Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 06-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Minuteman

Class of 2011

Most of us seniors have either graduated already or are graduating within the next couple of weeks. Well, that's it, that's the end of high school for us seniors. So I am making this thread for those of us who just graduated or are about to, and we can discuss what it's like, what you miss about high school, share memories, and just about anything else here.

Personally I have mixed feelings about this. One part of me is glad to finally be going out into the world as an independent adult, but another part of me is sad from never again being able to walk down these halls again, seeing all my friends at the same time, or experience all of the things I experienced before. At this point I even miss 7th & 8th grade to quite an extent.

So what are you doing after high school everyone? I'm going to college in early 2012 and going to get a job. I'm also going to finish Final Fantasy VIII and once I'm done with that, I'm going to beat every single Final Fantasy game in chronological order from I to XIII, excluding XI and XIV which are MMOs. What about you?
Minuteman is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
sans_voir
Allmighty thread killer.

I'll bite. Warning: Long winded.

I graduated from a tiny private school after, erm, a /forced exit/ from public school, so it will definitely be weird moving back into a larger environment. Definitely going to miss my classmates- I was the only girl and kind of got used to just being "one of the boys." High school post-move was pretty awesome for me, actually.

My school was based around the trivium, so it was way unconventional- we didn't focus on cramming down facts; rather, we focused on analyzing information, understanding culture and epistemics, and stuff like that. I mean, we took three years of Koine Greek, two philosophy classes a day- one for apologetics, one for offensive debate- and all sorts of other random stuff. It definitely changed my life- it was the little Christian school or military school for me, and I am so glad I chose the former. I was totally convinced I would hate it, I mean, really despise it, but I was so surprised and really got an appreciation for that religion and the people who practice it even if I myself don't agree.

As for the this summer, I landed a super awesome job cold calling for a stock broking firm... whee! Karma is going to get me in the butt for screwing with all those telemarketers... I also work part time as a stable manager because I show horses and have to pay for that hobby somehow- I have a weird mix of interests, I guess. Unfortunately, I am putting my mare up for sale after this season because I hate leeching off my parents and it is just getting too expensive for me to support independently.

Uhm, what else, what else. I don't know. I have a growing interest in the paranormal after a few instances in my family over the past few weeks, and my mom is a local historian/children's mystery author so I have grown up around a lot of amazing, tinfoil-wearing folks. (She actually goes to conventions with me sometimes because she likes whatever guest authors are there/seeing how the industry works.) Also, there is a spiritualist camp a few towns over, so I am trying not to play with fire here but it is getting too fascinating to ignore. I never thought about it, but I guess life in this sleepy town can be interesting.

And of course, college. Local state college for my associate's and then moving to a university. I love learning and want my doctorate in whatever field... now to figure out what I love... hmmm.

tl;dr- Private school grad going to local college, selling horse, lots of video games and cold calling. I swear, if you read this you deserve a medal.