Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #211
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ouuuuuch. I can't imagine how much those piercings have gotta hurt. X_X

Nothing new from me, except money providing, I'll get a helix piercing done in late June (so, 2012), just after the ren-fest I plan to go to. I'm waiting 'til then because the Ren-fest cosplay requires prosthetic elf ears that don't work well with helixes, and after it I have July to Halloween with no worries about wigs or pointy ears to get in the way.

Hmm, think I'll get a purple bead for the captive bead-ring.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #212
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Ouuuuuch. I can't imagine how much those piercings have gotta hurt. X_X

Nothing new from me, except money providing, I'll get a helix piercing done in late June (so, 2012), just after the ren-fest I plan to go to. I'm waiting 'til then because the Ren-fest cosplay requires prosthetic elf ears that don't work well with helixes, and after it I have July to Halloween with no worries about wigs or pointy ears to get in the way.

Hmm, think I'll get a purple bead for the captive bead-ring.
once it heals you can put a small hole in your prosthetic ear and put the earring though the whole thing. just be careful taking it off

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #213
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, if I wear the ears afterward while I have to keep a ring in, I'll do that. I just don't want to mess up the positioning, because the shipping cost on them is absolutely ridonkulous and I don't want to buy a new pair because I poked holes in it (though a helix on a pointed ear would look cool. Lol. Can you tell I go nuts over pointed ears?).
Otherwise, I have a teeny silver sleeper and a flat, dumbell-shaped screw-in stud that would work great for a non-snagging piercing for both them and wigs.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #214
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

i'm kind of curious how an industrial would look in an elf ear, but i have to be extremely careful with latex prosthetics and certain adhesives. just how big are yours?

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Sanji - One Piece

Support a single mom ^.^
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #215
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've got these. My ears are small, too, so they're almost too big on me.

http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elf_ears/small_elf_ear (And bollocks about that ear cuff covering upthe edge. Mine NEVER stays in place without hurting like hell because ofhow they sit on me/the shape of my ear. I need to get some of that makeup for hiding the seams.)
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #216
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

oh that would look awesome, and a piercing might even help hold it on

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Sanji - One Piece

Support a single mom ^.^
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #217
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Wow, this thread hasn't been posted in for a while.. ><

I got a few new piercings though, which I'm really excited about. I got my Tragus done almost two months ago, and I got my thirds in both lobes done a few days ago. It's uncomfortable to sleep, but meh.
There are a few more in my ears I wanna get (four more, to be exact), but I'm gunna put those off until my other piercings heal. Cartilage takes longer and I really don't want to be unable to sleep comfortably. lol
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #218
Myaa
all ur meow r belong 2 us

My industrial took about a year until it completely healed. Snagging it on towels was the worst! >n<
I'm pretty much a quick healer, so I'd have to say it was tough having to remind myself to not sleep on my right side.

The worst piercing process I've been through involved a piercer with not so much experience/confidence as her mentor - guy who runs the shop, who I have trusted with 4 other jobs, not counting the tattoo done in same shop. While I appreciated her politeness & trying to make the process as gentle as possible, the least enjoyable part was her getting the needle under my skin and gradually increasing the pressure to get it to poke through the other side. Ouch.

Everything else went swimmingly, so it's all good. :3
Unread 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #219
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

My Tragus keeps getting caught in my hair, and I go to pull it back behind my ear and it gets pulled. NOT fun D: Some piercings are such a pain to take care of! lol
When I first got my eyebrow done, I snagged it on my shirts, towels, my hair.. everything. It suuuucked.
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #220
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If sleeping is a bitch with ear piercings, I'd try sleeping on a travel pillow, since it won't put any pressure on your ear (and you can add a flat pillow or fold a blanket under it or such if it's too low for you). I was SO glad for it when I got my ears repierced.
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #221
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

That would be a fantastic idea, except I can't sleep on my back :/ I just suck it up, and try to fold the bottom of my pillow so my ear isn't resting on it lol
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #222
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I meant using it for your side, actually. I only sleep on my side, and the travel pillow worked fine., since you just put the side of your head/ear into the hole in it and there you go, support but no pressure on your ear. Just pick one decently firm that'll still hold it's shape with your head laying on it, not in it.

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 09-22-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:47 PM   #223
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

Really? Hmm... maybe I will pick one up then :3
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #224
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

And it's got a dual purpose after you can sleep normally too. You can't go wrong there.:P
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #225
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

lol yeah, for sure. I do travel quite a bit, it would certainly be convenient