Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 07-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #16
Sango12592
Nana Firus

I also recommend the first pattern that Cyrennia pointed out, mainly because it's the same one I used. All it need is a bit of shortening and that top "flair" he has sticking up. I think I used view "D" and I cut off the length I didn't need and I'm using it as the pieces I'm embroidering on.

As for the design on his pants, I do believe I have a head start on everybody. I made a mock up pattern of the design and then went back and made it more precise. This is only a rough pencil sketch and isn't much good for a pattern, but if someone has one of those programs that can turn a drawing into contour lines, then it's a good base:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3004629/

This one is the mirrored version so that it fits together better. The only problem is that it becomes too long to print out.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3004630/

Anyone is free to use my pattern as long as they don't take credit for it.

And to anyone thinking of hand embroidering, just be warned that it'll take forever xD I have close to 15 hours clocked in and this is how far I've gotten:
http://sango12592.deviantart.com/art...-WIP-245047953

The method I used was an iron on printable sheets you can get from a craft store. They usually only come with 3-4 sheets, which wont be enough in my opinion. But the one I used is not one that transfers the design over but rather irons on the piece you print out, so I had to do some cutting before I could attach it. But I like this method because it gives it strength and makes it pop up from the fabric a little better.

I'll update if I think of anything new, but I have to ask, what is everyone's thoughts on the metal jewelry/ accessories?

Bee - Battle Suit (Bee and Puppycat) - 80%

Other Cosplays:

Princess Cadance "Mi Amore Cadenza" (My Little Pony) - 0%

Viola (Soul Calibur V) - 5%
Sango12592 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
Trinitykeyblade

wow... you have my respect for the embroidery- I just don't have the patience. Since I'm a guy in Grade 12 and thus have little time, I'm fabric painting the pattern onto individual strips for his shirt (BTW: I've recently been on a fabric painting spree for my art exhibition floor XD It was a stained glass KH styled one), the pants border I have a braiding strip thingy that's VERY simlar to his, so I'm using that... about the jewelery: I'm using those round Chinese coins with the square hole in it to make his necklace and belt. painting them silver- the design on them isn't the same, but it gives the neatest and quickest effect without looking out of place. also, they come in a small and larger size, so it works his square belt buckle I'm using my own belt with a plain rectangular buckle and using paint liners and antique rub to creat the design.. hope that helps!
Trinitykeyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
Sango12592
Nana Firus

I know it's been 3 months since my I last posted about it and no one seems all that interested in this costume anymore, but I would just like to announce that I've finished one of the embroidery designs just now.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3084665/

Tell me what you think. Pretty close?

Other Cosplays:

Unread 10-28-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Trinitykeyblade

That looks Great! it's really accurate too... you've got alot of patience/skill/awsomeness... I had to make a Lenne cosplay in two days for my sister's friend a while ago so in the rush had to use the only PERFECT pants fabric I had for Noel, So I've been working on FFXIII-2 Hope coz I have a jacket to edit :P I'm writing my Final grade 12 exams, too, so I'm hoping to get a chance to visit the fabric shops afterwards and find that fabric again! It's good to see others making progress though! (n_n) on the upside, I've grown out my hair to cosplay both him and Dissidia Dancer Bartz just gotta dye it :P anywho, great work!
Unread 11-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #20
Sango12592
Nana Firus

I'm still kinda disappointed that no one else really seems to be tackling this costume but me, but I guess that just means I'll be the first at something for once in my life hehe. Anyways, I've spent the last to days holed up in my room constantly working on my costumes and I finally got somewhere with the shirt:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3107096/

It's still needs some work and I have yet to add the shoulder bits or the design on the back. Speaking of which, if anyone has a good pic of the back design, I would much appreciate to see it, since I've been mulling over it for weeks on ho to tackle it.

But yeah, thought I'd share my progress.

Other Cosplays:

Unread 11-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #21
Trinitykeyblade

http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-conte...03-590x332.jpg

I have a bigger one of that printed out but I can't find it on google- anyways, all of my pieces are being fabric painted individually and sewn together to mock embroidery, so I''l prob do that for the wings as well... the etro script is prob gnna be embroidered straight on to to top (I'm using one of those rash vests for swimming since it's got the tight rubbery look like noel's)... I'm still translating the script, but if you wanna try yourself, they have the whole alphabet on th final fantasy wiki yeah, I just finished my final matric exams this past monday, so i'm finally free- all the pieces are made just gotta sew them together- what are you making the brown shoulder straps from?
nice work btw, can't wait to see it finished
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #22
Sango12592
Nana Firus

