped. I haven't heard anything since May, and she's been ignoring my e-mails.
lawnmowerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #33
Surfsama
Noob with a Nikon

I'm way-out of my sandbox on this one but I can't stand scammers:

If this happened to me and I tried in good faith to get my money back without success, here is the the next step:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...s/scbasics.htm

IMO, people who do this sort of thing hurt the community more than they realize or perhaps they just don't care.
Surfsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #34
kiratsukai
culture shocked

The question is, are any of us out of more than $30 and in California? I'm pretty sure Small Claims Court is handled by the state courts and that the travel to a hearing out of state would cost more than the final payout.

If someone IS in California, then I would DEFINATELY like to see them go for it.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 08-03-2011 at 06:40 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #35
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
The question is, are any of us out of more than $30 and in California? I'd pretty sure Small Claims Court is handled by the state courts and that the travel to a hearing out of state would cost more than the final payout.

If someone IS in California, then I would DEFINATELY like to see them go for it.
I am, but I'm one of the few people who actually got my costume.

I know for a fact Loserific is in LA.

Unread 08-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #36
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I am, but I'm one of the few people who actually got my costume.

I know for a fact Loserific is in LA.
That's probably why you got yours. /scurries back off to lurking

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #37
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowchrist View Post
That's probably why you got yours. /scurries back off to lurking
Probably. Though I guess she forgot that the box she sent me has her return address. So I do have that if I ever have an issue.

EDIT: And now that I posted on her deviantART front page she should stop ignoring people... she has someone white knighting her and bitching at me XD;; Mature.

Last edited by Axelai : 08-04-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #38
Formalhaut
Adepta Sororitas

for those wondering, she attends cosplay events in the los angeles area. I know for a FACT she was at a picnic I attended, maybe confronting her in person would be a good idea? ^^; Im super glad I never commissioned her, but since Ive seen her around I figured I would pass the info on. she has a group : http://www.facebook.com/LACosplayAlliance?sk=info
and a website: http://www.lacosplayalliance.com/

sorry Im not more help. good luck!
Yuna
Velvet

custom viera ears here!
Formalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #39
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
EDIT: And now that I posted on her deviantART front page she should stop ignoring people... she has someone white knighting her and bitching at me XD;; Mature.
Actually Axelai, I have never spoken a word to loserriffic much less know her, so drop the whiteknight title. I just happened to click a link and noticed you trying to play law officer and making up BS stories that cosplay.com members are annoying you. Which I find actually quite odd considering that if these so called people are "annoying" you, you would simply just block them and go along your merry way. But then we all know that would take some spotlight off you and you just can't have that.

Quote:
If anyone does take legal action, I'll back you up with my own story. This was supposed to be a $360 costume and the quality is lower than a chinese factory.
Yes everyone that PMed Axelai to allegedly "join them in the lawsuit". Did you know as ,per her DA comment on loserriffics page, you are annoying Axelai? As You guys should stop being mean to her, disturbing her hard work and being a general annoyance to Axelai!

I don't like when people get scammed, but i hate when people try to use others misfortune to gain attention. Pretty much what your doing here axel. Being two faced is not helping the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
maybe confronting her in person would be a good idea?
Confronting her in person is only going to net you one of two things. She outright ignores you and she eventually calls the cops or she gives you an excuse story walks away and you are still out of your money. If you are all going to get this lawsuit going as you claim, do it instead of talking about it. A lawsuit and summons to court is usually more then enough to get people to settle before it even gets to court.

Last edited by evaunit01berser : 08-04-2011 at 05:01 PM.
evaunit01berser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #40
Eleksin
Eleksin

Eva wtf. Why do you always have to start shit storms? Stop attacking people for god's sake. It's Axelai's choice to leave a message on her DA page, you don't have to dissect her post and criticize her for it.
Toph Bei Fong- Fire Nation vers
Armin Arlert- Bunny girl vers
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #41
kiratsukai
culture shocked

It seems that Ashli just hides the comments related to undelivered commissions anyway. There's no use fighting over it.

