Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 06-02-2011, 02:56 AM   #16
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras
 
KnightShade007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 239
Oh I forgot....

Dancing: I get a 4 out of 10 stars. I can only really "step" and "salsa."

Karaoke: Now THAT is a different story! I get a solid 9.2 out of 10. I'm a beast!
__________________
"A dream is a sketch before the paint is applied." Greg Evans
KnightShade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #17
kiratsukai
culture shocked
 
kiratsukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,802
I'm outside the party drinking beer on the curb and talking about how ridiculous the Marvel multiverse has gotten and how American comic storylines are undermined by their different authors calling up different easy-to-hock fanwank for every single storyline.

All the cool people are with me, of course.

And by cool I mean -- all of the people who keep their comic books in pastic covers filed in alphabetical order.
__________________
Basement Sale: Touhou: Mokou costume, clearfiles/shitajiki, NeoRomance/Angelique artbook, etc.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #18
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras
 
KnightShade007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
I'm outside the party drinking beer on the curb and talking about how ridiculous the Marvel multiverse has gotten and how American comic storylines are undermined by their different authors calling up different easy-to-hock fanwank for every single storyline.

All the cool people are with me, of course.

And by cool I mean -- all of the people who keep their comic books in pastic covers filed in alphabetical order.
I just don't understand why Cable, Apocalypse, Psylocke, Onslaught, and some other X-Men characters haven't made it into a movie yet. Oh and in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, that Gambit wasn't really that awesome. He should of done more card throwing, and should of had a stronger cajin accent.
__________________
"A dream is a sketch before the paint is applied." Greg Evans
KnightShade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #19
kiratsukai
culture shocked
 
kiratsukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade007 View Post
I just don't understand why Cable, Apocalypse, Psylocke, Onslaught, and some other X-Men characters haven't made it into a movie yet. Oh and in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, that Gambit wasn't really that awesome. He should of done more card throwing, and should of had a stronger cajin accent.
What the heck is Emma Frost doing in the new movie at all?
__________________
Basement Sale: Touhou: Mokou costume, clearfiles/shitajiki, NeoRomance/Angelique artbook, etc.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:24 AM   #20
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras
 
KnightShade007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
What the heck is Emma Frost doing in the new movie at all?
The White Queen. Psh...yeah, she's really random.

Master Mold would also make an awesome villain!
__________________
"A dream is a sketch before the paint is applied." Greg Evans
KnightShade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #21
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.
 
hollowchrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 676
See. I always thought Emma Frost was related to Mister Freeze. /Comic fail

But wasn't his girlfriend named Emma? Or something? D:
__________________
costume plans?!

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning


eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #22
kiratsukai
culture shocked
 
kiratsukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowchrist View Post
See. I always thought Emma Frost was related to Mister Freeze. /Comic fail

But wasn't his girlfriend named Emma? Or something? D:
Nora actually...

*stabs nearest Snow*

And we have come full-circle...
__________________
Basement Sale: Touhou: Mokou costume, clearfiles/shitajiki, NeoRomance/Angelique artbook, etc.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:34 AM   #23
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras
 
KnightShade007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowchrist View Post
See. I always thought Emma Frost was related to Mister Freeze. /Comic fail

But wasn't his girlfriend named Emma? Or something? D:
I think you're right about the second part.

Emma Frost: Marvel
Mrs Freeze: DC

Edit: Nevermind! Nora Freeze. That's her name. Thanks kiratsukai
__________________
"A dream is a sketch before the paint is applied." Greg Evans

Last edited by KnightShade007 : 06-02-2011 at 03:42 AM.
KnightShade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:42 AM   #24
kiratsukai
culture shocked
 
kiratsukai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,802
Emma has a cold name... but her powers actually have nothing to do with ice *shrug*

My beef isn't with how awesome she is or isn't (I love Emma). But that the timeline doesn't work... even with the movie the same exact studio JUST PUT OUT (which ~already~ screwed up Emma's timeline and backstory)!!! How is Emma even ~alive~ during First Class?!?!
__________________
Basement Sale: Touhou: Mokou costume, clearfiles/shitajiki, NeoRomance/Angelique artbook, etc.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #25
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye
 
Yui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,141
Dude, I've *had* cosplay.com parties and they weren't anything like this. @_@ They were like…actually educational.

…but if the above scenario was actually what was going down, then I'd be the one hanging with all the other old people who cart around ponies and robots in their purses - and after we noticed that there was smoking and alcohol, we would have relocated to a separate location where we could play creepy old retro games &/or have a sober MST marathon…although probably stopping for a few minutes to agree with the Marvel issues.
__________________
Organized.
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:51 AM   #26
shortsheik
Registered User
 
shortsheik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
I'm outside the party drinking beer on the curb and talking about how ridiculous the Marvel multiverse has gotten and how American comic storylines are undermined by their different authors calling up different easy-to-hock fanwank for every single storyline.

All the cool people are with me, of course.

And by cool I mean -- all of the people who keep their comic books in pastic covers filed in alphabetical order.
*sheepishly raises hand*

I do... Alphabetical by series, then sorted within by number, boarded, bagged, and boxed.

I'm not a big DC fan, but I believe it's actually Nora Frieze. Freeze being a play on their real last name and the ice thing.

I'm on the curb drinking as well, and bugging my friend to google these details on his smart phone. Though I periodically run into the bar to bat my eyes in an attempt to score free drinks.

Last edited by shortsheik : 06-02-2011 at 03:55 AM.
shortsheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:52 AM   #27
KnightShade007
Emperor of Fedoras
 
KnightShade007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
Emma has a cold name... but her powers actually have nothing to do with ice *shrug*

My beef isn't with how awesome she is or isn't (I love Emma). But that the timeline doesn't work... even with the movie the same exact studio JUST PUT OUT (which ~already~ screwed up Emma's timeline and backstory)!!! How is Emma even ~alive~ during First Class?!?!
Okay, I'm hanging with you during parties. You're kool.

You have to understand that Hollywood likes to screw up Marvel movies somewhat.

And yeah she turns as hard as crystal, and telekinesis. She doesn't have cryokinesis which she should because her last name is "Frost."

OH! Where the crap is Scarlet Witch, Polaris, and Quicksilver????
__________________
"A dream is a sketch before the paint is applied." Greg Evans
KnightShade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:53 AM   #28
cactusmomma
Let's play!
 
cactusmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,591
I'd be the bartender.

I cosplay one, I hold a license to legally serve as one, I do it at con parties anyways.. so why not?
__________________
http://cactusmomma.deviantart.com/ Beginning again.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 05:00 AM   #29
RickyFromVegas
Cosplaying Photographer
 
RickyFromVegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,129
I'll be climbing in your windows, and snatch your party-goers up.
So you best be hiding them.
RickyFromVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 05:32 AM   #30
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui View Post
Dude, I've *had* cosplay.com parties and they weren't anything like this. @_@ They were like…actually educational.

…but if the above scenario was actually what was going down, then I'd be the one hanging with all the other old people who cart around ponies and robots in their purses - and after we noticed that there was smoking and alcohol, we would have relocated to a separate location where we could play creepy old retro games &/or have a sober MST marathon…although probably stopping for a few minutes to agree with the Marvel issues.
...I'd go to your parties.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that’s horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it’s nothing. It’s just bibble-babble. It’s like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.