Thanks for the pic. Yeah, it's gunna be a tough one to translate. Wish they'd release more pictures. As for the straps, I figured I'd just use some spare pleather I have lying around from my old costumes. Seems this costume uses a lot pleather/leather lol

Other Cosplays:

Unread 11-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #23
Trinitykeyblade

yeah, it does... I was *trying* to avoid doing the same (I've been using nutin but leather recently and my fingers hate me for it) but I guess I'll just suck it up :P I just noticed his back dagger has etro scrip on it too- and I can't see it in my pics DX I'm gnna have to go screen-hunting again... btw, for you or anyone else here, here's how to translate the etro script: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...o_alphabet.png
don't be shocked when it doesn't make sense- it translates into latin which then has to be translated to english lol... wish I knew that the first time
Unread 11-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #24
Sango12592
Nana Firus

Lol yeah, thanks. I actually found a forum where some people had figured out all the lines on the shirt except for the majority of the second. And I have to admit I'm having quite a lot of trouble as well. Luckily I'm not making the knife, but some people figured out parts of it:
PER ______ STATAM__
ITER FACERE ET NAM SPEI
INVENIRE

I'm gunna focus more on the shirt for now though and see if I can find a clearer pic >.<

Other Cosplays:

Unread 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

Anyone trying his weapon(s)? I read that the gold sword can be fitted inside the firey one, and can also be attached so it becomes a spear? WTF? I'm thinking of doing this one late next year, so not really looking to start construction until early next year after the game release, so i'll be keeping an eye on this forum to steal all your ideas. Do you think they're doing transforming weapons to kill us? Even Serah's bow tranforms into a sword XD Fang's weapon nearly did my head in getting it to work and break apart and swing the blades around, and i don't think anyone actually worked out a non-magic way of getting lightning's gunblade to transform properly.
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #26
Sango12592
Nana Firus

Since the costume I'm making is for my friend, she's in charge of her own weapon, so I'm no help in that department. But the transforming weapons aren't impossible. My last costume was Lightning from the first game and I managed to make one that transforms between gun and sword.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2887010/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3111347/
It took a year of planning and hand-carving, but I can say these things are most definitely possible.

Other Cosplays:

Unread 12-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #27
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

So I'm back to tackling this costume again. Dumped an old project for this one, more or less it was Noel's Assassin's Creed DLC that spiked the interest again. Although I'm still sitting staring at my 13-2 Lightning... all I have is feathers.

ANYWAY.

I'm going be back to figuring out the mechanism in Noel's weapon. Once I figure out Fang and Vanille's weapons first. (need them done for the end of January. Been fiddling with mouse traps on Fang's blades xD) It's just the way the blades fold in when he pushes out the sword. I really need to see proper gameplay on it.

The Ulitmania comes out in January, we'll find out more.

Commander Shepard (ME3 - Sentinel) Progress:80%
Commander Shepard (ME - Infiltrator) Progress:15%

Shouri no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #28
Trinitykeyblade

just got back from asia but I remember just before I left while making this costume i was watching trailers and figured out how his sword transforms... I'll sketch it out when I have energy if anyone wants ( I wasn't gnna make it but it looks so fun...) just don't ask for any other weapon than his standard... o.o I got confused :P on the up side, I've made all the patterned pieces and shirt and pants, just gotta sew em all together. also got a whole lotta those chinese coins from Phuket to make into his belt and necklace
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #29
Simetra
Weapon Master :D

For those who are making his weapon, i worked out how he slings it on his back (if you didn't notice it already): there is a silver bit/slit thingy on his right shoulder in this pic: (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy...h_at_night.jpg hopefully works?) that must correspond to a knobby bit on his weapon. I guess it works like one of those door chains.
Which would explain why they put those seemingly useless bits of leather over his shoulders.
Planned Cosplays: Ember Island Players Ty Lee (Avatar), Ma Chao (DW7), Brienne (GoT), Adult Toph (Avatar), Daria, Some surprise ones?

Last edited by Simetra : 12-13-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: wanted to add more :)
Simetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #30
Trinitykeyblade

hey guys, I drew a plan of how Noel's weapon transforms- I can visualize it but it was hard to show, so it's just colour coded :P I promise I'm not this bad at drawing- I'm just REALLY lazy/tired (seriously, you can check my other work to judge) :/ sorry... but I hope this makes sense. the only thing is I can't figure out a way to make the weapon transform automatically- you'd have to manually transform it o.O anyway, I hope this is of some use to somebody out there~
http://eternitykeyblade.deviantart.c...apon-274024192
BTW it's not accurate in details/proportions, but it shows the flame pieces well enough to see the transformation