At this stage. Everyone who isn't in California or has recieved a costume has probably done what they can. If more people surface and more money gets involved, it may be worthwhile to do more. In the meantime I think we just need to sit tight, listen to the stories that surface, tell folks to keep the feedback coming and make sure other people don't end up in the same situation we're currently in.

At least if we stay on this, we can see that it's very hard (if not impossible) for her to comission again. If she shows up with the refunds, we should be willing to move in the other direction: forgive her and help her clean up her act.

In the end, we're out money. She's out a business.

Being mean to someone who's already run off with several thousand dollars probably isn't going to inspire them to dole out refunds :/ If they cared how we felt, they'd not have run off with the money in the first place.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 08-04-2011 at 05:47 PM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #42
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
Eva wtf. Why do you always have to start shit storms? Stop attacking people for god's sake. It's Axelai's choice to leave a message on her DA page, you don't have to dissect her post and criticize her for it.
Oh so your defending her actions of being two faced, acting like she is helping people here, but calls them annoying in a different site.

Here, let me show you why I am calling her out
http://comments.deviantart.com/4/6249839/2119082023

Don't like it, go hide in a corner.

Last edited by evaunit01berser : 08-04-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #43
Eleksin
Eleksin

I already saw it, thanks. Also I wasn't defending what she said, I was asking why you always have to get in other people's business despite you not having a part in it.You said you have never talked to loserific before, and yet you feel the need to put Axelai down no matter what. Telling her to "commission a muzzle" is going way too far. You say you are a brutally honest critic, but really you just want an excuse to be a complete dick to other people. Yeah, it might not have been the nicest thing for Axelai to say, but you don't know the exact circumstances that brought her to say it.

Now, I think it's time for both of us to leave this thread since we have nothing to do with it.
Toph Bei Fong- Fire Nation vers
Armin Arlert- Bunny girl vers
Eleksin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
rchcc122
Gotta respect the gear.

*sorta stalks in*

Uh, Eva, I didn't get that she was telling you that everyone here was annoying her. In fact, I read that the dishonesty from Ashli she was reading about was annoying her and so that was why she commented on DA. Not the people. Ashli was annoying her.

*lurks back out*
Sango (InuYasha- 0%), Kaito Jeanne (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne- 10%), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon- 20%), Cowboy!America (Hetalia- 50%), Rainbow Brite (Rainbow Brite- 10%), Railgun (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Index - 10%)

Facebook- Almost to 100 likes!

Arizona cosplayer?
rchcc122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #45
evaunit01berser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleksin View Post
I already saw it, thanks. Also I wasn't defending what she said, I was asking why you always have to get in other people's business despite you not having a part in it.You said you have never talked to loserific before, and yet you feel the need to put Axelai down no matter what. Telling her to "commission a muzzle" is going way too far. You say you are a brutally honest critic, but really you just want an excuse to be a complete dick to other people. Yeah, it might not have been the nicest thing for Axelai to say, but you don't know the exact circumstances that brought her to say it.

Now, I think it's time for both of us to leave this thread since we have nothing to do with it.
Thank you, tell me when you get that psychology degree done, since you seem to think you know everything about me. You want to find the reason why put her down? Do some research. Start by looking in my post list. Maybe you will find the reason why. Till then, you have no idea. Want to find out the reason faster, IM me. Till prove that you looked it up, i'm not even paying you any attention.

world isen't speshul snow flakes and sugar, don't like it, told you before, go hide in a corner.

Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchcc122 View Post
*sorta stalks in*

Uh, Eva, I didn't get that she was telling you that everyone here was annoying her. In fact, I read that the dishonesty from Ashli she was reading about was annoying her and so that was why she commented on DA. Not the people. Ashli was annoying her.

*lurks back out*
I'll be nicer to you then I've been with other people. But please re-read what I linked. She said, people on here are annoying her with messages, not loserriffic.

Last edited by evaunit01berser : 08-04-2011 at 11:37 PM.