Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #151
trustychords
Bountylicious

I have my lobe's pierced and my nose. That's the furthest I want to go as far as piercings go, I think. I used to want tattoos, but I'm not interested in them that much anymore.

LoL group {tbc}
trustychords is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #152
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

I don't have any piercings, I don't want any and I think ear stretching is the most ridiculous craze ever and it doesn't look attractive in any case whatsoever. I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to stretch their ears.

Hey, before anyone jumps on me for that, it's just my opinion. I don't hold anything against anyone who stretches their ears and I have some friends who do so, I just dislike it personally.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi

Last edited by ToroSonyCat : 06-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #153
Synbios
L'cie

Ah, I've gauged my ears to 4g and honestly don't feel like going lower at the moment, but I wanna hit 00 and stop there since I'm not sure if your ears can naturally heal after you take them out beyond that. I also have a lip ring and a tattoo of the L'cie mark from Final Fantasy XIII on my forearm. I do take the lip ring and gauges out for cosplay if I feel like it doesn't go with the character though.
Synbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #154
SeleneHino
Selene Vakarian

I have two piercing in my ears, I'm thinking of getting snake bites or my eyebrow pierced. Then a tattoo of a Prussian blue crescent and a set of red eyes in the middle of it for Sesshomaru then a number 3 for Tia Harribel
SeleneHino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #155
Curucar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...y/IMG_9069.jpg
My right ear, currently. 0ga*, 10ga, and 12ga lobes. Then my helix was dermal punched at 10ga, 6ga, 10ga. My left ear just has my lobes done, though I'll be adding a 14ga rook soon.

If you're looking for a larger-gauge helix piercing, I'd HIGHLY reccommend dermal punching. The healing process has been a breeze (I went through it twice, there was no way that I was getting 3 done at once) and you don't have the blunt-force trauma you get with a needle.

*wearing 4ga in the photo with 10mm flares. But they're DINOSAUR BONE plugs.

Then a 10ga navel, and 5 tattoos (to be 6 come monday).
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #156
Tealeafy
Time Traveler in Training

I'm still trying to find my courage and finally get my ears pierced. I feel like such a baby for being afraid of a small prick from a tiny little needle, but I can't help it. I would also love to get a cartilage piercing, but if I can't even handle getting my ears pierced in the first place I'd never be able to handle that.

Planning:
Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Kaylee Frye (Firefly)

Next Conventions:
ConnectiCon 2013
✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Last edited by Tealeafy : 06-23-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Tealeafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #157
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A properly done piercing hurts no worse than a flu shot.:P Though your ears will be pretty damn tender for a few days afterward (every time I had them pierced, I slept on a travel pillow to keep pressure from the pillow/my head on it off of my ears. But they say to avoid laying flat on them for a few days, anyway- big advantage if you sleep on your back).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #158
Tealeafy
Time Traveler in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
A properly done piercing hurts no worse than a flu shot.:P Though your ears will be pretty damn tender for a few days afterward (every time I had them pierced, I slept on a travel pillow to keep pressure from the pillow/my head on it off my ears ).
I guess I'm just letting my fear blow this whole thing out of proportion. Even though I've become much better with getting shots, the thought of a needle going through my skin is still intimidating. The tenderness doesn't really worry me, but thanks for filling me in. ^^

Planning:
Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Kaylee Frye (Firefly)

Next Conventions:
ConnectiCon 2013
✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
Tealeafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #159
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Some parlours will give you topical anesthetic, as well, if you ask nicely. (It's a standard for some less-normal piercings, but for stuff like ears and eyebrows, you gotta request it.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #160
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

It's really not that bad. Lobes are sooo painless, unless you get them done by the piercing gun. That hurt like a bitch. ><
There are some piercings that hurt more than others, like some cartilage piercings, but for the most part it's more or less the clamp that hurts, and that's just because it pinches. Though I'm not sure if they use a clamp for lobes.. I pierced my first holes with a safety pin XD
Unread 06-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #161
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I think it's up to the piercer with lobes. Some prefer to hold the lobe with their fingers, some use a forcep. If I remember correctly, mine just used his hand (but then, he did a recovery, not a straight-out piercing).
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #162
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Earlobes don't hurt very much, they're just tender for a few days. If you sleep on back, use a hands free headset and wear your hair up, they feel better a lot faster.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #163
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Or like I said, a travel pillow (the ones that fit around your neck). I can only sleep on my side, so I used that in place of my regular pillow for a few weeks. Works great. You also avoid mooshing one side of your hair as flat. I also wondered about the one they're advertising on infomercials, that was specially designed as a body pillow to have curves and support system for your WHOLE body, and a built in cup for your ear. Lol. Though it's expensive, so I'd only get that as an added bonus if I pierce anything.
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #164
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Ooh! I've seen those! I want one just because they look cool! (I'm done piercing things, and take my earings out for bed so I dont have to worry about anything getting caught in my sleel)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #165
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I'm a side-sleeper too. I also bury my face right into my pillow, which was an issue when I got my eyebrow pierced XD I didn't sleep well for a couple of days because I was being so careful not to roll onto it lol