Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Thumbs up Post your Original Character cosplays!

Hooopaaaaaahh~

I've always liked to see the original characters people come up with and thus I created this thread so it would be easier to find everyone who've done an OC or perhaps ten!
The point of this thread would be to link to your OC's here, probably give out a little info about your experiences with said costume and just talk about in progress OC's and so forth.

----

I've recently created my first OC myself. I had a blast with my friend the last weekend!
We went out in the cold (brrrr... winter in Finland brr...) to snap some pics~
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/343193/
I'll certainly do more OC's in the future, it was so much fun!

Okey, sorry if a thread like this exists...

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
??? ??? (?? 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Well, I don't really do original characters so much as original designs. I don't really have a backstory to go with them, just a concept and some clothes.

1898 Hogwarts uniform. Worn at the past two Dragon Cons, always goes over well.

1866 ball gown/ Worn at D*C 09, very fun, though unwieldy to wear. Currently retired because it's far below what my standards are now and could have been done better :/

steampunk jedi

Lenore Technically based on Edgar Allen Poe poems, but I consider it to be in the same category because all Poe really said about her was that she was very pretty and very dead.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
Aurora's Heart

Alpha-love the steampunk Jedi. Never would have thought of that. Your other designs are good as well.

As for me, I've was inspired by a little known singing group to create an original costume for World Con 2008. It was fun to make and I was able to try my hand at beading and making a barrett. I'll probably tweek it a little, but for the most part it's done. A lot of people loved it and it was a huge hit at the con. It seemed to bring out a part of my personality I didn't know existed.

Dragon Wine Lady
Unread 12-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
DarkChaos
SCAD Sequential Student

So far I've done two of my OCs, two versions of one of them You can see them both in my costumes list. I'm planning on doing Celestrial's Beserker form some time, and I'm thinking about re-doing DarkChaos He definitely looks better than when I did his cosplay many years ago XP

Ohnah the Shadow (original character) (60% complete) (Progress currently on hold)

Up-Coming Con(s):

AWA: Might be attending.
DarkChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My medieval Countess, which took ten months of work because I insisted on making my own illuminated manuscript girdle book and I hand-embroidered a massive cloak....

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/273272/
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:23 AM   #6
rionaze
me want shrimp tempura!!!

I'm a designer myself and I'm pretty into visual kei, I like to combine them with my local culture, and as cheap as possible ^^a

Btw I'm the blue one

This one came up when I want to cosplay as "something VERY blue, visual kei-ish with wings and techno goth vibe, can be done fast and cheap"
and everyone at Con call me "blue vampire queen" ^^a
rionaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
Annwyn
Daisy Viktoria

Lately, I do more Original costumes than anything else. (Though if you count historical garb, that's always been the case.)
Most of my recent galleries are original costumes: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m17496/

But you can see way more on my website (For instance, I haven't posted any historical pieces on cosplay.com): http://www.daisyviktoria.com
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Wow, thank you everyone for posting here!
Keep 'em coming, I love to check them out and I hope everyone else do too!

Btw, I added more pics of my OC cosplay, Yuuto, yesterday! Feel free to have a look! Comments are much appreciated also~

Spread the love!
Thank you for participating in the thread!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
??? ??? (?? 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
lily.young

This is a original costume I made in Oct.
I wanna act the costume as a lovely girl mix with Japanese—Chinese style(I mean the outfit I wear)
lily.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
shadowbeam
Living for the cosplay

wow...alot of these are so stunning! I think OC design is so difficult, and I love to see so much creativity! I've been thinking about designing my own OC and this has just encouraged me ^^
I'll be watching this thread from now!
shadowbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:52 PM   #11
Kiotoko_Solo
HEY! LIS-.. *shot*

I have a ton of OCs. One that I've actually transformed from my rave outfit was my OC Virus XD she's REALLY popular at Raves at cons, and surprisingly a lot of my normal cons, people recognize me in it and the character since I have comics and t shirt designs of her and her other OC friends O_o I had normal people from hotel staff want pictures with me XDDD;;

Then I have another costume which is a Satyr I've worn for years at renn fairs, Never really settled on a name, however people dubbed me The Satyr (how original right? lol) and I can't even walk 5ft without someone at the fair stopping me and wanting a picture, some people even come and pet me O_o which is kinda creepy XDD;;

Awards won:
MechaCon IV Cosplay Contest: Best in Show
LouisiANIME Cosplay Contest: Best Craftsmanship Award
LouisiANIME Ball Room Contets: 3rd and 2nd place
Animania April 2010: 1st Place
Kiotoko_Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

I love this thread so far. ^_^. It's so interesting to see what kind of characters people come up with.

I actually have an OC I would love to cosplay at some point in the future. I just want to wait until I get better at sewing so I can make her outfit perfect.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
Amanita

Here's a couple of mine:
First up- the Skyscraper. This one is the living incarnation of a skyscraper- note the headdress, which was an architectural model for my head, pretty much. The holographic shimmer fabric actually had its pattern applied in little squares, kinda like windowpanes. As for the wings, they were meant to suggest the silver mirror-glass facade of a building, peeled back to reveal the living being underneath. I also wore 4" platform boots for this outit.
Unfortunately the pics aren't the greatest- my makeup didn't turn out well at all, and I forgot to take off the purse I was carrying some essentials in. I should have taken the glasses off too, ack.

Next up is the Mackinac Bridge. I apologize for the poor quality of these pics- they were taken at a halloween party. My belt alone incorporated several bridge features- the stiffening trusses of the deck on the aprons, and the main cables and suspender ropes, not to mention cable lighting. I also wore a dreadlock wig to suggest cables for hair, and an authentic souvenir Mackinac Bridge hat, which didn't wanna stay in place when people photographed it. If you look at the chest of my costume, you'll notice the latticework pattern of the towers is reproduced there too.

Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #14
sephygoth
Hater lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post

I've always liked to see the original characters
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
We went out in the cold (brrrr... winter in Finland brr...)
=
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1349589/
good thread
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #15
~H~
Original H

Fun thread idea! I love seeing everyone's photos ^_^.

Here are some of mine:

~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote