Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Unread 06-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
VergofTowels

Buying Grell Cosplay - Help is Nice

Hello! I'm new here and relatively new to cosplaying so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to buy a good Grell costume for (hopefully) not too much money. I'm not adept enough at sewing to make it myself.

So far, I found this outfit (which I liked the look of): Here. This site isn't one I've used before. Anyone here used Fan Plus Friend? I think this one will end up being expensive with shipping.

Otherwise, I was planning on using the Hellocosplay costume: Here. I've heard mixed reviews about Hellocosplay. If anyone has bought this costume, I'd love if you could give me a short description/point me to a review.

HelloCosplay also has a wig I was eyeing: Here. And they have custom-made Grell shoes, too, though I'm fairly wary about buying those (Here.).

The costume doesn't need to be fantastically well made, but would need to be decently sturdy. Any suggestions would be great. I'm not pressed for time, so I wanted to scope it out first. Thank you!
VergofTowels is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
acostory
Draw!

My friend commissioned LUMBERJACKED! to make her Ciel robin outfit, and it turned out looking absolutely amazing, and very durable, too! Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth it so much.

Hellocosplay I would not recommend because their service lately has been.... to put it bluntly, crap.

For less than FPF, you could get CosMonde's costume here. They are very nicely made, and I highly recommend them.

If you want cheap, but still well made, I'd try here: http://www.cosplay fu.com/product/Gureru+Sutcliffe+Costume+from+Kuroshitsuji (Just remove the space). You get exactly what it pictured, and it is of good quality. Not the best, but still pretty good.
acostory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
VergofTowels

Thank you for the suggestions! I did really like the FPF costume, so I'm glad someone else had a good experience with them.
VergofTowels is offline   Reply With Quote